A_& T_

two weeks in the philippines

22 posts in this topic

hello again VJ

im here to ask you again guys...my fiance and I were getting married this coming July and i have to stay 2 weeks beyond the require visitors requirement to marry her...i have heard there will be payment at the airport? what is this mean,..how much is the payment and also documents they will ask....i would appreciate your respond..thank you

iahv9liyt17.png

TIMELINE
12-28-2010 - Met
07-17-2012 - Married
CR1
09-07-2012 - I-130 sent
11-06-2012 - I-130 approved
02-20-2013 - Interview date
02-22-2013 - Visa received
02-26-2013 - US entry
03-27-2013 - Received two years conditional green card
ROC
12-13-2014 -Sent packet via UPS
12-17-2014 - NOA received w/ one year extension
01-07-2015 - Biometric appointment
05-18-2015 - I-751 approved
05-22-2015 - Received 10 years green card

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

A visitors Passport is good for 21 days. Key word is Passport. I believe you will need to extend the stay with the Manila Cousulate and a fee. Otherwise you will have Overstayed. In addition: If the intent is Marry there is additional 13 day wait period after filing to marry. Be very carefule. You are extending a Passport and not a Visa.

I hope my information is correct. There are members that know better than me and what the fees are.

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY
3/27/2007....We first met on myspace
1/30/10 ......My Honey proposed
8/15/10 ......He visit Philippines(2wks) & met my family
12/17/10 ....USCIS received the Filed I-129F for K1-visa
12/21/10 ....Received hard copy,NOA1
5/25/11.......Received RFE
6/09/11.......NOA2 approved
12/07/11.....Visa fee paid at BPI

6/11/13.......2nd visa fee payment
7/10-11/13.. Medical Exam completed@St.Lukes Clinic
1/15-16/14.. 2nd Medical exam updated
1/21/14...... k1 interview-Visa Approved
8/29/14...... Submitted AOS application
10/03/14.....Biometrics
01/07/15.....Received my EAD card

01/31/15..... I got my SSN from the mail

04/20/15......AOS Interview - Approved :star:

4/24/15 .......Got the Driving Permit Card

4/30/15 .......Green Card Received :) (Exp.4/20/17)

http://youtu.be/BVf45EcdFwQ

hello again VJ

im here to ask you again guys...my fiance and I were getting married this coming July and i have to stay 2 weeks beyond the require visitors requirement to marry her...i have heard there will be payment at the airport? what is this mean,..how much is the payment and also documents they will ask....i would appreciate your respond..thank you

Hi, you should stay at least a month...you also need to go to the US Embassy Manila to get your capacity to marry, that is very important in the local civil registrar..the processing to get all the requirements to marry in the Philippines is not that easy, you should have the seminar done and the seminar is 10 days counting before you get the marriage certificate and you should stay for another 10 days more as per advice by the local civil registrar in which city you have to apply for. We did the same way, so my husband stayed here 28 days.

Jazel & Paul Stickel

January 2009 : met online via Filipino dating and singles site (Filipino Cupid);

chatting No E-mails.

February 2009 : arrived for first meeting in-person! We become friend.

September 2009 : arrived for second meeting in-person

February 2011 : Arrived for third meeting Engaged!!!

June 2011 : Propose to marry in 2012!!!

February 2,2012 : arrived forth meeting in person

February 3, 2012 : got the capacity to marry from the US Embassy Manila

February 14, 2012: Wedding ceremony at Municipality of Cainta, Rizal Philippines

February 16, 2012: signing the contract of marriage

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Manila, Philippines

Marriage (if applicable): 2012-02-16

I-130 Sent : 2012-05-07

I-130 NOA1 : 2012-05-14

Paper works that you need legal capacity to get married you can get this in the US embassy. Parents consent / parents advice if your fiance is 24 years old and below. Divorce decree if applicable, CENOMAR and birth certificate for your fiance. if you need to extend your stay here all you have to do is go to the nearest bureu of immigration to extend your stay you will pay 3k++++ pesos. Then apply for marriage license..... Hope this help

Dec 2 we get the legal capacity to get married the we apply for the marriage license that afternoon... Then dec 15 we got the licence then dec 18 got married

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Marriage (if applicable): 2011-12-18

I-130 Sent : 2012-03-23

I-130 NOA1 : 2012-03-27

I-130 RFE : No RFE

I-130 RFE Sent : Thank you lord

I-130 Approved : 2012-06-29. ---- APPROVED in 94 days!!!!!!!! Thank you so much jesus.....

