Dennis & Jean

CFO Orientation

38 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

If you go to the one on taft accross street from de la salle university, it peoples reform something or other. Then CFO office is not far, after orientation take a taxi to CFO, its on Pres Quirno blvd. not sure of the spelling lol. This is your best bet, they dont hassle you on the paperwork as much as the other place that offers the seminar.

Yeah they can be witches at SMEF-COW, PRISM tends to be a bit less of a hassle.

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

"Retreat hell! We just got here!"

CAPT. LLOYD WILLIAMS, USMC

Then the lady asked her Parents to produce their driver’s licenses.

hmm why they need her parents to produce driver's licenses? i'm sure that they are aware about the fact that it takes time to get driver's licenses nor student licenses when you're just new applicant.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
K1 TIMELINE
02-10-2012 - NOA1 (hard copy)
08-22-2012 - NOA2
08-26-2012 - NOA2 (hard copy)
09-06-2012 - Medical (first day)
09-07-2012 - Medical (second day) -
passed!
10-04-2012 - Interview Day - approved!
10-10-2012 - Visa received (3 working days)
10-11-2012 - CFO Seminar (got certificate and sticker one day)

AOS TIMELINE

01-04-2013 - got my SS Card

01-18-2013 - Filing Date

02-14-2013 - Bio Appointment

08-29-2013 - AOS Approved (no interview)

ROC TIMELINE

06-15-2015 - Filing Date

07-23-2015 - Bio Appointment

04-04-2016 - ROC Approved (no interview)

N400 TIMELINE

08-27-2016 - Filing Date

10-03-2016 - Bio Appointment

12-20-2016 - N400 Interview (approved)

12-28-2016 - Oath Taking

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hmm why they need her parents to produce driver's licenses? i'm sure that they are aware about the fact that it takes time to get driver's licenses nor student licenses when you're just new applicant.

Timeline

Yes, Jean and her parents were also shocked that the councilor asked for their driver’s license. From an outsider, apparently the woman was not following protocol. I did not realize that the CFO Orientation officer had such a wide range of power. I thought this was an orientation not a 50 question test.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Another example of how out of control those folks can be at the counseling sessions.

"The lady at the CFO Orientation asked her for my proof of support and proof of employment. Right when things seem to be over the Lady wanted to see my driver's license. Luckily we included the license in the document binder. Then she asked for a copy of my Passport. Then the lady asked her Parents to produce their driver's licenses."

Those females at SMEF-COW and PRISM really are drunk on power and high on bureaucratic-crack!

:thumbs: :thumbs:

Even with Amy they tried to put the fear of god into her that life here in the states is terrible and be ready.... jeez!

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I gotta say it, those ladies doing the counseling -- SUCK! I think sometimes they have a hard-on for Filipinas leaving the country, mixed with a bit of contempt for America.

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

"Retreat hell! We just got here!"

CAPT. LLOYD WILLIAMS, USMC

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I didn't have any BS at all when I had my CFO. Just get bored and wasted time on their outdated seminar. Paid something that served no purpose. Hehehe

Lifting Condition (I-751)

09/09/2011 - Sent the package to CSC

09/13/2011 - CSC received the package

09/15/2011 - CSC cashed check and NOA1 Received

09/26/2011 - Biometrics Appointment Notice Date (Sent)

10/13/2011 - Early Biometrics

10/19/2011 - Biometrics Appointment

10/26/2011 - GC expiration

11/25/2011 - Received RFE

11/28/2011 - Sent response to RFE

01/13/2012 - Ordered card production (Approved)

01/19/2012 - 10 yrs GC received

Yes, Jean and her parents were also shocked that the councilor asked for their driver’s license. From an outsider, apparently the woman was not following protocol. I did not realize that the CFO Orientation officer had such a wide range of power. I thought this was an orientation not a 50 question test.

