jordanianprincess

Posting on VJ

Does your SO have any impact on your posts/threads?  

120 members have voted

1. 1. Does your SO know about VJ?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not Sure
    • Yes and he/she even has my password.
    • Yes and he/she is also a member.
  2. 2. Does your SO read your posts/threads on VJ?

• Yes
    • No
    • Are you kidding? No way!
    • He/She helps me write them.
    • He/She would be very upset if they read my posts/threads.
  3. 3. If you SO does read your posts/threads, does that have any impact on what you post?

• Yes, that is why I prefer not share any personal info.
    • No, I am an open book.
    • I don't care what He/She thinks
    • I never thought about it.
    • This doesn't apply to me.
    • I hold back alot of what I want to say because He/She monitors my posts.

46 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Abdel is a very calm person and I have to watch how I react to stuff on VJ. If I seem angry about anything from here he will want me to quit reading. I did for a while because of that.

Of course, he is that way about everything I do. When I cuss at other drivers (not where they can hear me of course) he comments that the guy he rides home from work with just laughs at stupid drivers, he doesn't let them upset him (hint hint!). I remind him that I don't stay upset at them, I just say my opinion and move on. He's just not used to an expression of anger without real long-term anger associated with it.

He's always had a negative attitude about posting pictures on the internet but obviously I didn't let his opinion change me on that at first. After the whole Debbie thing I did take my pics down and now share them where I can control the access.

We do discuss what I read here sometimes, but mostly I just update him on how everyone's visa is coming. He knows a few of my friends by name and likes to hear things like "Noura's fiancee's interview went well."

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

My husband is actually the one that found VJ over a year ago. Although he doesn't get on himself, he knows my password. Not because I told him, but because he knows my favorite password, as do I know all of his. You know, that might be a great poll...do you know each others passwords!

Anyway, when we are online together, and he is doing his own thing I read VJ. He always laughs when he sees my face and says....hmmmm, VJ, right?

Now at times things come up that I think he would find interesting, or perhaps something I don't know about, so I discuss it with him. Although he doesn't read my posts I would never be ashamed if he did.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

When I discovered vj long time ago, I was excited to find so much current and useful information in one place and seeing how many other people were in similar situations - it was such a great find that I told everybody (maybe I'm a dork that way I but I was excited) I remember telling Hatem who got upset and told me to stay away from vj then. He said that I would meet people that would tell me bad things about men going to the us and I shouldn't come here. ( :whistle: yeah, whatever). Immediately, one of his brothers calls me and says "is that vj.com? or veejay.com? I can't find it, help me" :no:

Some time later when I was doing some form and I mentioned something bout vj, he was soooo mad that I was still visiting. (L) our first fight. He forbade me to come here anymore and that inspired me to start posting (til then I hadn't).

Sometimes he sees the history and still says "I told you not to open visajourney". It really upsets him but alot of things do so whatever

Just felt like sharing ...

3dflags_jor0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Hatem & Dawn

Dec 09, 2004 I130 sent to USCIS

Mar 02, 2006 Arrives in US

15 months start to finish for cr-1 from Amman with no RFEs, ARs or other bonus hang-ups

complete timeline in profile

Nov 27, 2007 Three year Annivrsary. Two more and I can apply for a Jordanian Passport, and then we're going to Cuba (Just because I can). can't wait...

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline

My Samir knows about VJ and doesnt like it. What he didnt like was all the ####### that was said about our relationship. Since he has been home I am not on the computer much at all anymore. Ad just like Hicham (Sarahs Hicham) he didnt like some of the things that some muslims in here were saying and didnt like what they portrayed Islam to be.

glitter_maker_12_28_2006_10_08_52_29516.gif

us3.jpg

Copy_of_Algeriaflagsamir.gif

usaflagshannon.gif

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

The worst was when the very heated religious debates were going on and I would ask him questions I saw on VJ about different sects or something and he would just say "please do not make decisions about Islam based on VJ". He also said quite sternly (haha) that there are not supposed to be any sects in Islam and that all he personally cares about is doing what God and the Quran says- not what some leader of a sect says.

Ameen to that!

My husband has no patience for this place.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I told him about it and gave him a link to a few things but honestly he has no time to log into the internet other than to chit chat with me and even that has cut down a lot since his dad died. Before that though I would talk about it a bit but he'd always say, "please my dear, only talk about us, ok?" lol He only wants to hear about the kids, me, my family, my work and that's it. I can't even talk politics because he doesn't want to waste the time to talk about anything that doesn't have to do directly with us.

And yeah you bet your bippy if I ever thought he knew who I was I wouldn't be sharin' half the stuff on here! :whistle: Kind of also why I won't put a pic on here either in case someone I know connects the dots..not just him either 'cause you just never know who's lurkin' around these parts. ;)

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

David knows all about VJ.... he has my password but has only posted 'through me', mostly in pm's. He doesn't have much patience for computers since he has had an unstable network connection where he lives. Might change when he gets here... I have a bunch of stuff I want to sell on Ebay, so I've asked him to be in charge of all of that. Will give him something to do while he's waiting for his EAD :P

We've talked about some of the issues that have been raised here and he recognizes this site as a valuable resource, especially when we were all comparing notes during IMBRA. We've often wondered how people get through this process without VJ...

