yamila

I129f file cancelled..what can i do?

21 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
i am so sorry to hear that. The same situation happened to us before and we ended up re-filing coz it might take more time to dig up the case from somewhere. As I always trying to warning people arround here... if you can... never change your address... The same problem ourred to us when I was changing my status... the process itself is complicated... make it simple.

Ok that's interesting to me...im a newbie but you validate in a way my intuition...is it possible for you to developp a bit more?...i.e, when you mentionned you had to re-fill...refill what?...and where are you now in the proceedure...and do you think the 1st fill lol if i can use this expression...will be brought in the 2nd proceedure you are into now?...i think that will help the OP in here...

CR-1, VT- Canada

I-130:

25 Aug 06 - Sent I-130 (a Friday)

28 Aug 06 - NOA1 & Certif. receipt returned ( a Monday) Day 1

29 Aug 06 - USCIS cashes check

30 Aug 06 - check cleared & 1ST TOUCH.

01 Sept 06 - NOA1 recvd by Mail

09 Sept 06 - 2ND TOUCH (a Saturday)

09 Mai 07 - NOA2 (2 e-mails)

Note: were told the long delay due to huge backlog and internal changes in VT

NVC :

04-June-07 - NVC generates DS-3032 & AOS bill

12-June-07 - AOS Bill payment sent/ alien receives DS-3032 form (by mail, dated 4th June)

13-June-07 - Alien sends back completed DS-3032 (by mail)/ rcvd 19th of June approx.

To mid July-07 - I-864 form sent completed and IV fee bill

19-July-07 NVC rcv I-864 form; mail signature rcvd.

22-Aug-07 Ds-230 with documents sent to NVC.

20-Sep - 07 Alien sends NVC Missing document. NVC receives it the 25th.

05-Oct - 07 NVC completed.

16-Jan - 08 Interview, 3 questions asked, visa approved same day, received 1week later approx.

Note: delay due to internal delay, missing document (not rfe) and self procrastination of understanding some abstract terms. C Post not at all reliable (delivery duration, delivery with signature (did not deliver personnaly), and delivery of interview letter rcvd after the interview).

In USA:

01-03-08 POE Entry in USA

...-03-08 2 Welcome in America letters and green card received.

"What I know is that I know nothing"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline

I don´t officially live in argentina. i am just here short term. My address never changed and I did not tell the USCIS that I live in Argentina, because i officially live in California with my parents still. My work address is in Argentina..so i did put that on my I129f..maybe that will come back to haunt me..i don´t know. but I haven´t even had to cross that bridge yet, since they are still waiting for the IMBRA RFE to complete my petition.

2/20/2007--K-1 interview and approved visa!!!

3/14/2007--entry into the U.S

3/19/2007- civil wedding

3/21/2007--OAS papers mailed off

4/21/07 Biometrics appointment

6/20/2007--AOS interview in sacramento--almost aproved

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Oh God...This is a nightmare. One more proof positive of the desperate need for overhaul and reform of this godforsaken system...

You definitely need congressional help at this point, IMHO. You also need to write a calm but forthright letter to the USCIS/CSC yourself, making it clear that you have complied with all requests made of you and that the cancellation of your case is not due to any error of yours. The letter should concisely state the facts of your case and assert that you look forward to the timely resolution of an error made on USCIS's part. Once you draft the letter, if you need someone to look it over, let me know...All is not lost. Not yet. Don't panic. Know your rights and pursue them calmly and rationally. :yes::thumbs:

January 2004: Met Laurent at the Bibliothèque nationale in Paris

February 2004: We became an actual couple

January 29th, 2006: I left France to return to the United States--AWFUL to say goodbye!

June 2006: Finally convinced Laurent that a K-1 visa would be more time-effective than trying to get an H-1

August 1st, 2006: The K-1 petition is finally in the mail and on its way to Nebraska...WooHoooo!! And yes, I remembered to attach the check! :-)

August 3rd, 2006: USPS online tracking shows that my petition (sent certified) was received at the NSC at 5:05am

August 14th, 2006: NOA1 received USPS!! (I-129F recv'd at CSC: 8/4; NOA date: 8/10; last touched: 8/11)

October 2nd, 2006: I MISTAKENLY thought we had an approval...False alarm...Back to waiting...

October 3rd, 2006: TOUCHED!!

October 4th, 2006: REALLY AND TRULY APPROVED!!! Email notification lists 10/3 as the NOA2 date.

Later that same day: TOUCHED...AGAIN! Hope that means I'm in a cozy box and moving to NVC this week...

October 10th, 2006: Received official NOA2 via snail mail.

October 19th, 2006: Case received at NVC!! AWESOME!!

October 20th, 2006: Case forwarded to Paris!! DHL says two shipments were headed that way. Must be in there somewhere...

October 27th, 2006: Received official receipt letter from NVC via USPS.

Does Argentina offer DCF?

Read this: Immigrant Visa Filing in Argentina

"US citizens legally residing in Argentina and some US citizens marrying resident Argentines may file a petition at the US Embassy in Buenos Aires."

This website may be outdated. You should call the Embassy immediately and ask them if you would be eligible to file an immigrant visa petition (I-130) at the Embassy.

