웃

The [inverse] correlation between religiosity and well-being among U.S. states.

19 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Isle of Man
Timeline

Huh? A 5 year old today is smarter than the Islamic Golden Age scientists and engineers?

Not just smarter but INFINITELY smarter. You couldn't have the game show "Are you smarter than a 5th grader?" It would have to be changed to "Are you smarter than a 5 year old?" And the scientist would be humiliated and embarrassed on every show.

Game Show Host: Is the earth flat?

Golden Age Scientist: Well, yes, I believe if I took a flotation device on that large blue thing, I forget the name, and went far enough...Well surely I'd fall off the edge.

5 year old: Lmao! You can't be serious. First off the large blue thing you are referring to is called an ocean. And the world is not flat, you dummy!

More questions:

1) What is H2O?

GAS: HUH? What are you talking about?

2) What is Carbon Dioxide?

GAS: What?

3) What is a dinosaur?

GAS: Speak Arabic please I have no idea what you are talking about!

4) How old is the earth?

GAS: According to my calculations 4,000 to 10,000 years old but probably closer to 4,000.

5) What is a germ?

The list could go on and on for miles...A team of our world's top 5 year old's would be able to school the top GASes for years. Could you imagine a team of the top 5 year old's from the year 3000 CE coming to share their infinite wisdom and insight today? I would pay anything to listen to their infinite wisdom!!!!

Could a 5 year old have designed and built this?

MOSQUE_CATHEDRAL_TRANSEPT_02.jpg

They could design something similar using computer programs, pictures, drawings, paintings, etc. They could design it with ease but would not know how to build it...

Lots of scientists and otherwise rational people believe in God.

It is extremely rare when you go to the top 1%. But the Occupiers of science (bottom 40%), sure, a little less than half of them believe in God.

Edited by ☠

India, gun buyback and steamroll.

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Not just smarter but INFINITELY smarter. You couldn't have the game show "Are you smarter than a 5th grader?" It would have to be changed to "Are you smarter than a 5 year old?" And the scientist would be humiliated and embarrassed on every show.

You are infinitely clueless as to how advanced their scientific knowledge was.

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Isle of Man
Timeline

You are infinitely clueless as to how advanced their scientific knowledge was.

They can't be that impressive. Your average person could not name 1 Islamic Scientist from that era. They will never come up on any top 10 list ever (whereas Newton will probably remain at #1 for 1000s of years to come). And if you compile a list of these brilliant scientists you'll be lucky to find 40 names.

If I traveled to the year 1000 and wanted to advance science a good 500 years I would immediately have the top 20 Islamic Scientists disappear and have them replaced by a team of today's top 5 year olds. I couldn't imagine how fast science and math would modernize. It would truly be a miracle if this could happen!

Edited by ☠

India, gun buyback and steamroll.

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

They can't be that impressive. Your average person could not name 1 Islamic Scientist from that era. They will never come up on any top 10 list ever (whereas Newton will probably remain at #1 for 1000s of years to come). And if you compile a list of these brilliant scientists you'll be lucky to find 40 names.

The words alkali, alcohol, algebra - all derived from Arabic.

Algebra, geometry, trigonometry, astronomy would be nowhere today without the Arabs.

The positional (decimal) number system we use today was introduced in the West by Arab mathematicians. If it wasn't for them, we'd still be using Roman numerals.

II + II = IV

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg