memlaura

Canceling I130

13 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Where is the petition at ? If it is still stateside contact either USCIS or NVC and follow up with a written statement. If at the embasssy start with an email. And no you don't get your fees back. They have already started work on it.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Can anyone tell me if there is a way to cancel the I-130 process and if you can will they refund your fees or will they keep them. Thanks.

sorry no refunds.... I hope all is well..Good luck :star:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

if you did not receive noa1 or noa2 just do not reply to them and it will die on its own. or you can wright a letter and withdraw the package and that will kill it. if it is at the embassy just do not tell the person it is there and do not go forward with interview scheduled and other info. it dies on its own still. :whistle:

Summerville + Kryvyi Rih

age.png

age.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

if you did not receive noa1 or noa2 just do not reply to them and it will die on its own. or you can wright a letter and withdraw the package and that will kill it. if it is at the embassy just do not tell the person it is there and do not go forward with interview scheduled and other info. it dies on its own still. :whistle:

I wouldn't think it a good idea to just ignore it. What if in the future they petition someone else?? I personally wouldn't want one from the past ignored...but, that's just me. I would take the appropriate measures and contact who NigeriaOrBust said you should. Just my two cents. :whistle: :whistle:

Edited by Ben and Jill

Men are like stars ~ there are a million of them, but only ONE can make your dreams come true. I found my STAR...

event.png

~K E N Y A~

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Can anyone tell me if there is a way to cancel the I-130 process and if you can will they refund your fees or will they keep them. Thanks.

doc at USCIS? Write a letter to USCIS.

docs at NVC? Write a letter to NVC

casefile at the IV Unit? Write a letter to the IV Unit.

re: refunding of fees - nope. If yer clever, you can figure out a way to write it off on yer tax return, perhaps on the schedule C?

you not really know about notification to the beneficiary, it sounds/reads like.

What's up?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Thanks everyone I appreciate the info. The fees dont really matter that was just a after thought. I just wasnt sure what to do to end the process and I know I wont be petitioning for anyone else in the future I think this is something you only do once unless you have family abroad. And it has to be for someone pretty special so I wish all of you the best in your journey...

event.png

event.png

Timeline

Thanks everyone I appreciate the info. The fees dont really matter that was just a after thought. I just wasnt sure what to do to end the process and I know I wont be petitioning for anyone else in the future I think this is something you only do once unless you have family abroad. And it has to be for someone pretty special so I wish all of you the best in your journey...

Whatever you decide, I pray that it is what's best for you and the 4 grands living with you. Good luck to you!

Timeline

Whatever you decide, I pray that it is what's best for you and the 4 grands living with you. Good luck to you!

Thanks it was a rough patch this distance is a killer I am sure you all know that I think we will be okay we talked all day Sunday and cleared alot up so I pray it will all be okay and he will still want to come. And the kids love him so much too so him not coming would be just another disappointment in their lives... Thanks for your prayers...

event.png

event.png

Timeline

Thanks it was a rough patch this distance is a killer I am sure you all know that I think we will be okay we talked all day Sunday and cleared alot up so I pray it will all be okay and he will still want to come. And the kids love him so much too so him not coming would be just another disappointment in their lives... Thanks for your prayers...

Welcome to the journey...HAHAHAHA ! You will have cultural misunderstandings, visa process misinterpretations, and just plain man vs. woman issues. If God brought you together then God will see you through. You're going to feel like you've just fought with 10 people. There will be days when you want to throw it all away and when understanding/love kicks in it will feel like clouds rolled away and have you questioning why in the hell did you bother fighting in the first place. IT'S ABSOLUTELY CRAZY!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Welcome to the journey...HAHAHAHA ! You will have cultural misunderstandings, visa process misinterpretations, and just plain man vs. woman issues. If God brought you together then God will see you through. You're going to feel like you've just fought with 10 people. There will be days when you want to throw it all away and when understanding/love kicks in it will feel like clouds rolled away and have you questioning why in the hell did you bother fighting in the first place. IT'S ABSOLUTELY CRAZY!!!

:thumbs::thumbs: I can second everything that Olomi said (whooo Lawd!). This can be a very rough road and with distance/cultural differences, etc. etc. blah blah blah it makes the road 5 times as hard. But at the end of the day, however you decide is a choice only you can make. Keep those communication lines open between you two, and my prayers out to you and your hubby. (F)

Toni

07/17/2008.......WEDDING DAY!!!!
USCIS STAGE (for me):
06/09/2010.......SENT I-130 TO USCIS
06/15/2010.......NOA1 & RECEIPT DATE (CSC)
11/03/2010.......NOA2 Email received-APPROVED!!-141 days

NVC STAGE (for him):
11/08/2010.......NVC Case # Assigned
11/19/2010.......DS-3032 received via email
07/02/2011.......IV (DS-230) Package mailed//NVC Received-7/5/2011
07/14/2011........CASE COMPLETE!!!
07/15/2011........SIF!!!

EMBASSY STAGE (for us):
8/23/2011.........Medical-Part 1
8/24/2011.........Medical-Part 2(Completed!)
9/12/2011.........INTERVIEW @ 10:00AM - APPROVED!! (IR-1 Visa)

POE: DECEMBER 3rd, Washington, D.C. (IAD)!!!

1/10/2012........Green Card in Hand!
02/07/2012........Rec'd. Social Security Card

Naturalization Journey:

09-27-2016................Mailed N-400

11-03-2016................Biometrics

Notified 2/13/2017........2-8-2017.....Case Is In Line For An Interview

3/23/2017 @ 9AM......Interview

4/13/2017...................OATH CEREMONY!!

Timeline

Thanks and it isnt easy but I do love him and we make each other crazy this time was just more than usual we are both very stubborn and laugh about that it is the one thing we agree upon... But I thank God we were able to work things out and get back on track. Cant wait til September when I can get there or somewhere to see him again.... But thanks for your support everyone.

event.png

event.png

Filed: Timeline

I'm glad to see a reconciliation.

I salute all you Ladies who are getting this done, it's hard work.

I am originally from the same city as my Fiance, we have the same culture, speak the same language, etc but this "wonderful" USCIS system has caused me to question my sanity at least twice since I started the process.

It's not for the faint of heart for sure. When we have our tiffs it harder because I can't readily hold her in my arms, kiss her and assure her.

Wishing you and all of us the best on this journey.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.