Jen

8-30-05 Met David at a restaurant in Germany

3-28-06 David 'officially' proposed

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

9-25-06 Interview: APPROVED!

10-16-06 Flt to US, POE Detroit

11-5-06 Married

7-2-07 Green card received

9-12-08 Filed for divorce

12-5-08 Court hearing - divorce final

A great marriage is not when the "perfect couple" comes together.

It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

My husband was the one to find this site, so he has a user name.

He used to come on here and read to help us get thru the K-1/K-2 Visa, but since we were approved, he hasnt been on since.

He sees me on here, and he could care less. I like to help people on here if I can, just the same as people helped me thru this process.

I dont get involved in people's faith or politics on here :no:

PEGGY & ROGER

3dflagsdotcom_canad_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

K-1/K-2 VISA'S APPROVED IN MONTREAL MAY 2, 2005

K-1/K-2 AOS APPROVED IN ATLANTA MAY 17, 2006

10 year GC Approved - APRIL 16th ,2009 - Peggy and Jonathan's......

Still waiting for our cards...Had to file I-90 as they sent them to the wrong address.

March 9th, 2010, Received GC that has been lost in the mail for 10 months. Still waiting for my son's that is lost as well.

Filed Waiver for my son's 10 year GC and it was approved. He finally received his GC after its been missing for 2 years.

Thanking God this is over for 10 years.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
How come this post hasn't been moved to the Polls section?

Bcz I was more curious about Middle Eastern couples in particular. :star:

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Filed: Timeline
Abdel is a very calm person and I have to watch how I react to stuff on VJ. If I seem angry about anything from here he will want me to quit reading. I did for a while because of that.

Of course, he is that way about everything I do. When I cuss at other drivers (not where they can hear me of course) he comments that the guy he rides home from work with just laughs at stupid drivers, he doesn't let them upset him (hint hint!). I remind him that I don't stay upset at them, I just say my opinion and move on. He's just not used to an expression of anger without real long-term anger associated with it.

He's always had a negative attitude about posting pictures on the internet but obviously I didn't let his opinion change me on that at first. After the whole Debbie thing I did take my pics down and now share them where I can control the access.

We do discuss what I read here sometimes, but mostly I just update him on how everyone's visa is coming. He knows a few of my friends by name and likes to hear things like "Noura's fiancee's interview went well."

everytime I get upset about postings on here. my husband gives me the Speech

" shonnie stop talking to unknown persons " :angry: - then he ask is there any other good news on

VJ. :lol:

shon.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline

Well my husband knows about VJ and that I post here. He is welcome toread all I post, I leave my laptop open all time, so I am sure he reads all I write here and elsewhere so... He has asks what is VJ, which of course I explained to him...but he shares no interest in joining or monitoring every thing I read or post.

He knows I have friends I have met through VJ, on which his only questions has been: Do you trust them?

Of course he told me not to post any personal photos, which I observe...only posting once some birthday pics. And also asked me to not get *too into* the BS that goes around when people, mainly I think he meant women get together and out of boredom *talk*... :lol: Hmmm I wonder if he knew all that goes on here, would he ban me from VJ? :lol:

Filed: Country: Belarus
Timeline
Ok So I wanted to get a feel of how much couple participation there is here in our forum. My fiance will occasionaly come and read but not too often. It most definitly makes me think twice about what I want to post and that is another reason why I don't post photos here. No offense to anyone that does, this is what works for us. What works for you?

My wife knows about VJ, but doesn't have an account nor does she read my posts here. She occassionally has helped me to answer questions about members' Russian / Belarus visa proceedure questions. I got a PM from a VJ member in San Antonio whose fiancee was confused about getting how to get necessary documents from the Belarusian ministry in Minsk. My wife wrote her several e-mails explaining where to go and what to do. We actually eventually met them one time when passing through San Antonio on a roadtrip last year.

Otherwise my wife thinks it is silly to get into political, social, and cultural debates in Off Topic on VJ. That stuff doesn't interest her at all. She looks at my participation in these debates as a waste of time. She thinks the same thing about her daughter's participation in Yahoo chatrooms.

My wife told me she doesn't care if I goof off by posting on VJ...as long as I'm not chatting with other women. ;)

"Credibility in immigration policy can be summed up in one sentence: Those who should get in, get in; those who should be kept out, are kept out; and those who should not be here will be required to leave."

"...for the system to be credible, people actually have to be deported at the end of the process."

US Congresswoman Barbara Jordan (D-TX)

Testimony to the House Immigration Subcommittee, February 24, 1995

Filed: Other Country: Netherlands
Timeline

My fiancee knows about VisaJourney. I tell him regularly about the posts I put up and the ones that I see on the boards, but he doesn't read them and doesn't have an account. Even if he did, I probably wouldn't restrict what I post. No real reason to.

Our K-1 Visa/AOS/RoC timeline can be found here.