jordanianprincess

Posting on VJ

Does your SO have any impact on your posts/threads?  

120 members have voted

1. 1. Does your SO know about VJ?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not Sure
    • Yes and he/she even has my password.
    • Yes and he/she is also a member.
  2. 2. Does your SO read your posts/threads on VJ?

• Yes
    • No
    • Are you kidding? No way!
    • He/She helps me write them.
    • He/She would be very upset if they read my posts/threads.
  3. 3. If you SO does read your posts/threads, does that have any impact on what you post?

• Yes, that is why I prefer not share any personal info.
    • No, I am an open book.
    • I don't care what He/She thinks
    • I never thought about it.
    • This doesn't apply to me.
    • I hold back alot of what I want to say because He/She monitors my posts.

46 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Ok So I wanted to get a feel of how much couple participation there is here in our forum. My fiance will occasionaly come and read but not too often. It most definitly makes me think twice about what I want to post and that is another reason why I don't post photos here. No offense to anyone that does, this is what works for us. What works for you?

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hicham hates VJ more than anything. Especially when I tell him something stupid that happened or about some arguments or anything.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

yeah he kno0ws - he knows my password...but he NEVER comes on. He just isn't into internet stuff so much. He'll read over my shoulder occasionally or laugh when I relay stories to him...but he's just not into it. He came on and browed the guides when we first started but that's it.

I am an open book when it comes to him seeing what i post. That's just me - and he knows me...so i'm fine with it

Finally finished with immigration in 2012!

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Ok So I wanted to get a feel of how much couple participation there is here in our forum. My fiance will occasionaly come and read but not too often. It most definitly makes me think twice about what I want to post and that is another reason why I don't post photos here. No offense to anyone that does, this is what works for us. What works for you?

posting pics is never a good idea on the internet, as you might recall from about 6 months ago (debbie)

i post what i want, i know nessa may or may not read what i write but usually she has no interest in political debates :P

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Tamer signed up awhile back, posted like once, and will occasionally read what I write (hi sweetie *waves*). The main issue is the amount of time I spend on VJ :lol: Oh man, are you on VJ again? So, what's the latest happenings?

I was doing really well for awhile in not logging on when I was home, but I've been slipping. Need to renew that commitment.

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

yeah he kno0ws - he knows my password...but he NEVER comes on. He just isn't into internet stuff so much. He'll read over my shoulder occasionally or laugh when I relay stories to him...but he's just not into it. He came on and browed the guides when we first started but that's it.

I am an open book when it comes to him seeing what i post. That's just me - and he knows me...so i'm fine with it

pretty much the same here.....I am often typing away when he is sitting next to me...he will read over my shoulder if something catches his eye.....he has no interest in making an account which suits me fine cos he is just the most opinionated person I know and calls it how he sees it....I am not sure there is room for another one like that here.... :P:lol::lol: ....just kidding.... :blush:

Filed: Timeline

I couldn't vote properly because all my options were not available.... My husband knows about VJ, comes here to read and is a member himself (he doesn't post though), knows my password and reads my posts.

Does the fact that he reads here affect what I post? No. It just so happens that we share the same views on what should/should not be discussed/posted in public and so we don't have this problem.... I wouldn't post/discuss soemthing that he wouldn't approve of, not because I'm worried that he'd disapprove but because I, myself, disapprove.

I don't post pics or get too personal on this board (or others) because it is public and we're in mixed company.... I am a muslimah who observes hijab and I wouldn't go out of my house without being completely covered (except my face and hands-- though sometimes I veil too) so why would I post pics here like that?? It just doesn't make sense to me. If it was just the girls and it was a trustworthy group who all understood the importance of not sharing pics with husbands/fiances maybe it would be different but this is not that place.

I guess I am lucky in that Yousuf and I hold pretty much the same views/beliefs about anything and everything. :luv:

Abderrafie has used this ID himself in the past and posted a few times. I don't think he comes anymore. He used to occasionally read the "Moving Here and Your New Life In America" forum.

