Henia

Pregnancy Test Question

90 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline

Ok so I have been feeling quite *bad* these 2 weeks...so I decided to take one of the pregnancy test's that I brought with me, just for a laugh.

I just brought the 2 sticks in their packages, no instructions or the box. I went online to the Fact Plus www to see their instructions. Basically said that if you are positive pregnant then you will have a line in each little box on the tester paralell to each other. OK so I have 2 lines... one in the box marked "C" that is vertical and also one in the box marked "R" but that is not vertical, but horizontal. The more I kept looking at the test and the instructions I am getting confused... is any pregnancy test profis or knowledgable medical person out there that can help me? Am I pregnant or not?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you used the test I think you might have, then the result is positive, when BOTH lines appear but in the "same direction".

I've never heard of what you describe you're seeing :)

Maybe write to them or call? (Or go to a doctor?)

Good luck!

short history:

2001 - met in Germany

April 2003 - fell in love

Aug 2004 - go to the US for internship

Feb 2005 - both return to Germany

Aug 2006 - getting married

DCF timeline:

09/01/2006 - filed the petition in Frankfurt

09/06/2006 - medical in Frankfurt

09/26/2006 - faxed checklist

10/05/2006 - received interview invite

11/01/2006 - INTERVIEW in Frankfurt - approved!

11/04/2006 - VISA IN HAND!!

12/21/2006 - POE San Francisco and ON TO SEA!

Timeline
If you used the test I think you might have, then the result is positive, when BOTH lines appear but in the "same direction".

I've never heard of what you describe you're seeing :)

Maybe write to them or call? (Or go to a doctor?)

Good luck!

Yes that is why I donnot know what is going on... I thought the 2 lines have to be paralell...but they are not one is like | and the other like __ ....Soooo I donnow... I donnot think I can call or write them... I am in Algerie. Also there doctors here I donnot think have the technology to tell if someone is pregnant this soon in the game... Hmm I guess I just have to wait until I get back in the States and take yet another one :lol: ... :hehe:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

my first reaction was to congratulate you, but out of curiosity I looked this up http://www.factplus.com/DuringFAQs.cfm

"What does it mean if there is a line in the result window but it is running horizontally (left to right)?

A line running horizontally (left to right) should not be interpreted as a positive result. This line might be caused by the streaking of the chemicals as the test progresses. A positive result must have a line that is parallel to the control line."

I think you might have gotten an old or somehow compromised test.

hope you are feeling better soon, though

3dflags_jor0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Hatem & Dawn

Dec 09, 2004 I130 sent to USCIS

Mar 02, 2006 Arrives in US

15 months start to finish for cr-1 from Amman with no RFEs, ARs or other bonus hang-ups

complete timeline in profile

Nov 27, 2007 Three year Annivrsary. Two more and I can apply for a Jordanian Passport, and then we're going to Cuba (Just because I can). can't wait...

Timeline
my first reaction was to congratulate you, but out of curiosity I looked this up http://www.factplus.com/DuringFAQs.cfm

"What does it mean if there is a line in the result window but it is running horizontally (left to right)?

A line running horizontally (left to right) should not be interpreted as a positive result. This line might be caused by the streaking of the chemicals as the test progresses. A positive result must have a line that is parallel to the control line."

I think you might have gotten an old or somehow compromised test.

hope you are feeling better soon, though

O thanks Dawn... Dawn to the recuse (again) well I am glad that cleared that up.... *sigh* of relief... :D

Timeline

sigh if you want but it doesn't say you're not pregnant. Do they really not have home tests there? If theres anything universal its reproductive matters so I would expect test kits on the shelf at any store...so does this mean you are def coming back next month?

Hatem & Dawn

15 months start to finish for cr-1 from Amman with no RFEs, ARs or other bonus hang-ups

Nov 27, 2007 Three year Annivrsary. Two more and I can apply for a Jordanian Passport, and then we're going to Cuba (Just because I can). can't wait...

Timeline
sigh if you want but it doesn't say you're not pregnant. Do they really not have home tests there? If theres anything universal its reproductive matters so I would expect test kits on the shelf at any store...so does this mean you are def coming back next month?
Well I am def coming back on the 6th..I have to return to my life in Michigan unfortunately and most importantly my daughter...but am planning to return to DZ asap after I settle my affairs... either way if we stay here or live in the USA...we are def trying to make the time apart to a mininum.

Also it is not that I donnot want to have a baby..just maybe not right now. I know the next 6months to a year will be financially stressed for me, so add a baby to that...WOW one whopper of a mess... I really donnot like to go through a pregnancy without my husband by my side if by chance I cannot return to DZ as planned... but if I am pregnant then I am cool. My husband actually says he wants a baby now..says he is too old and got married late in life....Hmmm he is only 30 years old. :unsure: But in any case it *would* a welcomed blessing... just to have rearrange things at that point. :thumbs:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Albania
Timeline
Ok so I have been feeling quite *bad* these 2 weeks...so I decided to take one of the pregnancy test's that I brought with me, just for a laugh.

I just brought the 2 sticks in their packages, no instructions or the box. I went online to the Fact Plus www to see their instructions. Basically said that if you are positive pregnant then you will have a line in each little box on the tester paralell to each other. OK so I have 2 lines... one in the box marked "C" that is vertical and also one in the box marked "R" but that is not vertical, but horizontal. The more I kept looking at the test and the instructions I am getting confused... is any pregnancy test profis or knowledgable medical person out there that can help me? Am I pregnant or not?

Isn't it great how clear and straightfoward these tests are? lol

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

7/27/2006: Arrival in NYC! -- I-94/EAD stamp in passport

8/08/2006: Applied for Social Security Card

8/18/2006: Social Security Card arrives

8/25/2006: WEDDING!

AOS...

9/11/2006: Appointment with Civil Surgeon for vaccination supplement

9/18/2006: Mailed AOS and renewal EAD applications to Chicago

10/2/2006: NOA1's for AOS and EAD applications

10/13/2006: Biometrics taken

10/14/2006: NOA -- case transferred to CSC

10/30/2006: AOS approved without interview, greencard will be sent! :)

11/04/2006: Greencard arrives in the mail! :-D

... No more USCIS for two whole years! ...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Timeline
Did two come in the package?

You can always try the other test to make sure.... :)

i took them both and both turned out the same... but a friend of mine told me I can find these tests here in Algerie in the pharmacy so I am going to buy one soon. :D
If you are then congrats and if you're not then congrats too :luv:
You crack me up Layla :lol:

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

well you'd best buy one of those suckers today and let us know 'cause I'm gonna be on pins and needles all day until you do!!!!

That's freaky that two tests would be compromised like that! :huh:

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Timeline
well you'd best buy one of those suckers today and let us know 'cause I'm gonna be on pins and needles all day until you do!!!!

That's freaky that two tests would be compromised like that! :huh:

Well I donnot know what happened with them... I bought form Walmart before I came... just as a teaser...but I cannot go today to since we were invited to dinner. Also tomorrow is Friday (Jumuaa) things are usually closed during the day... and by night I am not going out alone... also my husband's off from work tomorrow and Saturday so..until I know for sure...I want this a secret... :whistle:

Timeline

so nobody gets to know til sunday? Henia, are you sure thats the best you can do? Can you even handle it that long?

I guess you are even more patient than I would have figured.

Hatem & Dawn

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.