RositaL

Sponsoring my family

21 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi everyone,

I was wondering what the process is for me to get my parents and brother(unmarried over 25) a GC

I'm from Canada, Married a US born citizen. I just recieved my GC- do i have to wait until i get my US citizenship? or can my husband file for them?

Thanks for your help.. good luck with your journeys:)

02/25/2005 -sent I-129 to VSC

06/21/2005-INTERVIEW IN MONTREAL--APPROVED

07/18/2005- JUST MARRIED

07/20/2005- sent AP/AOS/EAD to chicago lock box

07/28/2005 received NOA's for AP, EAD and AOS with Notice date of 07/25/2005

08/30/2005- expediated ADVANCE PAROLE APPROVED through INFOPASS

11/01/2005- TEMPORARY EAD APPROVED

02/03/2006- AOS INTERVIEW IN NEWARK

02/21/2006 - biometrics appointment in Hackensack

05/25/2006- e-mail stating my "welcome" letter was mailed on May 19, 2006

06/15/2006-green card arrives with mistake - birthdate and last name

07/15/2006-sent green card back

08/24/2006-letter stating my 1-90 documents have been recieved

10/10/2006-replacement GREENCARD received

03/11/2008-Sent 1-751 to VSC

3/14/2008- cheque cashed

3/17/2008- NOA rec'd

4/17/2008- biometrics completed in Newark

2/17/2009- 1-751 APPROVED- should get new card in 60 days

03/03/2009- received 10-year greencard dated 2/23/2009

2/24/2009- N-400 sent to Texas Lockbox

2/25/2009- N-400 delivered to Texas Lockbox

03/04/2009- cheque cashed

03/09/2009- NOA received- Priority Date 2/26/2009 Notice Date 03/04/2009

04/07/2009- Biometrics completed

04/17/2009- recieved Interview letter

06/24/2009-Interview Scheduled in Newark

06/24/2009- Successful Interview and Oath ceremony- US Citizen

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

First look at the guides: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...e=guides#family

You need to be a citizen, which takes 3-5 years, then you can file a petition for realitive such as siblings. There are a limited number of visas. Look here to get an idea about how long it takes: https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/Proc...nter=California

Look at I-130 Petition for alien relative. Parent, and children under 21 take first priority, then unmarried son daughter over 21, then lastly married son, daughter, brother, sister. Currently they are processing brother/sister petitions filed back in 2001

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
Currently they are processing brother/sister petitions filed back in 2001

October 1995 for Canadians.

Needs a visa number first.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Timeline
Hi everyone,

I was wondering what the process is for me to get my parents and brother(unmarried over 25) a GC

I'm from Canada, Married a US born citizen. I just recieved my GC- do i have to wait until i get my US citizenship? or can my husband file for them?

Then it'll be grandma Josephine and grandpa Mark, followed by cousins Rita, Jay, Fernando, Lucca, Pete, Stephanie and Dave, with uncle Jedd, uncle Rob, aunt Fay and aunt Anne right behind them, etc.

Before your husband knows it, he'll have your whole family living in the backyard!

I just hope your husband knew he'd end up sponsoring your whole family beforehand.

Edited by dmartmar

Filed: IR-2 Country: Philippines
Timeline
Me too, I wanted to sponsor my Mom but the officer said it's best to wait and become a US citizen first.

Absolutely! :yes:

My Daugther's IR2 Visa Timeline

October 03 -2011- Sent the Application for I-130 Package

October 07 -Receieved USCIS acceptance of Application by e-mail

October 12 -Received Notice of Action by Mail

April 27, 2012 -Finally Petition is approved!

May 03, 2012 -Received NOA 2 in the mail

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

You must first become a USC then you can file for parents. It takes 3 years from recieving your GC for you to naturalize. Parents do not have to wait for a number but the process takes up to 12 months or longer in some cases. As GC holders your parents can then file for you brother which takes approx 5yrs. Or you could file for him on becoming a USC.

For detailed timeline - click on my name - then read our story

• 2 weeks later...

Then it'll be grandma Josephine and grandpa Mark, followed by cousins Rita, Jay, Fernando, Lucca, Pete, Stephanie and Dave, with uncle Jedd, uncle Rob, aunt Fay and aunt Anne right behind them, etc.

Before your husband knows it, he'll have your whole family living in the backyard!

I just hope your husband knew he'd end up sponsoring your whole family beforehand.

