no one 2

Interview question for London Embassy

4 posts in this topic

Hi All,

Have a quick question for anyone who has had an interview in London for K-1 visa. Has anyone had them look at the I-134 sponsorship information or pay slips very closley there? I have heard they do not look at that very hard there and consider it as something dealt with at the AOS stage. I just wonder because we do not have a sponsor and my (USC) income from my 2011 tax return isn't enough but my income this year will be enough. This is causing some stress and want to know if anyone has had any issues with it.

Thanks in advance.

Be sure to visit the UK forum. There's an awesome pinned thread that includes details on the interview experience, what's needed, what isn't needed, and more: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/350185-london-2012-k1s-from-noa2-to-interview-thread/

Part One: The K-1 Visa Journey:

USCIS Receipt of I-129F: January 24, 2012 | Petition Approval: June 15, 2012 (No RFEs)
Interview: October 24, 2012 - Review | Visa Delivered: October 31, 2012

Part Two: Entry and Adjusting Status:

POE: November 18, 2012 (at SFO) - Review
Wedding: December 1, 2012 | Social Security: New cards received on December 7, 2012.
AOS Package (I-485/I-765/I-131) NOA1: February 19, 2013 | Biometrics Appt.: March 18, 2013
AP/EAD Approved: April 29, 2013 | Card Received: May 6, 2013 | AOS Interview Appt.: May 16, 2013 - Approved Review Card Received: May 24, 2013

Part Three: Removal of Conditions:

Coming Soon...

"When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat." – George Carlin

Hi All,

Have a quick question for anyone who has had an interview in London for K-1 visa. Has anyone had them look at the I-134 sponsorship information or pay slips very closley there? I have heard they do not look at that very hard there and consider it as something dealt with at the AOS stage. I just wonder because we do not have a sponsor and my (USC) income from my 2011 tax return isn't enough but my income this year will be enough. This is causing some stress and want to know if anyone has had any issues with it.

Thanks in advance.

Yes, that is one of the main things they look at. But if you've got an adequate income, London won't discuss it at all. I have known people to be sent to find another sponsor. If your pay slips show enough, they don't hold you to last year's tax return income.

I think that people on VJ (and maybe elsewhere) are led to believe the rules of the I-864 apply to the I-134. Not really. There is nothing in the law that says anything more than the officer must believe you won't become a public charge in those few months before you get settled in, a greencard, and a job. People are approved on 100% of the poverty guidelines, with or without a tax return, or by using the immigrant's savings. So in that sense, maybe London goes with that flow while other consulates might make a huge deal of it and get out thier calculators.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Yes, that is one of the main things they look at. But if you've got an adequate income, London won't discuss it at all. I have known people to be sent to find another sponsor. If your pay slips show enough, they don't hold you to last year's tax return income.

I think that people on VJ (and maybe elsewhere) are led to believe the rules of the I-864 apply to the I-134. Not really. There is nothing in the law that says anything more than the officer must believe you won't become a public charge in those few months before you get settled in, a greencard, and a job. People are approved on 100% of the poverty guidelines, with or without a tax return, or by using the immigrant's savings. So in that sense, maybe London goes with that flow while other consulates might make a huge deal of it and get out thier calculators.

Thanks this was very helpful. :thumbs:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.