Chocnut

Visa Delivery

39 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I only have advice of what I did. My Fiancée is leaving for the USA one day after you. If they have not process the Passport and VISA I would call them every couple of hours. I called the Embassy directly. They wanted her date of birth and Case Number. Once the documents were given to the currier the embassy will give you the Curriers direct Number. I talked to the currier and they told me when the documents would be delivered. If you are in a bind, I think you can go to the Curriers office and pick up the Passport, Visa, and Brown envelope. Jean had her interview on March 27th. It took 9 business days to get the documents. If our calculations are the same, it looks like you will get your documents on the 18th. In closing, I was a little persistent but the US Embassy was very helpful.

Thank you :)That makes sense. :)

Thank you :)That makes sense. :)

hello! i was interviewed may 8th and i just called up the courier a few hours ago, they told me they already have my visa and passport and its going to be delivered to our province tomorrow soooooo which means your fiance's papers is prolly on its way too! call them up!

Edited by sparkygirl

Timeline

Also you will need to complete your CFO seminar. This will allow you to leave the country. Without the CFO certificate, stamp and sticker. You won't be able to leave. Good thing CFO is a one day process.

Average wait time to receive your passport w/ visa in hand is 5 - 10 business days.

I agree with everybody else never book your ticket until you have visa in hand. The reason why they tell you not to book your flight until you have completed the Visa process. That includes delivery of the Visa and passport. The consulate may approve your Visa Application but they may need to review the documents further before printing the actual visa. Then there is the delivery time from USEM to 2GO. Then 2GO need to process and deliver to the address.

As for rescheduling the flight, no one can give a definite day to re-schedule.

Personally speaking, I would re-schedule for next week Friday, Saturday or Sunday. Give some room just in case. Also to say your good byes, hug and kisses last Halo Halo drink etc....

Wally G! OMG! You're the same person who gave me the best step-by-step advice on what to do after getting Case Number. Super thank you! :) Glad to see your post here. Really really helpful info. :) Yeah, shouldn't have booked, but, oh well. Blame it on my poor attention to details: you mentioned 5-10 business days, too, on your excellent post and I overlooked that :P

Still win-win however things turn out. Like you said, I could use the time to say my goodbye. :)Thanks for replying :)

Oh, and thanks to you, I've done my CFO seminar.

Edited by Chocnut

Timeline

hello! i was interviewed may 8th and i just called up the courier a few hours ago, they told me they already have my visa and passport and its going to be delivered to our province tomorrow soooooo which means your fiance's papers is prolly on its way too! call them up!

Thank you :) Called them up a few hours ago, and mine's not with them yet :P Might be different for everyone. I'm in between hoping and accepting :) Regardless... we're getting married still! Weee!!!

Congratulations too :)

Thank you :) Called them up a few hours ago, and mine's not with them yet :P Might be different for everyone. I'm in between hoping and accepting :) Regardless... we're getting married still! Weee!!!

Congratulations too :)

oh that sucks! i called them up at like 5:30 because i was told by 2go to call after 4pm because the embassy forwards them the new batch of visas at 4pm every day. that's okay im sure you will get yours soon! God Bless!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

use your UID number when you track your visa,sisters :) I called up 2go and they told me its not there yet, but i tried my UID and it shows "in transit" :) if your UID starts with 0, take it out, for it will appear invalid.

July 09 2011- form I-129f sent by mail.

July 12 2001-received by the USCIS Dallas,got an email,forwarded to Vermont service center.

July 15 2011- NOA1 received. (I-797C)

July 20 2011- touched

March 16 2012- NOA2 Approved.(no RFE,crazy huh?)

March 21 2012- NOA2 (Hardcopy)

March 21 2012- Case# assigned. petition forwarded to US EMBASSY MANILA

April 2 2012- eligibility letter received.

April 17 2012-Medical appointment-PASSED!

April 27 2012- Interview PASSED!

MAY 10 2012- VISA ISSUED

MAY 26- POE-(DTW) (to ORF)

June 10 2012- WEDDING! :)

July 24 2012- AOS sent

August 1 2012 - NOA1 received by text

August 4 2012 - biometrics appointment letter received

August 9,2012 -Biometrics done!

September 27,2012-EAD & AP approved!

December 11,2012 -AOS interview date

December 21, 2012 -Greencard received!

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

So, what is a "safe" estimate on the time it would take to fix a visa if there were an issue? Stupid idea, but I'm thinking about buying our tickets with about 3 weeks buffer from visa delivery to our departure. IF someone were to take a gamble...what is reasonable?

So, what is a "safe" estimate on the time it would take to fix a visa if there were an issue? Stupid idea, but I'm thinking about buying our tickets with about 3 weeks buffer from visa delivery to our departure. IF someone were to take a gamble...what is reasonable?

