Love and light

Interview in a week and a half

10 posts in this topic

Dear everyone!

After a long 3 years wait to be able to visit and be with my boyfriend we are finally coming to the stage where the interview will take place.

however the last few months we ahve experineced some problems in our realtionship. unexplainable, dont know why.

we sincerely love eacheother.

and we have shared the most wonderful love ever, but i think we will have little evidence on relationship from the last few months due to the problems we have met.

there has been less communictaion, etc.

we really dont know what to do as the interview is so soon....

we have waited a year since filing and i can not go to the us as a tourist even though i am from a visa waiver country.

because three years ago, when we met and feel in love, i extended my visit to the usa and went to canada to stay for a bit to be able to enter back after a few weeks to be with my love, but canada didnt let me in and sent me back to america leaving me with one day overstay.

due to this i can t use the visa waiver,

and we filed for the k1 visa to be able to be together with the intention of getting married, to share time together and love !

so , now again , we are not sure what to do due to the problems we have been facing teh last few months.......

we dont want to create unnecssary trouble,

we are inbetween, should we cancel the interview due to our problems the last few months or go ahead! we are insecure! because we dont wanna miss this chance after all the hard work as well as mopney spent etc,

and the problems came to us partly and muchly because we had to wait so long for the visa a be apart for so long......my us fiance started drinking and getting depressed and taking drugs, stopped to belive we were meant to be toghether since the process took so long.. however now we are here, ready to go.....after the problems, long distance and wait. ps,. he visited me severla times, but last time we saw eachother was in september ..a while ago...

so what to do? and say?

if we dont go ahead with this, we know that it will be even harder to be together at all and to obtain a tourist visa could be hard after the K1 visa and a denied entry to to the one day overtsya three yeras ago.

so a difficlut situation.

anyone has similar experiences?

we wanna be truthful, but also do the right actions.

THANKFUL FOR ANY SHARED EXPERINECES AND ADVICE!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

If you still love each other go to the interview …. September 2011 is not such a long time to be apart /I haven’t seen my fiancé since Christmas/. Provide correspondence pictures etc and see what will happen and do not forget the Letter of intent from him with closer date. Good luck :thumbs:

21/03/2012 - sent 129F to Dallas Lockbox
25/03/2012 - I129F recieved
26/03/2012 - NOA1
24/09/2012 - NOA2 text message
02/10/2012 - NVC left case sent to Bulgaria ;o)
15/10/2012 - Packet 3 recieved
27/10/2012 - Medical exam
29/10/2012 - Interview - APPROVED
25/11/2012 - POE Miami
01/02/2013 - married

AOS
02/01/2013 - AOS sent
02/12/2013 - NOA1 text and email
02/16/2013 - recieved biometrics appointment letter
02/26/2013 - biometrics appointment

08/29/2013 - received notice of potential interview waiver case

10/23/2013 - Interview approved ;o)

11/01/2013 - green card received

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

First of all relax and have some faith in your relationship.

You have already invested so much time why would you cancel now because of problems? Unless you now have doubts you should proceed. But only you two know that.

You have already presented some evidence up front. Just take what you have going forward like previous poster said. Just more of the same just current. It's not like you have to show everyday, minute and hour you communicated. Real couples argue, fight have disagreements. They get that.

I too haven't been with my husband since September.

Just be prepared for explaining the overstay honestly and I am sure it will be okay and you ywo will be together to get m*rried and live happily.

P.S. - you are also dealing with an easier embassy so its not like you have to bring all kinds of evidence. So rest and go to interview. We await the good report.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Timeline

First of all relax and have some faith in your relationship.

You have already invested so much time why would you cancel now because of problems? Unless you now have doubts you should proceed. But only you two know that.

You have already presented some evidence up front. Just take what you have going forward like previous poster said. Just more of the same just current. It's not like you have to show everyday, minute and hour you communicated. Real couples argue, fight have disagreements. They get that.

I too haven't been with my husband since September.

Just be prepared for explaining the overstay honestly and I am sure it will be okay and you ywo will be together to get m*rried and live happily.

P.S. - you are also dealing with an easier embassy(you are in Canada right. You don't have your country of beneficiary showing but you mentioned Canada) so its not like you have to bring all kinds of evidence. So rest and go to interview. We await the good report.

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

ROC I-751

N-400

Timeline

From what you have written you are more committed to the relationship than your boyfriend. If he is drinking and using drugs he is not the man you met and fell in love with. There may be more issues that you don't know about. A man that has started drinking and drugs is dealing with inner demons that may not stay inside under the stresses of living with a stranger. ( love does overcome all stresses of merging lives together ) You two need to have a deep long talk , before you move to the USA . You will be leaving so much behind. If his I love you's are more from habit than feeling you should stay put and pick up the pieces in a place you are familar with.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Timeline

From what you have written you are more committed to the relationship than your boyfriend. If he is drinking and using drugs he is not the man you met and fell in love with. There may be more issues that you don't know about. A man that has started drinking and drugs is dealing with inner demons that may not stay inside under the stresses of living with a stranger. ( love does overcome all stresses of merging lives together ) You two need to have a deep long talk , before you move to the USA . You will be leaving so much behind. If his I love you's are more from habit than feeling you should stay put and pick up the pieces in a place you are familar with.

You are so right. Please listen to NigeriaorBust. Wise words. Sorry was so busy answering the other part of your question and gleaned over a big red flag. You must address this now rather than later.

