Vuorilla

I moved to a new address

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi,

I sent an I129F application in April which was returned to me because of a silly mistake that I made with payment. Now, I need to send my application back with the correct amount on the check. But problem is that I moved in a new apartment on May 1st, so now the address on my I129F form does not reflect where I currently live anymore. I called the USCIS to ask them what to do. I asked whether I could strike out my old address and put in my new address over it, but they told me that it is unlawful to alter a legal document (i.e. the I129F form). They also said that I should always be truthful in my application (I should write the correct address). But they did not offer me any alternative or any idea on how to change my address.

Can I write a separate letter explaining that I moved to a new address? Or should I attach a new I129F form in the package (keeping the old form in the package). I am new in the city where I currently live, so I am moving around quite a bit. My contract where I work will end in September (probably before my fiancée gets her visa), so I will move out again, to a different city (I don't know where yet). Do you think I should explain my situation in a separate letter?

Thank you again for your help!

Edited by Vuorilla

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Hi,

I sent an I129F application in April which was returned to me because of a silly mistake that I made with payment. Now, I need to send my application back with the correct amount on the check. But problem is that I moved in a new apartment on May 1st, so now the address on my I129F form does not reflect where I currently live anymore. I called the USCIS to ask them what to do. I asked whether I could strike out my old address and put in my new address over it, but they told me that it is unlawful to alter a legal document (i.e. the I129F form). They also said that I should always be truthful in my application (I should write the correct address). But they did not offer me any alternative or any idea on how to change my address.

Can I write a separate letter explaining that I moved to a new address? Or should I attach a new I129F form in the package (keeping the old form in the package). I am new in the city where I currently live, so I am moving around quite a bit. My contract where I work will end in September (probably before my fiancée gets her visa), so I will move out again, to a different city (I don't know where yet). Do you think I should explain my situation in a separate letter?

Thank you again for your help!

See if this USCIS change of address web page provides you with some viable options.

Good luck on your visa journey.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

USCIS returned your petition because they didn't accept it - you got everything back. For all practical purposes it's like your petition never existed. Just discard old forms, fill out the new ones with your current address, check and re-check everything a few more times (including the check amount), and resubmit.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

USCIS returned your petition because they didn't accept it - you got everything back. For all practical purposes it's like your petition never existed. Just discard old forms, fill out the new ones with your current address, check and re-check everything a few more times (including the check amount), and resubmit.

It may or may not be that simple, :blink: please refer to OPs prior recent thread for details....

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/366925-application-sent-to-the-wrong-address/page__st__15.

Perhaps a VJ forum veteran can respond with their opinion... :help:

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: Timeline

I guess I can fill out an AR-11 form (Alien change of address card), it seems like US citizens can also fill out that form if they have a pending case for a beneficiary. I will enclose an explanatory letter and hopefully it should be fine.

My I129F with my old address is still truthful. It was signed in April, and at that time I was actually living there. So I hope that won't cause a problem.

FanTa: I don't think it's like the application never existed. They stamped some kind of serial numbers on each of the sheets in my application. And when I check online the status of my application and it says:

"We determined that this I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E) was not properly filed because you submitted an incorrect fee. Therefore, we have rejected your case and returned it to you, including all supporting materials and the incorrect fee. Please review the instructions on the rejection notice you received prior to re-submitting your case."

So I'm in the system! It makes me happy, (I thought my application had been lost in the mail).

But now, I am confused because I just moved in a new city, I am starting my career and switching jobs on a regular basis, so my life is a little bit unstable right now as far as my address and place of work.

I hope that my problems and questions will eventually not only help me but others as well who are in the same situation! I will update on my case in the future.

I guess I can fill out an AR-11 form (Alien change of address card), it seems like US citizens can also fill out that form if they have a pending case for a beneficiary. I will enclose an explanatory letter and hopefully it should be fine.

My I129F with my old address is still truthful. It was signed in April, and at that time I was actually living there. So I hope that won't cause a problem.

FanTa: I don't think it's like the application never existed. They stamped some kind of serial numbers on each of the sheets in my application. And when I check online the status of my application and it says:

"We determined that this I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E) was not properly filed because you submitted an incorrect fee. Therefore, we have rejected your case and returned it to you, including all supporting materials and the incorrect fee. Please review the instructions on the rejection notice you received prior to re-submitting your case."

So I'm in the system! It makes me happy, (I thought my application had been lost in the mail).

But now, I am confused because I just moved in a new city, I am starting my career and switching jobs on a regular basis, so my life is a little bit unstable right now as far as my address and place of work.

I hope that my problems and questions will eventually not only help me but others as well who are in the same situation! I will update on my case in the future.

You may not need to fill out the AR-11 if you are the USC. You can change your address online here: https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=coa . Judging from what you stated about your petition being in the "system". I would resubmit the original I-129F and complete the online change of address. If you have filled out your change of address with USPS, it should be forwarded as well.

Our K-1 and AOS Journey

05/12-05/22/10-met my sweetheart and family(had lots of fun!)
12/13-12/26/11-met again for engagement/Christmas
04/10/12-I-129F petition sent
04/13/12-USPS delivery confirmation
04/18/12-NOA1 text/email
04/21/12-NOA1(receipt 04/17/12)
10/10/12-NOA2 text
10/15/12-NOA2 letter received
10/27/12-NVC letter received
11/28/12-Medical Exam-PASSED
12/07/12-K-1 Interview-APPROVED

02/12/13-POE-Atlanta
03/04/13-Wedding
03/27/13-AOS,EAD,AP delivered
04/03/13-NOAs text/email
04/08/13-NOAs received
04/26/13-Biometrics appointment(walk-in done 04/17)

06/03/13-EAD card production/AP post decision approval

06/10/13-EAD/AP combo card received

04/04/14-AOS card production/decision

04/11/14-NOA2 welcome to the USA

04/12/14-Received GC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.