If so, then you'd have to get married, but the process would be shortened.

I can't search the archives so I don't know if anyone posting on VisaJourney has successfully done DCF in Argentina.

DCF (Germany)

April 7, 2006 - Married

April 15, 2006 - I-130 sent to Frankfurt Consulate

April 22, 2006 - I-130 returned to us (personal checks not acceptable)

April 24, 2006 - I-130 resubmitted with Credit Card Payment Form

June 14, 2006 - I-130 Approved

June 15, 2006 - Packet 3 Received

June 16, 2006 - OF-169 & Passport (Biographical Page Only) faxed to the Consulate

June 17, 2006 - DS 230 Part 1 & OF-169 mailed to the Consulate

June 26, 2006 - Packet 4 Received

June 27, 2006 - Medical Examination in Berlin

July 21, 2006 - Interview at Frankfurt Consulate

July 21, 2006 - Visa Approved!

August 22, 2006 - America!

July 26, 2008 - I-751 sent to VSC

August 1, 2008 - Check cashed

August 1, 2008 - NOA-1 received

September 9, 2008 - Biometics Appointment

March 12, 2009 - Transfer from VSC to CSC?

March 16, 2009 - Approved (10-year green card should be mailed within 60 days)

Consider whether your short-term goal is interfering with your long-term goal, and decide which is more important to you.

I don't like this advice, I think that the only important goal is to be with the one you love. If you can be with your sweetheart while the case is being processed who cares, within reasonable limits, how long it takes?

I am very sorry for your set-back. But I do envy you! :yes:

Each day that I am forced to be away from my fiancee I feel that I have been punched in the heart.

My advice; reapply and remain in Argentina, and any time you start to feel sad about the extra wait just hug your fiancee. I really envy you...........

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
I don´t officially live in argentina. i am just here short term. My address never changed and I did not tell the USCIS that I live in Argentina, because i officially live in California with my parents still. My work address is in Argentina..so i did put that on my I129f..maybe that will come back to haunt me..i don´t know. but I haven´t even had to cross that bridge yet, since they are still waiting for the IMBRA RFE to complete my petition.

Ok, maybe you need to clarify more for them your situation; with the light of the new info you provide in this post, what comes to my mind 1st is that you are in an ambiguous situation; what I mean by that is that 1 personal info is in 1 place and you are in another place, ( 1 foot here, 1 foot there, which can be confusing for everybody...imagine when you have to deal as they have, with 2 or 3 places of checking on the petitions, then transfered here and there...) that you maybe omitted to clarify to them...(when you mentionned you did not tell USCIS where you live currently, the term "currently" is important because on their forms is requested this present time, where you are, etc). So, also, I don't know what is to say or not to them, what is best...but maybe clarify for yourself the situation more in detail...the help of an attorney can be useful, or, why not go get advice from the consulate in Argentina, as you are to make another step. In any case, for whatever step you'll make, I would write a lot, call a lot, and especially make sure from now on that they have received all the correspondance (mail with return signature for ex)...that every level taken is consistent and directed in the same direction...avoid contradictions, for ex, when you call them from Argentina, then they agree to get in touch with you, make sure they have the necessary info where they can easily get you informed...this is for me a contradictory situation...and would avoid it totally...because the effect might be again confusing for them: if they call home and somebody else than you answers with inappropriate stuff, they might get more suspicious...(remember, they are very sensitive to that) and all this is not now in your benefits...that means, make sure, you answer them directly, not somebody else in your place, or at least, prevent them somebody else would answer for you...Anyway...good luck!

CR-1, VT- Canada

I-130:

25 Aug 06 - Sent I-130 (a Friday)

28 Aug 06 - NOA1 & Certif. receipt returned ( a Monday) Day 1

29 Aug 06 - USCIS cashes check

30 Aug 06 - check cleared & 1ST TOUCH.

01 Sept 06 - NOA1 recvd by Mail

09 Sept 06 - 2ND TOUCH (a Saturday)

09 Mai 07 - NOA2 (2 e-mails)

Note: were told the long delay due to huge backlog and internal changes in VT

NVC :

04-June-07 - NVC generates DS-3032 & AOS bill

12-June-07 - AOS Bill payment sent/ alien receives DS-3032 form (by mail, dated 4th June)

13-June-07 - Alien sends back completed DS-3032 (by mail)/ rcvd 19th of June approx.

To mid July-07 - I-864 form sent completed and IV fee bill

19-July-07 NVC rcv I-864 form; mail signature rcvd.

22-Aug-07 Ds-230 with documents sent to NVC.

20-Sep - 07 Alien sends NVC Missing document. NVC receives it the 25th.

05-Oct - 07 NVC completed.

16-Jan - 08 Interview, 3 questions asked, visa approved same day, received 1week later approx.

Note: delay due to internal delay, missing document (not rfe) and self procrastination of understanding some abstract terms. C Post not at all reliable (delivery duration, delivery with signature (did not deliver personnaly), and delivery of interview letter rcvd after the interview).

In USA:

01-03-08 POE Entry in USA

...-03-08 2 Welcome in America letters and green card received.

"What I know is that I know nothing"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.