Aimee K

Thinking of early walk-in for biometrics?

246 posts in this topic

Question for people in Los Angeles biometric appointments.Are they telling u which place exactly to go in Los Angeles or u just go to the closest one.have anyone turned away from Los Angeles downtown???

they tell u where, when and what time :) you might receive a letter with all the information.

AOS JOURNEY
09/25/2012 - Sent AOS I-485/EAD Package
10/04/2012 - 2 NOA's hardcopies received at home
10/11/2012 - Biometrics appointment letter received
10/15/2012 - RFE hard copy (request for 2011 tax return and sponsor I-864 )
10/20/2012 - RFE sent and txt message received confirming they got it
10/22/2012 - Walk-in biometrics successful (15 days earlier)
12/10/2012 - Status updated, interview schedule for 01/11/2013
12/11/2012 - EAD status updated approved
12/15/2012 - EAD status Document Production
12/17/2012 - EAD status USPS has picked up
12/19/2012 - EAD card received
01/11/2013 - Interview, approved on spot
01/19/2013 - Green Card arrived in the mail :) See you in two years :)

I-751 Removing Condition Journey

10/15/2014 - Sent I-751 Package

10/18/2014 - Received NOA1 (One year Extension)

10/20/2014 - Check Cashed

10/29/2014 - Biometrics Appointment letter received for 10/11/14

11/04/2014 - Biometrics done (Walk in)

04/02/2015 - Approved and Card in production :)

• 2 months later...

Add your info alphbetically

City - Reason - Successful?

CALIFORNIA

Buena Park CA - No reason, just gave security guard my appt letter. YES

Gardena- 5/24/12

Los Angeles - (USCIS Fairfax on W. Pico). Successful with no questions asked.

Los Angeles (downtown) July 2012. NO

Pomona- long wait. Successful

Santa Ana -Walked in 2 times in June 2012. No questions asked. The friendly security guards even told me I could go inside to fill out the form for my wife but will have to wait outside afterwards.

FLORIDA

Miami - June 2012 - Gave no reason. Showed up 2 weeks before - was in and out in 5 minutes.

GEORGIA

Atlanta - No reason Officer had us wait outside until the earliest appts went in (about 15 minutes). Yes.

Atlanta - Our appt was for 6/13 went in 5/25 and we were successful with no questions. The office just wrote on our form Walk-in.

INDIANA

Michigan City - January 2012 - No reason needed - Yes to successful walk-in(asked about it, I was there the same day as appointment)

IOWA

Des Moines - April 2010 - Husbands erratic work schedule meant rescheduling wouldn't help because there was still no guarantee the new date would work - Successful

Des Moines - March 2011 - To get it over with - Successful (advised they were being more strict but letting them proceed due to no-one else being there)

LOUISIANA

Metairie - Unsuccessful. You must arrive on the correct day at the exact time of your appointment, or they will not see you. Tried for AOS, ROC and N-400. Two friends have also tried it and been refused.

MARYLAND

Wheaton - told Security guard I was not going to be in State on the day. Yes

Wheaton - July 2012, asked why could not make appointment, said attending wedding. Successful(out in 10 minutes).

MINNESOTA

St Paul - No reason asked or given. Successful

Minneapolis-May 2012- NO because one of the computers was down

NEW JERSEY

Hackensack - The guard asked me what I was doing there on 8/20/12 when my schedule was 8/30/12. I told him my sister will be having her baby and I will fly to Rochester on 8/25/12 to be with her. The guard let me talk with the manager and the manager checked my roundtrip ticket. The walk-in attempt was SUCCESSFUL.

NEW YORK

Holtsville, NY (Long Island) 5/22/12 No reason asked. YES

OHIO

Cleveland- no questions. Successful.

