David and Marina

Anyone have NOA2 Approval on September 7th and NVC NOT receive the case?

32 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Luvlife, dogman isn't as special or smart as he thinks nor are you as so ordinary as you've declared.

The info he has is spread throughout the forum here. If you look hard enough, you'll find a way to obtain the same info he has. It's here.

But I do agree with him somewhat. I wouldn't suggest anyone knowing this info to further spread the info as newbies will for sure abuse it.

Almost everyone on here abuses the USCIS online "touch" system by checking the status every second or minute. That's absolute abuse. People should be checking at most once a day and perferrably once a week.

Many people abuse resources and they won't even admit they are indeed abusing the resource.

I'm not sure how constantly looking online for a touch constitutes "abuse." Sure, it's a waste of one's time (as reading vj contantly can be too), but I don't really see it as abuse. To me, abuse would be to recklessly and carelessly use a resource to the point where it's a detrement to others. Call the 1 800 number too much can be abuse, because people who really do need help are having to wait longer on the phone, and it's allocating USCIS's limited resources to answering pointless questions. I can see that as abuse. But a few people checking the USCIS website for a touch? How is that abuse? How is that hurting anything (other's than wasting their own time, and that's their choice, isn't it)? The only way I can see it as abuse is if SOO many people were checking sooo much that it was bogging down USCIS's servers. But I don't think that's a problem?

timeline doesn't matter.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Timeline
The only way I can see it as abuse is if SOO many people were checking sooo much that it was bogging down USCIS's servers. But I don't think that's a problem?

That's precisely it. too many little nats biting at one central server at the same time. USCIS even bans IPs when you hit it too often over a set period of time. For them to do that means absolutely there are people who are abusing the system but sadly they don't think they're abusing the system. Once a day is more than enough. Once a week is probably more what USCIS had in mind.

AOS I-485

07/10/07 - Sent I-485 via USPS Priority Mail to Chicago Lockbox

07/23/07 - Received NOA1 in my home mailbox

08/13/07 - Received ASC Biometrics Appointment Letter in my home mailbox

08/31/07 - USCIS mailed out Appointment letter with Postmark Date 8/31/07

09/04/07 - Received actual Appointment Letter (Interivew Date 10/30/07)

09/06/07 - Completed Biometrics Appointment at local ASC

10/30/07 - Scheduled AOS Interview Appointment - Approved

I-751

08/13/09 - Sent I-751 to CSC

08/17/09 - Receipt date of NOA

09/16/09 - Biometrics

09/17/09 - "Touched"

12/15/09 - Card production ordered

12/17/09 - Approval notice sent

12/21/09 - Received 10-Year GC and Welcome Letter

N-400

08/16/10 - Sent N-400 to AZ Lockbox via USPS First Class Mail with Delivery Confirmation

08/18/10 - USPS Confirms delivery: August 18, 2010, 9:57 am, PHOENIX, AZ 85036

08/24/10 - Check #501 for $675 cleared my account @ 11:20 pm EDT

08/27/10 - Received NOA dated 8/23/10 with a Priority date of 8/18/10

09/07/10 - Received Biometric RFE dated 9/3/10 -- Fingerprint apt. schedule 10/1/10

10/01/10 - Fingerprint Appointment-- Completed

10/09/10 - Received Interview Appointment Letter dated 10/6/10 for scheduled interview on 11/09/10

11/09/10 - Interview Passed

11/18/10 - Oath Ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.