Mark and Melyn

Can We Schedule the Interview without the NVC Letter?

32 posts in this topic

:wow: I "salute" your "intelligence". vomi.gif

Do you need a cup of (bold) coffee to help you wake up? (or) Maybe a :bonk: is more effective.

You forget how VJ's helped you. 1 example = My husband and other VJ's told you how to "hand carry" St. Lukes file to the embassy.

You gained much advice from VJ and now you pretend it was all you. vomi.gif

:hehe: Unfair! :hehe: ....Sweetheart...you distracted me with soup so you could post 1st. You're tricky :hehe: ...I like it!:thumbs:

Then after scheduling Interview at Embassy, schedule St. Luke's (online is best), even if you are late in line, you still get an early number. (can't tell you how much time this saves in the morning when you first get there. we were back in line about 50 or so and Gretchen still got a number around 12 because of the per-registration.) Please keep in mind the requirements of St. Luke's when scheduling the medical. Please keep in mind the MEDICAL is the basis for the six month date on the Visa, not the interview itself. St. Lukes line starts at steps and goes south. (the line on the ramp is for returns/callbacks/etc on who have early times on 2nd day.) (there is a great cafe right across the street behind the photoshops.)

just a little note. you do not schedule St.Lukes. it is done on a walk-in basis. you got it right later in your post. preregistering online can save you time when you are at St. lukes.

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

have your MNL number, pay the BPI fee, then schedule online. Base 2 weeks from date they got hte case at NVC. (typically it mails in 2 to 3 days after NVC receives it. (one week to get to Embassy, and one week to process at the Embassy.) the instructions on how to schedule are good on Wally's post. (I found sending money to fiance via xoom and selecting BPI helps a lot.)

Then after scheduling Interview at Embassy, schedule St. Luke's (online is best), even if you are late in line, you still get an early number. (can't tell you how much time this saves in the morning when you first get there. we were back in line about 50 or so and Gretchen still got a number around 12 because of the per-registration.) Please keep in mind the requirements of St. Luke's when scheduling the medical. Please keep in mind the MEDICAL is the basis for the six month date on the Visa, not the interview itself. St. Lukes line starts at steps and goes south. (the line on the ramp is for returns/callbacks/etc on who have early times on 2nd day.) (there is a great cafe right across the street behind the photoshops.)

On the embassy interview, the day of the interview, stay near the road, do not go back to the Manila Bay wall. (this will save you time. When you line up, you will line up on the sidewalk near the southern entrance. K-1 visa is normally the line next to the grass of the 3 lines. the Tab folder works great. We used the tab binder last September as well as photobooks (you can get from Target or a photoshop or online. this was mainly because we were leaving the photos behind at her parents house.)

this process will go fast. congrats on getting this far. For embassy interview, you can read my review or other posts. We did it all in 4 days (st. Luke's, Embassy, CFO). But I do not recommend it for everyone. *I took a risk because I knew what I was doing and had the ability to adjust. Fortunately, it paid off. Keep the faith. it will all work out.

Not so when we went to the embassy, they had the K-1 in the row next to the wall.

*~ or just got lucky. :rofl:

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Not so when we went to the embassy, they had the K-1 in the row next to the wall.

*~ or just got lucky. :rofl:

the guards may change it around, but I have found much of the time, staying near the road has been better.... Besides, have a "snotful" close up of "manila bay" right by the Embassy before going into the Embassy can leave your tummy churning for days.

K-1 Visa Timeline:

02/11/2011 - Engaged at her house by her Godmother.

02/18/2011 - Engagement party with relatives - propose in Visayan.

02/24/2011 - K-1 packet sent.

09/18/2011 - POE, Viva Las Vegas, Baby !!!!! Home to Phoenix.

12/10/2011 - Official Wedding

07/05/2012 - Princess Rose born.

07/07/2012 - AP/EAD received.

07/17/2012 - AOS passed. (Birthday for Mama Rayos)

event.png

event.png

event.png

Timeline

:wow: I "salute" your "intelligence". vomi.gif

Do you need a cup of (bold) coffee to help you wake up? (or) Maybe a :bonk: is more effective.

You forget how VJ's helped you. 1 example = My husband and other VJ's told you how to "hand carry" St. Lukes file to the embassy.

You gained much advice from VJ and now you pretend it was all you. vomi.gif

Hmm, let's think on this one.... I did a lot of research on here I found many more detailed descriptions elsewhere at the time then on VisaJourney. Most, but not all VJ's were against me on what I was doing. They thought I was in the "loony bin". (some think I am still in the loony bin for using the I-864EZ for AOS, but I won't go there.) Some were on my side. I based the whole plan without much input from VJ, based on another girl who was going through the same K-1 visa process from the village 6 weeks ahead of us. Plus her Chemistry teacher and his wife came to USA in mid-July from daughter sponsoring them. Her cousin left the village for the USA on Aug 9, she interviewed around July 29. Gretchen interviewed Sept 5, then Gretchen left on Sept 18.