PENNSYLVANIA

Philadelphia - Drummond Road -Successful. No questions asked. YES

TENNESSEE

Nashville- unsuccessful

TEXAS

Austin - We were in the area that day (we live an hour away) - Yes

Dallas (Whitehurst) - Yes, had to give a reason, come early and they will take you

Houston (Hwy 290 office) -Jan 2012 - gave no reason, only appt letter. Yes (3 times-AOS, ROC, Citizenship)

Houston SW (Sugarland) No questions. YES

VIRGINIA

Alexandria - Yes

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

CALIFORNIA

Gardena- 5/24/12

Santa Ana -Walked in 2 times in June 2012. No questions asked. The friendly security guards even told me I could go inside to fill out the form for my wife but will have to wait outside afterwards.

FLORIDA

Miami - June 2012 - Gave no reason. Showed up 2 weeks before - was in and out in 5 minutes.

GEORGIA

Atlanta - No reason Officer had us wait outside until the earliest appts went in (about 15 minutes). Yes.

Atlanta - Our appt was for 6/13 went in 5/25 and we were successful with no questions. The office just wrote on our form Walk-in.

INDIANA

Michigan City - January 2012 - No reason needed - Yes to successful walk-in(asked about it, I was there the same day as appointment)

IOWA

Des Moines - April 2010 - Husbands erratic work schedule meant rescheduling wouldn't help because there was still no guarantee the new date would work - Successful

Des Moines - March 2011 - To get it over with - Successful (advised they were being more strict but letting them proceed due to no-one else being there)

LOUISIANA

Metairie - Unsuccessful. You must arrive on the correct day at the exact time of your appointment, or they will not see you. Tried for AOS, ROC and N-400. Two friends have also tried it and been refused.

MARYLAND

Wheaton - July 2012, asked why could not make appointment, said attending wedding. Successful(out in 10 minutes).

MINNESOTA

NEW JERSEY

Hackensack - The guard asked me what I was doing there on 8/20/12 when my schedule was 8/30/12. I told him my sister will be having her baby and I will fly to Rochester on 8/25/12 to be with her. The guard let me talk with the manager and the manager checked my roundtrip ticket. The walk-in attempt was SUCCESSFUL.

NEW YORK

Manhattan, NY, 01/15/2013, Couldn't get to Philadelphia, Walk in Successful

OHIO

PENNSYLVANIA

TENNESSEE

Nashville- unsuccessful

TEXAS

Dallas (Whitehurst) - Yes, had to give a reason, come early and they will take you

Houston (Hwy 290 office) -Jan 2012 - gave no reason, only appt letter. Yes (3 times-AOS, ROC, Citizenship)

VIRGINIA

Alexandria - Yes

Edited by Nicola & Matt

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I want to try the walk in for my biometric but scared.....I am in NY and i dont see alot of persons saying they did a walk in.....I am wondering if they would be alot more strict in NY..My appt. is the 1st of Feb so when would you think would be a good day to go or it doesnt matter. Thanks in advance.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Denver, Co- went in 2 days early because I couldn't get the day off of work to take hubby on exact date and we had no issues!

About 20min wait.

Edited by little_dreamer

Our love began in 2010....our Journey in 2012 (January) and now we are at peace until 2014!

Timeline (kinda-- Im not putting exact dates- just months~)

--January 2012-- Sent our I-485 and I-130 packet off :)

--February 2012-- Touch-- Need more evidence.

--February 2012-- Sent more evidence.

--March 2012-- Biometrics and Doctors App (around the same time)

--June 2012-- (BIG PROBLEM) Immigration sent us a 'DENIAL' letter due to not having a sponsor (I thought we didnt need one)

--June 2012-- we hired a lawyer and got a sponsor, got the I-290B Motion to Appeal or Reopen had everything sent off by the end of July 2012.

--October 2012-- OUR APPEAL WAS APPROVED (breath easy, we didn't have to wait too long)

--October 2012-- Work permit sent-- got SSN

--November 26th, 2012-- AOS interview-- Got sent out told to get a translator and new interview date would be sent. :(

--January 8th, 2013-- Second interview...went well but no idea if we were approved or denied....VERY STRESSFUL!!