It's not reasonable. That's why nobody would advise it. It is only reasonable to wait until visa is in hand to schedule such an expensive flight. This whole journey is filled with anticipation, but why take such a risk especially if you are planning a flight weeks after the interview? Best just to wait for delivery, and then, schedule a flight for 3 weeks later if that is the plan.

Our K-1 and AOS Journey

05/12-05/22/10-met my sweetheart and family(had lots of fun!)
12/13-12/26/11-met again for engagement/Christmas
04/10/12-I-129F petition sent
04/13/12-USPS delivery confirmation
04/18/12-NOA1 text/email
04/21/12-NOA1(receipt 04/17/12)
10/10/12-NOA2 text
10/15/12-NOA2 letter received
10/27/12-NVC letter received
11/28/12-Medical Exam-PASSED
12/07/12-K-1 Interview-APPROVED

02/12/13-POE-Atlanta
03/04/13-Wedding
03/27/13-AOS,EAD,AP delivered
04/03/13-NOAs text/email
04/08/13-NOAs received
04/26/13-Biometrics appointment(walk-in done 04/17)

06/03/13-EAD card production/AP post decision approval

06/10/13-EAD/AP combo card received

04/04/14-AOS card production/decision

04/11/14-NOA2 welcome to the USA

04/12/14-Received GC

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Whether or not it's reasonable wasn't the question, it's what would be a typical timeline for fixing a visa if there was an error.

I'm 9 months into it, and when you get to that stage (I hope it's not that long for you), you start to think about shortening the time to departure. No, it's not a "reasonable" approach, that's why I said "gamble". What I haven't done is update my timeline, which would show we had our interview mid April, and we had one open item we are trying to close...and once you fall out of that defined process, the "no-man's-land" starts to get to you.

I think I answered my own question; just like anything else in this process, there is no standard, no rule of thumb. So...wait it is.

Whether or not it's reasonable wasn't the question, it's what would be a typical timeline for fixing a visa if there was an error.

I'm 9 months into it, and when you get to that stage (I hope it's not that long for you), you start to think about shortening the time to departure. No, it's not a "reasonable" approach, that's why I said "gamble". What I haven't done is update my timeline, which would show we had our interview mid April, and we had one open item we are trying to close...and once you fall out of that defined process, the "no-man's-land" starts to get to you.

I think I answered my own question; just like anything else in this process, there is no standard, no rule of thumb. So...wait it is.

Ah, okay. I thought I was answering your second question:

IF someone were to take a gamble...what is reasonable?
Sorry for my misunderstanding. Yes, I hope I don't have any more problems as well. I am no stranger to waiting and delays. I already had to delay the petition filing because it took us 8 months to get a correction done on my fiancee's birth certificate. Sorry for your wait. Good luck! Edited by ToddnJessa

Our K-1 and AOS Journey

05/12-05/22/10-met my sweetheart and family(had lots of fun!)
12/13-12/26/11-met again for engagement/Christmas
04/10/12-I-129F petition sent
04/13/12-USPS delivery confirmation
04/18/12-NOA1 text/email
04/21/12-NOA1(receipt 04/17/12)
10/10/12-NOA2 text
10/15/12-NOA2 letter received
10/27/12-NVC letter received
11/28/12-Medical Exam-PASSED
12/07/12-K-1 Interview-APPROVED

02/12/13-POE-Atlanta
03/04/13-Wedding
03/27/13-AOS,EAD,AP delivered
04/03/13-NOAs text/email
04/08/13-NOAs received
04/26/13-Biometrics appointment(walk-in done 04/17)

06/03/13-EAD card production/AP post decision approval

06/10/13-EAD/AP combo card received

04/04/14-AOS card production/decision

04/11/14-NOA2 welcome to the USA

04/12/14-Received GC

Hello im newbie here po. Na interview po ako nung may 10, 2012 at na approved naman po sa bi nung officer hintayin kong maideliver nang carrier via 2go nila ang visa ko pero 9days na po ngayon wala pa rin nadedeliver na visa? mga ilan days po ba bago nila i print at ideliver yung visa and passport? salamat po sana matulungan nio po ako. :)

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi!

Paki tawagan mo ang main office ng 2GO 02-8540856 regarding sa visa mo. Tatanunging ka kung saan branch mo sinabi dapat padala at kung anong date ka nainterview.

Regards.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

hi!

Paki tawagan mo ang main office ng 2GO 02-8540856 regarding sa visa mo. Tatanunging ka kung saan branch mo sinabi dapat padala at kung anong date ka nainterview.

Regards.

THANKYOU po sa reply. tumawag na po ako wala pa daw po sa knila yung visa ko. baka nasa us embassy pa rin po :(

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.