Yes, I went to be with her. I promised when we were engaged to be there with her and I also took her parents as well. Gretchen has never flown on a plane nor her parents. I wanted to know how Gretchen did on a short flight so I could know how she would do on a long flight. Nor were they familiar with an airport. Gretchen's mom was going to check her purse into baggage with their id's and money in it.

Yes, I threw a fit over not being to go into St. Luke's, but I got over it. The problem with the fit if you remember is I actually had a letter in writing from St. Luke's saying I could go in. Then was denied entry when I was there.

yes, I did have a guy quit just after I scheduled everything, and paid for everything. I was mad, but my manager and I made arrangements. I could have made changes to later on in the year, but my manager was willing to let me go since applications teams had also made arrangements for no releases during my vacation. It was a very, very hectic time. But it worked out. I was prepared to have to reschedule everything, or send them alone.

I even took a great risk because we did not have NBI yet for the embassy. We got the 2nd full NBI at the last minute. Her first NBI had been used for her passport. Also, I had Gretchen get some shots before she got here to the USA, including BCG and Hep vaccinations. We were working to take preventative measures.

the other thing to know is her village went through 3 floods right after we got here. The first flood actually flooded her parents home, something they say hasn't happened since it was built. think of how I would have been had I needed to reschedule everything and watch Gretchen go through the village flooding when she could have been to the USA. I feel for her parents and family, trying to help, but Gretchen is my wife now.

Sept 17, the last night we spent in the Philippines was THE hardest night. She cried most of the night. Sept 16 was the last night she spent sleeping at her parent's home. Sept 17 we stayed at the village until evening, then we went to the hotel, so we could be close to the airport and not miss our flight. Sept 18 we left for the USA after seeing the family for one last time at the airport.

The worst part was my initial filing. It was all messed up. I sent in the forms, and right documentation, but not proper enough for them. I had the example forms on here. The problems was the packet order was not right. Also printing photos on a 8.5x11 sheet with descriptions on it also helps. Plus having copies notarized. My I-129F was nigh to one of the last ones approved for February filers. They were already approving March and some April at the time. Of course, I did ask for help before filing. but after getting such lousy help on filing, I haven't paid much attention to the "majority" around here. I read and make my own decisions.

K-1 Visa Timeline:

event.png

event.png

event.png

Timeline

:blink: How many times have you been there? :blink:

I have been constantly talking to people before I was there and since I have been there. Many agree staying near the road is much better. But then again, you never know what the guards will decide to do.

K-1 Visa Timeline:

event.png

event.png

event.png

Of course, I did ask for help before filing. but after getting such lousy help on filing, I haven't paid much attention to the "majority" around here. I read and make my own decisions.

I think your ego is more of a problem, than the lousy help you say you received on VJ. I think it was more of the rush to submit the I-129f as the reason for any of the mistakes with the initial filing. Once, I remember you stating that it was a fact that when a beneficiary is under 21, the parents MUST attend the interview. I told you not true. provide a source. another said they will not even let the parents in the Embassy. so let's see, which was right, the advise on received on VJ or your research? the list can go on and on....

I should be fair and allow you a chance for rebuttal. so exactly what was all the lousy help YOU received before filing? I was a little bored again, so did a little research. let's see. joined VJ on Feb. 21,2011. filed I-129f on Feb 24, 2011. doesn't seem like much time for all the lousy help. to quote from your story...

As soon as I got back, I filed the paperwork. I had already filled out all of the paperwork before leaving, and had taken everything with me. She only had to sign her portion of the paperwork while we were there.

the floor is your's Darren... I expect it will be silent.

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

I should be fair and allow you a chance for rebuttal. so exactly what was all the lousy help YOU received before filing? I was a little bored again, so did a little research. let's see. joined VJ on Feb. 21,2011. filed I-129f on Feb 24, 2011. doesn't seem like much time for all the lousy help. to quote from your story...

the floor is your's Darren... I expect it will be silent.

:thumbs:

Timeline

the guards may change it around, but I have found much of the time, staying near the road has been better.... Besides, have a "snotful" close up of "manila bay" right by the Embassy before going into the Embassy can leave your tummy churning for days.

I have found that if it smells... a couple feet at ain't going to fix the issue.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Jeez Darren! I asked for zero help from the VJ forums here (heck... I don't think I have started a topic yet), I DID however follow the guide for the K-1 and put the I-129F packet together per the examples given ... and had no issues.

There are some on here that don't give the best advice, all the time, heck I have pooched a few times with my "helpful hints" for sure... but I do make an effort to learn and not give that bad advice a 2nd time.... :blush:

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

I have been constantly talking to people before I was there and since I have been there. Many agree staying near the road is much better. But then again, you never know what the guards will decide to do.

... and therein is the problem, you can't listen and speak at the same time.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.