Lots of BS .. well people like that deserve someone who cannot tolerate what they are doing .. but if you are .. just say always "yes" to everything they want you to do .. they will take advantage of that.. driver's license take 3 months the last time i asked about it since i have my .. student license.. i hope when it's my turn to do CFO they don't give me BS like this.. it's either they are jealous or just they are having fun seeing people getting frustrated.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
K1 TIMELINE
02-10-2012 - NOA1 (hard copy)
08-22-2012 - NOA2
08-26-2012 - NOA2 (hard copy)
09-06-2012 - Medical (first day)
09-07-2012 - Medical (second day) -
passed!
10-04-2012 - Interview Day - approved!
10-10-2012 - Visa received (3 working days)
10-11-2012 - CFO Seminar (got certificate and sticker one day)

AOS TIMELINE

01-04-2013 - got my SS Card

01-18-2013 - Filing Date

02-14-2013 - Bio Appointment

08-29-2013 - AOS Approved (no interview)

ROC TIMELINE

06-15-2015 - Filing Date

07-23-2015 - Bio Appointment

04-04-2016 - ROC Approved (no interview)

N400 TIMELINE

08-27-2016 - Filing Date

10-03-2016 - Bio Appointment

12-20-2016 - N400 Interview (approved)

12-28-2016 - Oath Taking

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

still want to know which CFO.... This sounds a lot like stories I have heard of PRISM. 2 days, and multipe forms. Once you came back with all those documents, they just wanted to find a way to put more hassle in. Glad your fiancee's Mom was there. that really helped. You can push a Filipina so far....then watch out.

K-1 Visa Timeline:

02/11/2011 - Engaged at her house by her Godmother.

02/18/2011 - Engagement party with relatives - propose in Visayan.

02/24/2011 - K-1 packet sent.

09/18/2011 - POE, Viva Las Vegas, Baby !!!!! Home to Phoenix.

12/10/2011 - Official Wedding

07/05/2012 - Princess Rose born.

07/07/2012 - AP/EAD received.

07/17/2012 - AOS passed. (Birthday for Mama Rayos)

event.png

event.png

event.png

What CFO did you go to?

^^^ I'm wondering the same thing.

I'm also wondering if there were any red flags on their case.

Chinook completed her CFO seminar at PRISM and had no problems with them.

Based upon the reports I've read here on VJ, it seems that PRISM is the best place to complete the CFO seminar. St. Mary's would be the second choice. The CFO seminar in Cebu seems to be the one to avoid.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

still want to know which CFO.... This sounds a lot like stories I have heard of PRISM. 2 days, and multipe forms. Once you came back with all those documents, they just wanted to find a way to put more hassle in. Glad your fiancee's Mom was there. that really helped. You can push a Filipina so far....then watch out.

Here I was thinking it sounded a lot like St. Mary's.... go figure.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Damm #######??? I was talking to my fiancee last night as she was at her local City hall yesterday to get the "Concent to Marry" form signed. The attorney or Notary needed to sign the doc wasn't there and would be the next day. I told her to get that form signed and have her mom hand write one and have him sign that as well(Just in case something happens and mom can't be there). I also told her to tell her mother to plan on attending the CFO with her as this seems to be the best option. We are going to do do the medical and the CFO the day after, just in case they %^%$ with us before the interview.. I will include my ^%&*)%$ water bill just to make sure they have everything..

I have friends who are married and live in the Philippines and their wives have traveled to the STates to visit on a tourist visa and they have told my fiancee about this &^#$%@ up class and how its a bunch of BS. So last night she got a little hot after I informed her of a few issues people are having and she said her and her mother will make sure there are no issues and will give them a ear full. I had to tell her to be polite and sweet and give everything they want until they ask my underwear color and then free rain to unleash the filipina fury..

But seriously, I know my "bride to be" is young and maybe a little extra questioning isnt out of the question, but when the parents are there and all the required doc's are there and they are going to have the attitude that they know more then the girl's parents?? BS

27 January 2012: Mailed I-129F

03 February 2012: NOA1( e-mail & Text)

03 February 2012: Check Cashed

NO RFE'S

22 June 2012 : NOA2 (e-mail & Text)

16 July 2012: Manila Case Number(by phone)

17 July 2012: Interview paid at BPI

19 July 2012: Set interview for Mid-Aug

23-24 July 2012: Medical St. Lukes(passed)