National Visa Center

Date Package Received By NVC : 2012-07-09

-- Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2012-07-31

-- Pay I-864 Bill : 2012-08-03

-- Receive I-864 Package : 2012-08-02

-- Return I-864 Package : 2012-08-17

-- Return Completed DS-3032 : 2012-08-02

-- Receive IV Bill : 2012-08-02

-- Pay IV Bill : 2012-08-03

-- Receive Instruction Package : 2012-09-15

-- Case Completed at NVC : 2012-08-27

Date Package Left From NVC : xxxx-xx-xx

Consulate Processing

Date Received By Consulate : xxxx-xx-xx

Advance medical : 2012-08-22 ( Passed )

Date Rec Appointment Letter (Pkt 4) : 2012-09-15

Interview Date (IR-1/CR-1 Visa): 2012-10-18

Interview Result : APPROVED!!!!!!! thank you lord....

Paper works that you need legal capacity to get married you can get this in the US embassy. Parents consent / parents advice if your fiance is 24 years old and below. Divorce decree if applicable, CENOMAR and birth certificate for your fiance. if you need to extend your stay here all you have to do is go to the nearest bureu of immigration to extend your stay you will pay 3k++++ pesos. Then apply for marriage license..... Hope this help

Dec 2 we get the legal capacity to get married the we apply for the marriage license that afternoon... Then dec 15 we got the licence then dec 18 got married

iahv9liyt17.png

TIMELINE
12-28-2010 - Met
07-17-2012 - Married
CR1
09-07-2012 - I-130 sent
02-26-2013 - US entry
ROC

thanks for the information,...i went in municipality in cavite and i asked the required days to wait until the marriage license done...they said it will takes 10 consecutive days counted saturday and sundays,......i also asked the seminar and they said it takes only one day?.is this the same you have been?...we plan to have civil wedding..14 days of stay will be possible?

....:unsure:

iahv9liyt17.png

TIMELINE
12-28-2010 - Met
07-17-2012 - Married
CR1
09-07-2012 - I-130 sent
02-26-2013 - US entry
ROC

thanks for the information,...i went in municipality in cavite and i asked the required days to wait until the marriage license done...they said it will takes 10 consecutive days counted saturday and sundays,......i also asked the seminar and they said it takes only one day?.is this the same you have been?...we plan to have civil wedding..14 days of stay will be possible?

Yes seminar only takes 1 day actually i got my marriage license dec. 12 but they just give it to me to make sure that everything is correct then i send it back to them then after after few days they gave it to me and they said to bring it on the wedding day. It is possible that you can have it done in 14 days but we are here talking for legal ways.... You know philippines there is always " padulas " so that you can have things done but i wont suggest that to you we need everything done in legal way US embassy is aware of this and we dont want them to question you when you are about to be petiton....

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Marriage (if applicable): 2011-12-18

I-130 Sent : 2012-03-23

I-130 NOA1 : 2012-03-27

I-130 RFE : No RFE

I-130 RFE Sent : Thank you lord

I-130 Approved : 2012-06-29. ---- APPROVED in 94 days!!!!!!!! Thank you so much jesus.....

National Visa Center

Date Package Received By NVC : 2012-07-09

-- Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2012-07-31

-- Pay I-864 Bill : 2012-08-03

-- Receive I-864 Package : 2012-08-02

-- Return I-864 Package : 2012-08-17

-- Return Completed DS-3032 : 2012-08-02

-- Receive IV Bill : 2012-08-02

-- Pay IV Bill : 2012-08-03

-- Receive Instruction Package : 2012-09-15

-- Case Completed at NVC : 2012-08-27

Date Package Left From NVC : xxxx-xx-xx

Consulate Processing

Date Received By Consulate : xxxx-xx-xx

Advance medical : 2012-08-22 ( Passed )

Date Rec Appointment Letter (Pkt 4) : 2012-09-15

Interview Date (IR-1/CR-1 Visa): 2012-10-18

Interview Result : APPROVED!!!!!!! thank you lord....

• 3 weeks later...

hello again VJ

Go to the US Embassy web site in Manila and make an appointment to obtain a "Affidavit in Lieu of Certificate of legal capacity to marry". Make your appointment at least a day after your arrival in the Philippines. Make sure you have your Passport, copy of divorce decree from all previous marriages. The affidavit is free, but you have to pay for the notarial service by the Embassy, which is $50. Next obtain your Marriage License from the Civil Registrar but prior to this, obtain the necessary documents for you and your fiancee to get married. This includes a "Marriage Seminar", which lasts a whole day. The seminar place would give you and your fiancee a certificate to show that you have successfully attended the seminar. You'd take this certificate to the Marriage License application window at the municipal hall where your girlfriend is residing. It would take 10 days from the date of filing for the marriage license before the license is issued. Your names together with others would be published on the registrar's bulletin board to allow anyone who's against the wedding to submit their objection. On the 10th day, get your license from the registrar's window and take this to the Justice Hall to get a civil wedding. It may not be possible to get married within 7 days of getting your license as the court would have you scheduled first. After your wedding, your Marriage Certificate is issued within two weeks of the wedding. The official copy from the National Statistics Office takes about three to six months to process. Meanwhile you could use the Certificate issued to you to file for your wife's petition, but you would need the official copy from the NSO Philippines when your wife goes to the interview at the Manila US Embassy.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