--January 15th, 2013-- APPPPPPRRRROOOOVVVEEEED!!!!!! (checked on USCIS web site)

--January 18th, 2013-- Card Production Ordered....welcome letter (hard copy) in the mail!!! :)

--January 24th, 2013--CARD IN HAND!!! DONE!!!!!

on-beach-at-sunset.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Guyana
Timeline

Chula Vista, CA. My first bio appointment was scheduled for Nov 9th, 2012, i did a walk in on Oct 31st, 2012. A few days later received another bio appointment (I was told it was for my EAD) for Nov 28th, 2012, i completed that walk-in on Nov 5th, 2012 with no problems. Both walk-ins were completed in less than 15 minutes.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Guyana
Timeline

CALIFORNIA

Gardena- 5/24/12

Chula Vista, 2 Walk-ins, first was 10 days early and the second was 23 days before the appointment. No questions asked - Successful.

FLORIDA

GEORGIA

INDIANA

IOWA

LOUISIANA

MARYLAND

MINNESOTA

NEW JERSEY

NEW YORK

OHIO

PENNSYLVANIA

TENNESSEE

Nashville- unsuccessful

TEXAS

VIRGINIA

Alexandria - Yes

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

CALIFORNIA

Gardena- 5/24/12

Chula Vista, 2 Walk-ins, first was 10 days early and the second was 23 days before the appointment. No questions asked - Successful.

FLORIDA

GEORGIA

INDIANA

IOWA

LOUISIANA

MARYLAND

MINNESOTA

MISSOURI

St. Louis - No problems, no questions asked, Successful

NEW JERSEY

NEW YORK

OHIO

PENNSYLVANIA

TENNESSEE

Nashville- unsuccessful

TEXAS

VIRGINIA

Alexandria - Yes

Edited by Pinkrlion

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

City - Reason - Successful

Take out the top and bottom "quote" tags so your edit is not in a box.

CALIFORNIA

Gardena- 5/24/12

COLORADO

Denver, Co- went in 2 days early because I couldn't get the day off of work to take hubby on exact date and we had no issues

FLORIDA

GEORGIA

INDIANA

IOWA

LOUISIANA

MARYLAND

MINNESOTA

MISSOURI

NEW JERSEY

NEW YORK

OHIO

PENNSYLVANIA

TENNESSEE

Nashville- unsuccessful

TEXAS

VIRGINIA

Alexandria - Yes

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

CALIFORNIA

Gardena- 5/24/12

San Marcos - Walked in at a little after 2pm and we're 2nd in line. Showed Appointment Notice and passport. Entire process only took 15 minutes and didn't have to pay parking fee (inside a small shopping center)

COLORADO

Denver, Co- went in 2 days early because I couldn't get the day off of work to take hubby on exact date and we had no issues

FLORIDA

GEORGIA

INDIANA

IOWA

LOUISIANA

MARYLAND

MINNESOTA

MISSOURI

NEW JERSEY

NEW YORK

OHIO

PENNSYLVANIA

TENNESSEE

Nashville- unsuccessful

TEXAS

VIRGINIA

Alexandria - Yes

K1
05/22/12 - Mailed I-129F
08/17/12 - Approved I-129F NOA2 (85 days)
11/19/12 - Approved Visa!! (179 days)
12/01/12 - POE Honolulu, HI
12/21/12 - Wedding Day!
AOS, EAD and AP
01/05/13 - Mailed I-485, I-765 and I-131
01/09/13 - USCIS accepted case and received text
01/11/13 - Cashed check
01/08/13 - Received NOA1
01/18/13 - Received Biometrics Appointment Notice
01/22/13 - Early Biometrics Walk-in (scheduled Feb 7)
01/27/13 - We're pregnant!!
02/04/13 - Received Appointment Notice
03/04/13 - Approved EAD and AP (58 days)
03/12/13 - Received EAD and AP combo card
03/12/13 - Interview and Approved GC (63 days)
03/20/13 - Received Green Card

