one...two...tree

John Edwards: Even Worse Than You Thought

24 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Federal prosecutors handling the trial against John Edwards rested their case last week against the former Democratic presidential candidate. On Friday, U.S. District Court Judge Catherine Eagles declined a request by the Edwards defense team to toss the case for lack of evidence.

This week, it’s the defense team’s turn. They are expected to make the strong — if not necessarily sympathetic — argument that he would have asked friends for money to hide his mistress even if he wasn’t running for president because he wanted to keep the affair a secret from his cancer-stricken wife.

Many observers agree that the case itself remains a stretch for the government — especially given the dramatic changes to campaign finance law that have happened following the 2008 election.

But what has been clear from the proceedings to this point is that the former heir apparent to the Democratic party, who had already completed a spectacular fall from grace, has been shown through testimony to be even more unscrupulous than many might have previously thought.

Here’s the 5 best pieces of evidence that make that case so far:

Edwards Referred to Hunter as a ‘Crazy #######’

Former aide Andrew Young testified that Edwards called mistress Rielle Hunter a “crazy #######” after she told Edwards she was pregnant in June 2007. Young said Edwards told him there was “a 1-in-3 chance” that the child was his.

He Asked Sean Penn For PR Advice

Edwards reached out to Sean Penn, Madeleine Stowe and Crash director Paul Haggis before admitting to fathering a child with mistress Rielle Hunter, former campaign speechwriter Wendy Button testified. Button helped Edwards work through 13 drafts of a statement admitting paternity in the summer of 2009 but did not end up admitting paternity until January 2010.

Justice John Edwards?

Former Edwards campaign adviser Leo Hindery testified that Edwards told him to reach out to then-Sens. Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama to make sure they knew he was up for the VP slot despite the unfolding mistress scandal. Edwards allegedly said he would trade his endorsement in exchange a spot on the ticket. Hindery testified that Edwards believed he could be attorney general if he wasn’t made vice president.

“We talked about a more elaborate long-term goal of Mr. Edwards, which was to be a Supreme Court justice,” Hindery testified.

Told Aide To ‘Go **’ Himself

Edwards allegedly told Peter Scher to “go ** [himself]” when he confronted him about the affair.

“I told him if it was true that he was having an affair with Ms. Hunter, he should not run for president,” Scher testified. “If it was true, eventually it would come out and it would destroy his political career.”

Bunny Thought Edwards Should Pay For His Own Girlfriend

Designer Bryan Huffman, an interior designer who is close with 101-year-old Edwards donor Bunny Mellon, testified that the heiress wasn’t one to judge someone having an extramarital affair but did have an opinion about how her money was spent.

“She thought maybe you should probably pay for your girlfriend yourself,” Huffman testified.

http://tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmemo.com/2012/05/john_edwards_worse_than_you_thought.php?ref=fpb

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Bunny Thought Edwards Should Pay For His Own Girlfriend

Designer Bryan Huffman, an interior designer who is close with 101-year-old Edwards donor Bunny Mellon, testified that the heiress wasn’t one to judge someone having an extramarital affair but did have an opinion about how her money was spent.

“She thought maybe you should probably pay for your girlfriend yourself,” Huffman testified.

Ouch

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

He Asked Sean Penn For PR Advice

:rofl:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I hate to break it to you, But Edwards is not worse than I thought.

Does it bother you at all that he paid himself minimum wage and listed all his other income as "capital gains" to avoid SS and medicare tax? That came out during the campaign when he released his tax returns but that was OK with the Dems. He paid MUCH less tax than his secretary, but that was OK, right?

The guy was never anything but a slimy bottom feeding ambulance chaser. Why is anyone surprised?

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

I always thought he was a two faced, weasely scumbag.

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • July 16, 2006 Met in person on her birthday in United Arab Emirates
  • August 4, 2006 sent certified mail I-129F packet Neb SC
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • August 21, 2006 received NOA1 in mail
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!
  • February 12, 2007 Abu Dhabi Interview SUCCESS!!! February 14 Visa in hand!
  • March 6, 2007 she is here!
  • MARCH 14, 2007 WE ARE MARRIED!!!
  • May 5, 2007 Sent AOS/EAD packet
  • May 11, 2007 NOA1 AOS/EAD
  • June 7, 2007 Biometrics appointment
  • June 8, 2007 first post biometrics touch, June 11, next touch...
  • August 1, 2007 AOS Interview! APPROVED!! EAD APPROVED TOO...
  • August 6, 2007 EAD card and Welcome Letter received!
  • August 13, 2007 GREEN CARD received!!! 375 days since mailing the I-129F!