A visitors Passport is good for 21 days. Key word is Passport. I believe you will need to extend the stay with the Manila Cousulate and a fee. Otherwise you will have Overstayed. In addition: If the intent is Marry there is additional 13 day wait period after filing to marry. Be very carefule. You are extending a Passport and not a Visa.

I hope my information is correct. There are members that know better than me and what the fees are.

:no: Vistors are given a 21 day visa if they are from certain countries... Philippines does not issue a passport to someone from another country

http://dfa.gov.ph/main/index.php/list-of-countries-for-21-day-visa. Stays longer than the 21 days requires another visa that you can acquire at the Bureau of Immigrations on Magallanes Dr., I was there for two months so I stopped by and got an extended visa; http://dfa.gov.ph/main/index.php/guidelines-requirements

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

If you are going to be in the Phils longer than the 21 days, stop by the Bureau of Immigrations on Magallenes Dr., cost is Php 3120 for the extended visa. Takes a hour or two and stopping at three windows but fairly painless. http://dfa.gov.ph/main/index.php/guidelines-requirements

Edited by Hank_Amy

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Legal Capacity to marry "walk through".

Make appt and read following http://manila.usembassy.gov/marriage.html Need to bring Passport, any divorce or death cert. Docs and a pen. I took first available appt. time as I wanted to avoid backup that might occur thru the day. Go to the embassy gate close to the footbridge that goes over the main road there. DO NOT GET IN THE LONG LINE... go to a guard and show appointment printout and I think passport and follow directions. There's like 2 or 3 checkpoints to go thru but you should be passed thru all of them and into the building where you receive a # then proceed to the second floor. It took me 15 min to wait for my # to be called. Go to window then they send you to cashier then fill out form then back to window, then wait to be called 2nd time. Take oath and your done. Pretty painless.

My fiance attended the family planning seminar the week before I got there. We applied for marriage the day after I got the LEG. CAP. to Marry which started the 10 day wait. We had a church wedding so I cant advise the civil side of things.

Good luck to you both!!!!! :dance:

I was able to get everything done in two weeks, but it was a rush and we had no problems. Flew into Manila one afternoon,got Legal Capacity to Marry the next morning, flew to Mindanao that afternoon. We applied for Marriage license and had the seminar the same day.

Had big party the week I left and got married in the courthouse my last day in Mindanao and flew back to Manila to catch my flight home the next morning.

I was in the Philippines a little over two weeks, but only two weeks at my wife's hometown allowing for travel time back and forth to Manila.

It can be done, but it can be a little stressfull!

Edited by Dogwood_Poet

Ako gugma ko GWAPA asawa Kathlene!

(I love my BEAUTIFUL wife Kathlene!)

_________

"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing."

George Bernard Shaw

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

As for staying there, you still have enough time, through Philippines Consulate in the US, you can get an extended visa even before you go. You can apply for a 60 day Visa without a problem.

Or as was noted, once you're there, go to the Bureau of Immigration near Intramuros. I had to do that as I was staying a month. You fill in your form, turn in your passport along with a photocopy of it (they can make that there for a fee) and then you have to come back a few hours later to pick up your passport, which will now have a small piece of paper attached clearing you.

Note that when you fill in your form, you just put down how many more days you are requesting. Not sure what the maximum is, I just added two weeks because it was all I need.

Here's the website listing the requirements and instructions if you want to file for a visa before your trip:

http://www.philippineembassy-usa.org/philippines-dc/consular-services-dc/faq-dc/#nonimmigrant

Many people have noted that you don't even need to go to the Bureau of Immigration, if you overstay, you will simply pay that fee when you leave the country. But I would worry that could have ramifications for later.

Easy enough to go to Immigration and just extend your 21 day visa.

thanks for the great info....hopefully we will finish for two weeks because i had roundtrip tickets already from SF-Manila :thumbs:.my Fiance is from Cavite

iahv9liyt17.png

TIMELINE
12-28-2010 - Met
07-17-2012 - Married
CR1
09-07-2012 - I-130 sent
02-26-2013 - US entry
ROC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.