I wouldn't say he hates VJ but he says مصيبة or كارثة regarding some of the stuff that is shared. He thinks certain things should be kept off a public forum (marital problems, etc). It is like what VP said, we have the same feelings on what should be shared, so it doesn't alter how I post, although his feelings are probably part of the reason I come less often. I think it is up to each person to decide what they choose to share, but he is more of the mindset of why would I want to be around people he feels are disgracing their spouses.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I guess I will elaborate a bit on my answer. As I said, Hicham hates VJ. He thinks that when I read about other Moroccan couples and I say how disgusted I am about something that I am comparing him to the Moroccan man and he gets upset. Usually I just tell him about the drama but now I have stopped because it doesn't interest him at all (thank God).

The worst was when the very heated religious debates were going on and I would ask him questions I saw on VJ about different sects or something and he would just say "please do not make decisions about Islam based on VJ". He also said quite sternly (haha) that there are not supposed to be any sects in Islam and that all he personally cares about is doing what God and the Quran says- not what some leader of a sect says.

Oops I better stop because I have completely gotten off topic. K bye!

Sarah

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

Yes, Sujeet knows about VJ and has the username "Sujeet". :lol:

He has posted only a few times in the past, during our visa process and after he first arrived here. He has little interest in VJ nowadays.

He has read my posts before, but doesn't much anymore. He just doesn't feel like coming on VJ.

Once in awhile if I bring up a topic I had been discussing he'll want me to read some posts to him, for entertainment mostly. Or if someone makes a thread for us like for our anniversary, I'll tell him to read it.

For awhile he'd say to me, why the heck do you still post on VJ? But now he realizes I like it and just do. lol

Edited by stina&suj

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Sharon doesn't have much time right now to be here, no access from work for her, but for me this is a part of my daily rutine at the office. Sharon does need her daily timeline updates though. If you look you will see that this only my 4th post in 10 months, been reading a lot and learning from the other posters.

Does age go before beauty here or do we have to stand in line too. :devil:

09/20/2006 - Sent I-129F

09/22/2006 - Received at NSC
09/28/2006 - NOA-1 (1-797C date )

10/02/2006 - Cheque cashed

10/02/2006 - NOA 1 (I-797C recieved in the mail)

12/08/2006 - NOA-2 in 79 days

12/13/2006 - NOA-2 hard copy recieved

12/26/2006 - Package recieved by NVC

12/30/2006 - Received by Montreal

01/22/2007 - Received Packet 3

04/16/2007 - Returned Packet 3

08/02/2007 - Received medical documentation

08/07/2007 - Received Interview date Aug. 9th

08/09/2007 - Received I-601 and 212 (not approved yet)

02/17/2008 - I-601 approved 212 abandoned

06/2?/2009 - New medical and passport and doc sent to Mtl

07/22/2009 - Recieved request for DS-221 and notarized letter of intent

07/31/2009 - Montreal recieves thier final requested doc.

09/01/2009 - Visa approved and mail out today

Timeline

So for those of you whose SO knows nothing about VJ, would you be more discreet with your posts if they knew?

~jordanian_princess~

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Filed: Timeline

My Bingo is a member of VJ. he reads my postings all the time and he gets a kick out of my

postings. he mostly reads the ISL threads - hoping for good news. lately he has not been

on VJ because, its depressing. I used to post pics now I dont because too many hateful people

in the world. we both have met members from VJ. so its all good.

shon.gif

Timeline

My Bingo is a member of VJ. he reads my postings all the time and he gets a kick out of my

postings. he mostly reads the ISL threads - hoping for good news. lately he has not been

on VJ because, its depressing. I used to post pics now I dont because too many hateful people

in the world. we both have met members from VJ. so its all good.

I agree with you here on the photos thingy. I have had mine hacked before and it doesnt take much to cut off someone's head and attach it to a nude body. I never ever post my photos online, I have shared them with some members privatly but that is all I am willing to do. My fiance would be BEYOND pissed off if he saw my pics on VJ.

~jordanian_princess~

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg