Auris

"Easy" US embassy in Moscow

20 posts in this topic

• 3 months later...
Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline

I was reading your posts, and wondering if you can give me an advise.

Here is my experience with US Embassy, Moscow.

My name is Vadim.. I am a U.S. Citizen residing in West Palm Beach, Florida.

Born In USSR, and immigrated with my parents to USA in May, 1980.

I have been working for Major Airline since April of 1989 flying as a Purser to the International destinations around the World.

Was volunteer to fly our Troops to Kuwait during the Iraq invasion!

In October of 2007, I have met my wife Yulia in Moscow, Russia. It was a Love at the First Sight!

We start dating, and in December of 2009 Yulia have gotten a tourist Visa and visited me in Florida.

Our Romance was growing fast, and by adding Yulia as my Domestic Partner to the Airline Benefits, Yulia was able to accompany me while I was working to the destinations that did not require a Visa for a Russian Citizens (Brazil,  Israel, Ukraine,  Jordan, Turkey.)

Within 3 years,  Yulia visited me in US 22 (twenty two) times. While visiting , She never overstayed, broke any rules or regulations in US or any country!

On April 25/ 2011, we have got married in West Palm Beach, Florida, and being law obedient people, Yulia has returned to Moscow Russia while I collect all necessary paperwork and file from US.

On June 30/2011 I filed.

We were very Excited and Happy when on December 06/2011 we have got an approval!

At that time, Yulia was 3 month pregnant!

Finally,  an Interview date was scheduled for January 17/2012 in US Embassy, Moscow. All documents were submitted and Immigrant Visa Fee was paid, and a File # was assigned

We thought all went well!

We waited for a weeks, there was no respond from the Embassy, as Yulias pregnancy was at Risk, due to complications.

My email to ConsulMo@state.gov was answered with a standard "rubber  stamped" line:  As of this date, the case is still being reviewed by a consular officer. We have waited for months...No answer. Email reply would stay the same. I decided to contact Florida Congressman  Hastings office in March, 2012 asking for assistance . They were very helpful, but the email that Congressman office received was identical to the one above!

I had a Hospital chosen in West Palm Beach, Fl. Where I was hopping my wife would deliver our daughter.  

On April 24/2012 , while being 7.5 month pregnant, Yulia had 2nd interview.

There were no discussions about her immigration nor time frame of her approval for entry to US as my legal wife.

As a result of ignorance, and intimidation by my own government agency, Yulia have given a premature birth to our baby girl Bianca on May 9th , 2012.

Bianca spent over a month in a hospital, and then was released home in below satisfactory condition. Her weight was only 1.8 kilos (3.9 lbs), diagnosed with a heart problem at birth, and condition of my wife Yulia needs no comments....

Multiple emails to US Embassy, Moscow left unanswered!

In the middle of June/2012, I have applied and granted a US Citizenship to our daughter Bianca. (Copy of certificate included).

When I inquired in Person about the status of my wife application, I was told that only Email to ConsulMo@state.gov is my source! NO names, fax numbers or appointment  is available to me (as a US Citizen and a petitioner)!?!

I do not think that the intent of US Government is to separate loving family!

I grew up as a Jewish boy in the  Former USSR and dreamed about coming to America, where the Government is looking after their LAW OBEDIENT CITIZENS!!!!

Bianca is almost three month now! Gaining weight very slow... I am really worried about her health.

Please Help us to put s STOP to this Unfair Treatment!

I do not know why are we being punished for following the rules!

I Love My Country, and Believe in Justice!

I would like to take my wife and daughter home to Florida, where Bianca can see a Qualified Doctor.

As of today, my wife Yulia passport and all her original documents are still at the US Embassy, Moscow.

Thank You for your dedication to public service and for your attention to this case

West Palm Beach, Florida

This letter was Fed Ex to Numerous Offices including Mrs.Clinton, Senator Marco Rubio,US Ambassador in

Moscow....

No replies yet....

Any suggestions from you?

Thank You!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

Any suggestions from you?

Sorry to hear your heartbreaking story, Vadim. From all I read, there can be at least 3 things to keep attention.

1 is about her many trips to different countries, so may be they simple check out all about it.

2 is what she said in her Visa applications and at the time of interviews about you when she applied for tourist visas,

they are "sensitive" to wrong information in past, and possible even they are respectful to your case they still need

"allowance" from top level if there was something wrong said or written before.

3 it's may be something about baby born and need to put together all paperwork for.

Please, try to keep your wife as calm as possible, your daughter's life depends on her first of all, she must be strong for her!

And my advice to hire attorney who has office in Russia, so can be in close connection with embassy in Moscow and with your wife

to get better understanding about the whole story.

I know it's more easy to say than to do, but be strong, bad things are not forever, our case was solved, it took months, but solved.

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline

Sorry to hear your heartbreaking story, Vadim. From all I read, there can be at least 3 things to keep attention.

1 is about her many trips to different countries, so may be they simple check out all about it.

2 is what she said in her Visa applications and at the time of interviews about you when she applied for tourist visas,

they are "sensitive" to wrong information in past, and possible even they are respectful to your case they still need

"allowance" from top level if there was something wrong said or written before.

3 it's may be something about baby born and need to put together all paperwork for.

Please, try to keep your wife as calm as possible, your daughter's life depends on her first of all, she must be strong for her!

And my advice to hire attorney who has office in Russia, so can be in close connection with embassy in Moscow and with your wife

to get better understanding about the whole story.

I know it's more easy to say than to do, but be strong, bad things are not forever, our case was solved, it took months, but solved.

Thank You !!!!!

I will try.

Caseworker from Senator Rubio called, and said that they will inquire.

They also said that it is not unusually that it takes a long time (I do not agree).

I guess, I will wait and see what US Embassy will reply to Sen. Rubio Office.

• 5 months later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.