You must KNOW you act like a complete ####### on here!!!!!!

Why do you still linger ?

It is NONE of your business WHO she brings here and I am sure her husband is fully aware of plans THEY have made!!!!

Stop putting people down and grow up!!! and stop being so bloody bitter!!!!

Do you KNOW what it is like to be seperated from family??????? :angry:

Posted 129f to VERMONT 4th March 2004.

Recieved first NOAL 8th March 2004.

NOA2 dated 23rd April 2004.

Recieved packet 3, 13th May 2004.

Hoping for an August Interview!

Court hearing for permission to take children 2nd August!

Interview Date August 5th!

Got visas,Yessssssssssss!

Fly out the 16th August to be with my lovely John.

Married October 30th, 2004!

Posted off AOS , and AP on the 13th November 2004.

Now more waitng begins............................

NOAs for 1-485,>,AP recieved 25th Nov,2004 dated 19th Nov,2004.

Biometrics/fingerprints appointment made for 22 December 2004.

AP approved on the 5th Jan 2005.

EAD approved on the 7th Jan 2005.

recieved on the 13th Jan 2005.

AP recieved on the 14th Jan 2005.

Passed driving test on the 2nd Feb,2005!

AOS interview date July 2005!

AOS Approved!!!!

April 25th 2007 Vermont recieve paperwork for I-751

Refiled June 26th

Card ordered Dec 18th 2007

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I agree he says that all the time even on my last post. What business is it of his who comes here. He is not supporting them???????????/

You must KNOW you act like a complete ####### on here!!!!!!

Why do you still linger ?

It is NONE of your business WHO she brings here and I am sure her husband is fully aware of plans THEY have made!!!!

Stop putting people down and grow up!!! and stop being so bloody bitter!!!!

Do you KNOW what it is like to be seperated from family??????? :angry:

• 4 months later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
Hi everyone,

Dude, i'm a Canadian Citizen-- Grow up and read the question

02/25/2005 -sent I-129 to VSC

06/21/2005-INTERVIEW IN MONTREAL--APPROVED

07/18/2005- JUST MARRIED

07/20/2005- sent AP/AOS/EAD to chicago lock box

07/28/2005 received NOA's for AP, EAD and AOS with Notice date of 07/25/2005

08/30/2005- expediated ADVANCE PAROLE APPROVED through INFOPASS

11/01/2005- TEMPORARY EAD APPROVED

02/03/2006- AOS INTERVIEW IN NEWARK

02/21/2006 - biometrics appointment in Hackensack

05/25/2006- e-mail stating my "welcome" letter was mailed on May 19, 2006

06/15/2006-green card arrives with mistake - birthdate and last name

07/15/2006-sent green card back

08/24/2006-letter stating my 1-90 documents have been recieved

10/10/2006-replacement GREENCARD received

03/11/2008-Sent 1-751 to VSC

3/14/2008- cheque cashed

3/17/2008- NOA rec'd

4/17/2008- biometrics completed in Newark

2/17/2009- 1-751 APPROVED- should get new card in 60 days

03/03/2009- received 10-year greencard dated 2/23/2009

2/24/2009- N-400 sent to Texas Lockbox

2/25/2009- N-400 delivered to Texas Lockbox

03/04/2009- cheque cashed

03/09/2009- NOA received- Priority Date 2/26/2009 Notice Date 03/04/2009

04/07/2009- Biometrics completed

04/17/2009- recieved Interview letter

06/24/2009-Interview Scheduled in Newark

06/24/2009- Successful Interview and Oath ceremony- US Citizen

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your help.. good luck with your journeys:)

We share the same concern. I plan to do that also for my mom (a widow) and my big brother (single). I think they prioritize applications submitted by a US citizen. SO i figured I'll just have to wait till I get my citizenship.

English isn't my 1st language. If anyone is offended/annoyed because of the way I constructed my sentences/replies/comments/essay etc.., I do apologize. It's a personal opinion based on experiences, and should be taken with maturity and discretion. Written statements do not express emotions or feelings, it makes it more difficult to determine what is being conveyed. It is subjective to one's own interpretation. Read at your own risk. IGNORANT STINKY LOSERS USUALLY GET VERY VERY OFFENDED!!!