10/3/13 - Baby #1 arrived

2/17/14 - Pregnant again! LOL

10/20/14 - Baby #2 arrived
ROC
01/09/15 - Mailed I-751

01/12/15 - NOA

01/16/15 - Received NOA Letter

01/20/15 - Mailed DMV 1yr Extension

02/05/15 - Received Biometrics Letter

02/09/15 - Early Bio (Walk-IN)

02/19/15 - Biometrics Appointment

06/15/15 - Approved
06/15/15 - Card Ordered and Mailed

08/22/15 - Card Received

N-400 on or after 12/15/15

and they'll live happily ever, ever after...
Relationship Journey: Our pursuit to happiness

• 1 month later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline

CALIFORNIA

Gardena- 5/24/12

San Marcos - Walked in at a little after 2pm and we're 2nd in line. Showed Appointment Notice and passport. Entire process only took 15 minutes and didn't have to pay parking fee (inside a small shopping center)

COLORADO

FLORIDA

GEORGIA

INDIANA

IOWA

LOUISIANA

MARYLAND

MINNESOTA

MISSOURI

NEW JERSEY

NEW YORK

OHIO

PENNSYLVANIA

Pittsburgh - did this twice and no questions asked! YES

TENNESSEE

Nashville- unsuccessful

TEXAS

VIRGINIA

Alexandria - Yes

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

CALIFORNIA

Gardena- 5/24/12

San Marcos - Walked in right after I got apt letter, went 20 min before closing, was the only one there, didn't give any reason, was in and out in 7 min, free ample parking space.

COLORADO

FLORIDA

GEORGIA

INDIANA

IOWA

LOUISIANA

MARYLAND

MINNESOTA

MISSOURI

NEW JERSEY

NEW YORK

OHIO

PENNSYLVANIA

TENNESSEE

Nashville- unsuccessful

TEXAS

VIRGINIA

Alexandria - Yes

N-400, Application for Naturalization

03/20/2016 [Day -2] - Early filing date (GC + 3 years)
03/22/2016 [Day 0] - Submitted package to Arizona lockbox via USPS 2-day

03/29/2016 [Day 7] - Check cashed

04/01/2016 [Day 10] - NOA letter received (Priority date 03/24)
04/09/2016 [Day 18] - Fingerprints letter received (Apt date 04/21)
04/11/2016 [Day 20] - Successful early biometrics walk-in at San Marcos, CA
05/18/2016 [Day 57] - InLine status (no SMS or emails ..)
-- Rescheduled interview
07/13/2016 [Day 113] - Interview Letter
08/15/2016 [Day 146] - Interview
09/22/2016 [Day 184] - Oath Ceremony
10/11/2016 - Passport Delivered!!

Adjustment of Status : Green Card via Spouse from TN Status

02/20/2013 [Day -2] - Medical Examination - $150
02/22/2013 [Day 0] - Mailed AOS package (I-130, I-131, I-485, I-765, I-693, I-864) to Chicago Lockbox via USPS Priority Mail
02/25/2013 [Day 3] - AOS Package delivered to USCIS Chicago at 10:30pm
03/06/2013 [Day 12] - Received 4 NOA1 notifications via E-mail around midnight
03/07/2013 [Day 13] - Checks cashed
03/11/2013 [Day 17] - Received hard copies of NOAs for I-130, I-131, I-485 and I-765
03/11/2013 [Day 17] - Received Biometrics Appointment Letter - Scheduled for 03/28
03/12/2013 [Day 18] - Successful early biometrics walk-in at San Marcos, CA
03/21/2013 [Day 27] - RFE for I-130 (electronic notice)
03/25/2013 [Day 31] - Received RFE in the mail.
04/14/2013 [Day 51] - Response to the RFE
04/17/2013 [Day 54] - RFE received by USCIS at 4:08 PM
04/18/2013 [Day 55] - RFE Response Review notification received by SMS/Email at 9:14AM (PST)
05/07/2013 [Day 74] - EAD: Name was updated at 1:15PM
05/07/2013 [Day 74] - AP: Approval notification at 2:15PM
05/07/2013 [Day 74] - AOS: Testing and Interview notification at 3:30PM
05/10/2013 [Day 77] - EAD: Card sent for production at 4:45AM
05/13/2013 [Day 80] - EAD: Card mailed at 9:00AM
05/13/2013 [Day 80] - AOS: Interview notification for June 18th at 8:31AM
05/13/2013 [Day 80] - AOS: Interview notice received in the mail
05/15/2013 [Day 82] - EAD+AP: Received Card in the mail at 11AM
06/18/2013 [Day 116] - AOS Interview in San Diego
06/18/2013 [Day 116] - Notification on USCIS website - AOS Approved and registered
06/21/2013 [Day 119] - GC sent for production
06/24/2013 [Day 122] - GC sent via USPS
06/26/2013 [Day 124] - GC DELIVERED at 10:45AM!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

