A_& T_

two weeks in the philippines

22 posts in this topic

I always wondered what occupation people have that allow them to stay that long ? Teacher, Retired, Wealthy, Service Member, ? I am thinking it's a two edged sword. You have to be somewhat ok funds wise to travel and stay, but it's hard to go for long periods when you work.

At least that was my problem.

I am a contractor in Afghanistan and I am able to stay for a long period of time. I stayed 29 days in September and loved every minute of it. Yes I overstayed my visa, but all I had to do was pay 3100peso at the airport before I was able to leave. Don't worry about getting extension bc you will just pay the same. But be sure to schedule a appointment for the "Legal Capicity of Marriage" at the US embassy.

I am a contractor in Afghanistan and I am able to stay for a long period of time. I stayed 29 days in September and loved every minute of it. Yes I overstayed my visa, but all I had to do was pay 3100peso at the airport before I was able to leave. Don't worry about getting extension bc you will just pay the same. But be sure to schedule a appointment for the "Legal Capicity of Marriage" at the US embassy.

I am already married and she is here so it is not an issue. I think I need a job change. Anyone ever looked at their life and thought ? I could make a lot less money and be a lot happier ?

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am already married and she is here so it is not an issue. I think I need a job change. Anyone ever looked at their life and thought ? I could make a lot less money and be a lot happier ?

Every morning.....:wacko:

Yep, keep thinking about my wife saying come to the Philippines and I'll support you. But I need to live on dried fish and rice :rofl:

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

If you plan to marry, start working on it the day you arrive !

07-24-2009 Received NOA1
08-05-2009 Touched
10-02-2009 I-797C for Biometrics Appt
10-26-2009 Biometrics Appt. Completed
05-11-2010 Request for Evidence on both the I129F and I130
07-01-2010 Case Transferred to Vermont Service Center
10-20-2011 Contacted Ombudsman
02-07-2012 Case denied after almost 3 years =(
03-07-2012 Appeal Filed!
01-20-2013 Contacted Ombudsman again...

06-25-2013 EOIR Appeal Review

Visit my blog at http://goo.gl/ON4wG/

atckcgod5n.png

we got married within 2 1/2 days, but that took a lot of planning before hand. If you were willing to put it off a couple months farther, you could do most everything from right in the USA, then get the legal capacity to marry there in the Philippines, and make arrangements at City Hall and marry before 3 days have passed. And after a certain age you dont need the counselling... Not sure how old you both are.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.