Hi everyone,

IT'S THE COUPLE'S CHOICE, WHETHER THEY WILL SPONSOR THE WHOLE CLAN OR NOT. TO BE QUITE FRANK WITH YOU---IT'S NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS SIR.

Besides, you don't know the couple, do you? I'm positive it will be their best of interest to sponsor the brother and the mom/dad, not yours.

In our culture we treat elderlies with love and respect, and we do not deprive them from enjoying their last golden days. .

English isn't my 1st language. If anyone is offended/annoyed because of the way I constructed my sentences/replies/comments/essay etc.., I do apologize. It's a personal opinion based on experiences, and should be taken with maturity and discretion. Written statements do not express emotions or feelings, it makes it more difficult to determine what is being conveyed. It is subjective to one's own interpretation. Read at your own risk. IGNORANT STINKY LOSERS USUALLY GET VERY VERY OFFENDED!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

1. Immigration Reform: Family-Based vs. Employment-Based?

Consider the following:

1. The President's new immigration plan which was leaked to the press recently, see

http://shusterman.com/toc-leg.html#6B

2. The Senate bill which was passed in 2006, see

http://shusterman.com/toc-leg.html#6D

3. The STRIVE Act which was introduced in the House of Representatives in March 2007, see

http://shusterman.com/toc-leg.html#6E

All of the above have one important thing in common, and it has nothing to do with amnesty, guest workers or increased levels of immigration enforcement.

All would change the way most people immigrate to the United States. For over 40 years, we have had a family-based system where citizens could apply for their spouses, parents, sons and daughters and brothers and sisters. Less than 10% of immigrants qualify through their jobs. Their employers are required to prove that they are not displacing U.S. workers.

Each of the proposals listed above would make employment-based immigration the main component of our laws. The Senate and House bills would greatly expand the employment-based system by lifting the yearly quota from 140,000 to 500,000 to 1,000,000.

At the same time, under the existing law, over 3.5 million relatives of U.S. citizens and permanent residents have been waiting for five to over 20 years to obtain green cards through their relatives.

The President's plan would go further than the Senate and House bills, and increase employment-based immigration at the expense of family-based immigration. No longer would U.S. citizens be able to apply for their siblings and adult sons and daughters to come to the U.S.

Supporters of the President's proposal like Senator Jeff Sessions (R- ALA) says that without dramatically increasing immigration based on employment, the U.S. will be at a competitive disadvantage worldwide. Critics like Angela Kelley of the National Immigration Forum, say that family-based immigration should remain the cornerstone of our system.

Almost everyone agrees that we will either have a new immigration law in place before August or the issue won't be debated again until 2009.

The question is: Can our immigration system increase the percentage of employment-based immigrants without leaving family-based immigrants out in the cold?

The Senate has set aside the last two weeks in May to discuss Comprehensive Immigration Reform.

We say, "Let the debate begin!"

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Timeline

I think the US should try out a points-based system; seems to work well for Canada and Australia...and they should target workers with skills that are necessary to the US economy. This will allow highly-qualified workers from around the world to come to the US to work. I would still favor a cap and quotas for this category, but I think it would make things easier for everyone.

I'm in favor of family-based immigration when it comes to spouses and minor children of both USCs and LPRs...I look less favorably on some of the other categories. I'm not prepared to actively push to ban those categories, but I won't be upset if they get rid of them either.

24 June 2007: Leaving day/flying to Dallas-Fort Worth

I think the US should try out a points-based system; seems to work well for Canada and Australia...and they should target workers with skills that are necessary to the US economy. This will allow highly-qualified workers from around the world to come to the US to work. I would still favor a cap and quotas for this category, but I think it would make things easier for everyone.

I'm in favor of family-based immigration when it comes to spouses and minor children of both USCs and LPRs...I look less favorably on some of the other categories. I'm not prepared to actively push to ban those categories, but I won't be upset if they get rid of them either.

I agree with your idea about point-based system. Surely mother dear is an extremely highly skilled individual. But the thing about the US immigration in Manila, is they're pretty strict when it comes to tourist visa. Dont quite get it. Even if the motives are true and genuine, still most tourist visas are usually denied in the Philippines. For some ungodly reason CO's don't run out of excuses rationalizing that ALL folks who come to see their sons and/or daughters arent coming back to their country of origin. Although there is a hint of truth there, a few others are still faithful doing it the legal way. So therefore the best way to come the United States is to utilize family-based immigration.

Edited by mavie_77

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.