You can add Duluth, MN - walk in successful, no questions asked.

USCIS [*] 22 Nov. 2011 - I-129 package sent; [*] 25 Nov. 2011 - Package delivered; [*] 25 Nov. 2011 - NOA1/petition received and routed to the California Service Center; [*] 30 Nov. 2011 - Touched/confirmation though text message and email; [*] 03 Dec. 2011 - Hard copy received; [*]24 April 2012 - NOA2 (no RFEs)/text message/email/USCIS account updated; [*] 27 April 2012 - NOA2 hard copy received.

NVC [*] 14 May 2012 - Petition received by NVC ; [*] 16 May 2012 - Petition left NVC.

EMBASSY [*] 18 May 2012 - Petition arrived at the US Embassy in Bucharest; [*] 22 May 2012 - Package 3 received; [*] 24 May 2012 - Package sent to the consulate, interview date set; [*] 14 June 2012 - Interview date, approved.

POE [*] 04 July 2012 - Minneapolis/St.Paul. [*] 16 September 2012 - Wedding Day!

AOS/EAD/AP [*] 04 February 2013 - AOS/EAD/AP package sent; [*] 07 February 2013 - AOS/EAD/AP package delivered; [*] 12 February 2013 - NOA1 text messages/emails; [*] 16 February 2013 - NOA1 received in the regular mail; [*] 28 February 2013 - Biometrics letter received (appointment date, March 8th); [*] 04 March 2013 - Biometrics walk-in completed (9 out of 10 fingerprints taken, pinky would not give in); [*] 04 April 2013 - EAD/AP card approved; [*] 11 April 2013 - Combo card sent/tracking number obtained; [*] 15 April 2013 - Card delivered.

[*] 15 May 2013 - Moved from MN to LA; [*] 17 May 2013 - Applied for a new SS card/filed an AR-11 online (unsuccessfully), therefore called and spoke to a Tier 2 and changed the address; [*] 22 May 2013 - Address updated on My Case Status (finally can see the case numbers online); [*] 28 May 2013 - Letter received in the mail confirming the change of address; [*] 31 July 2013 - Went to Romania; [*] 12 September 2013 - returned to the US using the AP, POE Houston, everything went smoothly; [*] 20 September 2013 - Spoke to a Tier2 and put in a service request; [*] 23 September 2013 - Got "Possible Interview Waiver" letter (originally sent on August, 29th to my old address, returned and re-routed to my current address); [*] 1 October 2013 - Started a new job.

event.png

Trying to get the word out about our struggles:

http://voices.yahoo.com/almost-legal-citizen-but-not-quite-12155565.html?cat=9

• 3 weeks later...

CALIFORNIA

Chula Vista, 2 Walk-ins, first was 10 days early and the second was 23 days before the appointment. Successful.

Gardena- 5/24/12

San Marcos - Walked in right after I got apt letter, went 20 min before closing, was the only one there, didn't give any reason, was in and out in 7 min, free ample parking space.

COLORADO

FLORIDA

GEORGIA

INDIANA

IOWA

LOUISIANA

MARYLAND

MINNESOTA

Duluth - successful

MISSOURI

NEW JERSEY

NEW YORK

OHIO

PENNSYLVANIA

TENNESSEE

Nashville- unsuccessful

TEXAS

VIRGINIA

Alexandria - Yes

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.