Laura and Ferlay

Traveling on the K-1 Visa

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

Helly Vjers,

I am currently in the midst of the whole process waiting patiently for my approved status. I am so grateful for this site..you guys truly rock! I think I put this in the right forum so if I didnt, I apologize.

My question- Once my fiance comes to the States using his K-1 visa, can he travel to other states. I am, and he would soon be, from Florida and I just purchased a getaway hotel in New York for us two( I couldnt help it, I paid 20 dollars for a two night stay in a 4-star hotel) in January '13. Now, my question is that would he be able to hop on a plane without issues or are we going to have to have a looooonggg drive? That would also be a question when planning places for our honeymoon. Do we have to stay in Florida..or can we venture to different states or even countries rather, if I am brave enough?

Thanks in advance,

Laura and Ferlay

ticker.png

event.png

The future Mrs. Desir

Timeline-

March 24,2012-not filed yet- collecting evidence

Service Center :Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Haiti

I-129F Sent : 2012-04-03

I-129F NOA1 : 2012-04-04

I-129F RFE(s) : none

RFE Reply(s) : none

I-129F NOA2 : 2012-09-06

NVC Received : 2012-09-12

NVC Left : 2012-09-17

Consulate Received : 9/18/2012

Packet 3 Received : 9/25/2012

Medical exam:10/1/2012

Packet 3 Sent : 10/3/12

Packet 4 Received : 10/15/12

Interview Date : 10/19/12

Interview Result :

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Yes you can travel states, just do not leave the USA until the green card is in hand.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Belarus
Timeline

Fly anyplace you want in the 50 states. We are all "United"( United States). And enjoy NYC. BTW. where did you score a $20 night stay in a four star hotel. ?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

Fly anyplace you want in the 50 states. We are all "United"( United States). And enjoy NYC. BTW. where did you score a $20 night stay in a four star hotel. ?

Thank you for your replies and so sorry for my late reply. I found the price on Bookit.com....it just happened to be a steal, and I couldnt get away from it. Im so excited, I am so ready for my future to come!!! Thank you again

ticker.png

event.png

The future Mrs. Desir

Timeline-

March 24,2012-not filed yet- collecting evidence

Service Center :Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Haiti

I-129F Sent : 2012-04-03

I-129F NOA1 : 2012-04-04

I-129F RFE(s) : none

RFE Reply(s) : none

I-129F NOA2 : 2012-09-06

NVC Received : 2012-09-12

NVC Left : 2012-09-17

Consulate Received : 9/18/2012

Packet 3 Received : 9/25/2012

Medical exam:10/1/2012

Packet 3 Sent : 10/3/12

Packet 4 Received : 10/15/12

Interview Date : 10/19/12

Interview Result :

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.