24 July 2012: CFO Seminar(had to go next morning for landline #)- PASSED

02 Aug 2012: Received e-mail from USEM our case is there.

15 Aug 2012: Interview at USEM - APPROVED

13 SEP 2012: POE Minneapolis, MN

27 OCT 2012: Married

19 NOV 2012: AOS package sent

05 DEC 2012: NOA's I-765, I-131, I-485

14 DEC 2012: Biometrics appointment finished(Walk-in..Was scheduled Jan 04 2013)

02 FEB 2013: I-131 and I-765 Approved

07 FEB 2013: USPS Picked up the combo-card

11 FEB 2013: Received Combo-card

21 FEB 2013: Transit Visa picked up in Chicago for Japan

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Damm #######??? I was talking to my fiancee last night as she was at her local City hall yesterday to get the "Concent to Marry" form signed. The attorney or Notary needed to sign the doc wasn't there and would be the next day. I told her to get that form signed and have her mom hand write one and have him sign that as well(Just in case something happens and mom can't be there). I also told her to tell her mother to plan on attending the CFO with her as this seems to be the best option. We are going to do do the medical and the CFO the day after, just in case they %^%$ with us before the interview.. I will include my ^%&*)%$ water bill just to make sure they have everything..

I have friends who are married and live in the Philippines and their wives have traveled to the STates to visit on a tourist visa and they have told my fiancee about this &^#$%@ up class and how its a bunch of BS. So last night she got a little hot after I informed her of a few issues people are having and she said her and her mother will make sure there are no issues and will give them a ear full. I had to tell her to be polite and sweet and give everything they want until they ask my underwear color and then free rain to unleash the filipina fury..

But seriously, I know my "bride to be" is young and maybe a little extra questioning isnt out of the question, but when the parents are there and all the required doc's are there and they are going to have the attitude that they know more then the girl's parents?? BS

QC Hall have notary public without BS, when I was in college I went there to have my documents notarized and I only pay 10 pesos as I am a student back then..... Hehehe.

Lifting Condition (I-751)

09/09/2011 - Sent the package to CSC

09/13/2011 - CSC received the package

09/15/2011 - CSC cashed check and NOA1 Received

09/26/2011 - Biometrics Appointment Notice Date (Sent)

10/13/2011 - Early Biometrics

10/19/2011 - Biometrics Appointment

10/26/2011 - GC expiration

11/25/2011 - Received RFE

11/28/2011 - Sent response to RFE

01/13/2012 - Ordered card production (Approved)

01/19/2012 - 10 yrs GC received

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Here I was thinking it sounded a lot like St. Mary's.... go figure.

I read a lot of stories both on here, and on other Filipina websites complaining about PRISM over the years. At times, Prism is good, but then goes back to being "crazy" again.

This was post which helped me st.marys vs prism

Another post which helped me as well: cfo manila

I don't know why the mood has changed recently on here.... When I first came to the site everyone was saying to avoid PRISM like the plague. Now it seems everyone is raving about it.... I just wnat to know what they put in the water when people were there????

K-1 Visa Timeline:

02/11/2011 - Engaged at her house by her Godmother.

02/18/2011 - Engagement party with relatives - propose in Visayan.

02/24/2011 - K-1 packet sent.

09/18/2011 - POE, Viva Las Vegas, Baby !!!!! Home to Phoenix.

12/10/2011 - Official Wedding

07/05/2012 - Princess Rose born.

07/07/2012 - AP/EAD received.

07/17/2012 - AOS passed. (Birthday for Mama Rayos)

event.png

event.png

event.png

Timeline

^^^ I'm wondering the same thing.

I'm also wondering if there were any red flags on their case.

Chinook completed her CFO seminar at PRISM and had no problems with them.

Based upon the reports I've read here on VJ, it seems that PRISM is the best place to complete the CFO seminar. St. Mary's would be the second choice. The CFO seminar in Cebu seems to be the one to avoid.

Where did you get your informtion on the Cebu CFO being the one to avoid? My fiancee is 25 years od and the Cebu CFO is the closest for her unless she does the seminar in Manila while she is getting her medical exam done. Anyway if she goes to the one in Cebu, her mother will go with her. I don't think she needs any parents consent or advice since she is 25 years old.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.