Remove Conditions:

• May 1, 2009 first day to file
  • May 9, 2009 mailed I-751 to USCIS CS

Timeline

I always thought he was a two faced, weasely scumbag.

Elizabeth Edwards seemed like a nice person, and she married him. I'm baffled by his behavior and downfall. Obviously a smart, family man, but it seems like he changed, unless he was a skirt chaser to begin with.

These are the kind of folks that run the Democratic party. :blink:

See also Newt...

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • July 16, 2006 Met in person on her birthday in United Arab Emirates
  • August 4, 2006 sent certified mail I-129F packet Neb SC
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • August 21, 2006 received NOA1 in mail
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!
  • February 12, 2007 Abu Dhabi Interview SUCCESS!!! February 14 Visa in hand!
  • March 6, 2007 she is here!
  • MARCH 14, 2007 WE ARE MARRIED!!!
  • May 5, 2007 Sent AOS/EAD packet
  • May 11, 2007 NOA1 AOS/EAD
  • June 7, 2007 Biometrics appointment
  • June 8, 2007 first post biometrics touch, June 11, next touch...
  • August 1, 2007 AOS Interview! APPROVED!! EAD APPROVED TOO...
  • August 6, 2007 EAD card and Welcome Letter received!
  • August 13, 2007 GREEN CARD received!!! 375 days since mailing the I-129F!

Remove Conditions:

• May 1, 2009 first day to file
  • May 9, 2009 mailed I-751 to USCIS CS

Filed: Timeline

And then there is this, which makes the Edward's case look tame, if true:

Obama gives $5.9 Million Contract to Friend Who Offered Bribe to Silence Rev. Jeremiah Wright

Edward Klein, author of the yet-to-be-released unauthorized biography of President Obama, titled “The Amateur,” has now specifically named the man who allegedly bribed Reverend Jeremiah Wright, Obama’s former pastor, with a $150,000 payment to stop speaking publicly.

Klein, making an appearance on Sean Hannity’s radio show (via the Daily Caller), said, “Well, what happened is that after ABC’s Brian Ross broadcast the video tapes of the Rev. Wright ‘God damning America’ and slamming whites and slamming Jews and America, he was contacted by one of Obama’s closest personal friends – a guy who travels on Obama’s plane, who plays basketball with him, who goes on vacation with him.” Klein continued to out the briber, saying, “His name is Dr. Eric Whitaker. Dr. Whitaker is the vice president of the University of Chicago Medical Center and he’s a member of Obama’s very tight inner circle. And he sent an email to a member of the Trinity United Church of Christ.”

Hannity and Klein confirmed that this was the exact same hospital from which Michelle Obama received a whopping $316,962 in salary in 2005 as a vice president for external affairs at the University of Chicago Medical Center, the year after Barack became a U.S. Senator. That would total a $195,052 raise from her salary of $121,910 in 2004.

Klein then said that, in an email to a member of the church, Whitaker would offer the $150,000 to Rev. Wright “if he would shut-up and not criticize Obama anymore. Then after the Rev. Wright said ‘No thank you,’ Obama himself paid a personal call on the Rev. Wright,” which took place “about ten days” after Obama’s ‘race speech’ in 2008.

Klein confirmed that the schedules reported by Rev. Wright and U.S. Secret Service Logs matched up, “so we have confirmation that [the meeting] actually took place.”

It is worth noting that the White House Dossier reported today that Whitaker just received a $5.9 million dollar grant from the Department of Health and Human Services last week. He won the grant from over 3,000 applicants.

http://www.ijreview.com/2012/05/5547-obama-gives-5-9-million-contract-to-friend-who-offered-bribe-to-silence-rev-jeremiah-wright/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

re: John Edwards - many things seem similar with the Revered Bakker (Baker?)

re: Mr. Klein. Hey - politics and behind-the-green-door, as per usual. I don't care who's in office, this stuff ain't going away in my lifetime (and I'm a younger fella) ..

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

And then there is this, which makes the Edward's case look tame, if true:

Nancy Pelosi didn't drain the swamp after all.

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

"Retreat hell! We just got here!"

CAPT. LLOYD WILLIAMS, USMC