I also found it odd you are going the K1 Visa route yet you refer to him as boyfriend and found that odd. Have you guys selected a wedding date and maybe that's why he is depressed?

Well dear do talk and find out what is at the route of all this.

ROC I-751

N-400

Bring what you can to the interview for "evidence of ongoing relationship". Chances are they won't even look at all of it. At the least have some pictures and some form of communication. People sometimes bring a stack load of evidence, and the CO looks at 3 or 4 things and some photos. It's good to be prepared like this, but as long as you have something to show for, I don't see why it would be a problem. I think it helps if you already provided some of these thing with your petition as well. It's not uncommon for people to feel this stress when so far away. It is not uncommon to get depressed about either. I am not sure why people get so depressed when they are nearing the end of the wait though. That baffles me. However, I think the best thing for your boyfriend would be to seek therapy if his depression is driving him to substance abuse. Who knows? He might just have a diagnosis of some form of depression. It isn't healthy to ignore such things, and it isn't going to go away with drug and alcohol abuse. For that concern, I would address it with a psychologist/psychiatrist. As far as any overstays and previous visas go, if it was documented, be honest about it. Is your overstay documented, then, it will more than likely come up at the interview. Explain the situation openly and honestly. If it comes up, there is no way around this. The alternative would be to lie and be denied on accusations of fraud.

Edited by ToddnJessa

Our K-1 and AOS Journey

05/12-05/22/10-met my sweetheart and family(had lots of fun!)
12/13-12/26/11-met again for engagement/Christmas
04/10/12-I-129F petition sent
04/13/12-USPS delivery confirmation
04/18/12-NOA1 text/email
04/21/12-NOA1(receipt 04/17/12)
10/10/12-NOA2 text
10/15/12-NOA2 letter received
10/27/12-NVC letter received
11/28/12-Medical Exam-PASSED
12/07/12-K-1 Interview-APPROVED

02/12/13-POE-Atlanta
03/04/13-Wedding
03/27/13-AOS,EAD,AP delivered
04/03/13-NOAs text/email
04/08/13-NOAs received
04/26/13-Biometrics appointment(walk-in done 04/17)

06/03/13-EAD card production/AP post decision approval

06/10/13-EAD/AP combo card received

04/04/14-AOS card production/decision

04/11/14-NOA2 welcome to the USA

04/12/14-Received GC

:wow:

Yes, there may ups and downs in a relationship, especially a long-distance one, but when drugs and alcohol are involved, it's really unfair for you to say to the OP to "grow a pair."

OP, at which embassy will you be interviewing? Also, have you talked with your fiancé recently about how he's feeling about the relationship? The worst thing you want to do is go through with the interview, get the visa and arrive in the U.S. to someone who a) doesn't want to go forth with marriage or b) makes your life miserable. There are plenty of examples of those stories on VJ, so please do talk about your concerns and worries with your fiancé. Also, there are plenty of low-cost or even free drug/alcohol groups that he should look into before he lands himself in any trouble. If he's depressed, taking substances will not help the situation and may make things worse. Good luck to you.

:thumbs: :thumbs: People come here for advice. They don't come to be judged and insulted by people with superiority complexes trolling around with nothing better to provide.

Our K-1 and AOS Journey

05/12-05/22/10-met my sweetheart and family(had lots of fun!)
12/13-12/26/11-met again for engagement/Christmas
04/10/12-I-129F petition sent
04/13/12-USPS delivery confirmation
04/18/12-NOA1 text/email
04/21/12-NOA1(receipt 04/17/12)
10/10/12-NOA2 text
10/15/12-NOA2 letter received
10/27/12-NVC letter received
11/28/12-Medical Exam-PASSED
12/07/12-K-1 Interview-APPROVED

02/12/13-POE-Atlanta
03/04/13-Wedding
03/27/13-AOS,EAD,AP delivered
04/03/13-NOAs text/email
04/08/13-NOAs received
04/26/13-Biometrics appointment(walk-in done 04/17)

06/03/13-EAD card production/AP post decision approval

06/10/13-EAD/AP combo card received

04/04/14-AOS card production/decision

04/11/14-NOA2 welcome to the USA

04/12/14-Received GC

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

one post removed for vj tos violation and one quoting that post. post quoting returned below minus the quote.

:wow:

Yes, there may ups and downs in a relationship, especially a long-distance one, but when drugs and alcohol are involved, it's really unfair for you to say to the OP to "grow a pair."

OP, at which embassy will you be interviewing? Also, have you talked with your fiancé recently about how he's feeling about the relationship? The worst thing you want to do is go through with the interview, get the visa and arrive in the U.S. to someone who a) doesn't want to go forth with marriage or b) makes your life miserable. There are plenty of examples of those stories on VJ, so please do talk about your concerns and worries with your fiancé. Also, there are plenty of low-cost or even free drug/alcohol groups that he should look into before he lands himself in any trouble. If he's depressed, taking substances will not help the situation and may make things worse. Good luck to you.

one member will be unable to participate further in this thread.

Edited by charles!

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Thank you all for the replies! Really appreciate that! bless you all! good to know there are so many nice people out there!

yes, its been such a long wait and so much can happen on the way in a long distance relationship when rules has to be taken in consideration in love..i guess its not ideal for everyone.....

thanks for all the encouragement and support!

wish you all the best!

blessings~

'

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.