NkemEmeka

Lagos Interviews for November

17 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I have just found out that my husband has gotten an interview date for November for the CR-1. Does anyone have any advice for CR-1 interview appointments? What should my husband bring to the appointment other than 2 passport photos, medical documents, passport??? I know proof of relationship, but I do not have his phone number on my phone bill as I use calling cards. I have many pictures plus a church wedding video tape. I also have printed out some written online conversations awhile back for proof and some emails as well. I have a joint sponsor, do they take joint sponsor??? I heard they do for the CR-1, but they are more strict with the K-3 visa's. Does anyone else have an interiew date here for November?

Timeline

Hi, NVC sends you a packet telling what you need to bring. because it is the I-130 most of the forms are sent in so you would just need ( passport, passport pics, police report ( if app), medical, latest tax returns ( if app) and proof of relationship). Just make sure all the info is updated for example, the police report is only valid for three months so make sure the one you gave the NVC will still be valid by the interview day or you need to get a new one. This is a list of proof of relationship that i posted in another thread you can use those if applicable as ideas. The phone records may not suffice because they like to see the actual numbers so you may have to explain to the CO that you only used calling cards and have your other evidence abundant. I think another member joej wasn't able to get phone records from the phone company and was able to explain that to them and they did just fine.

Phone records, text message log, chat logs, correspondence between couple and family, western union transfers( some COs don't accept this), e-mails, pics ( lots both before marriage/after), insurance ( if applicable), letters/packages, proof of travel( copy of stamp in passport, boardpass copy, copy of tickets).

06/06/05 I-130 NOA1

06/14/05 K-3 NOA1

07/08/05 k-3 NOA2

07/22/05 K-3 leaves NVC to Lagos

08/08/05 Hubby picks up interview packet from embassy

11/17/05 K-3 interview (denied, C.O refused to take co-sponsor for k-3)

12/16/05 I-130 NOA2

01/03/06 NVC assigns case number

02/15/06 Case complete (thank you James Shortcuts- only 6 weeks!)

04/19/06 tired of waiting, filed k-3 #2 ( petition is still lost in oblivion)

09/11/06 NVC scheduled CR-1 interview/ on to Lagos (thank God after 7 months of waiting!)

10/14/06 Interview date (success!)

10/18/06 Hubby goes to pick up visa- not ready ( ugh what's going on!)

10/19/06 Visa in hand ( thank you God!)

10/29/06 Together at last :)

Whole process 1 year and 4 months

Timeline
I have just found out that my husband has gotten an interview date for November for the CR-1.

Congrats on your getting a date to end your wait! You must be excited!

I am curious. When did your case complete its processing at NVC? When was it shipped to Nigeria? Many of us with CR1/IR1 filings are waiting in a backlog (and behind K visa processing) and it would be nice to know if the 8 month time line is shrinking.

thanks in advance.

Every day is one day closer to the end of my visa journey.

Timeline

The latest case that i know of that has been scheduled was a case completion date of May 4th. their case got sent on Oct 10th.

06/06/05 I-130 NOA1

06/14/05 K-3 NOA1

07/08/05 k-3 NOA2

07/22/05 K-3 leaves NVC to Lagos

08/08/05 Hubby picks up interview packet from embassy

11/17/05 K-3 interview (denied, C.O refused to take co-sponsor for k-3)

12/16/05 I-130 NOA2

01/03/06 NVC assigns case number

02/15/06 Case complete (thank you James Shortcuts- only 6 weeks!)

04/19/06 tired of waiting, filed k-3 #2 ( petition is still lost in oblivion)

09/11/06 NVC scheduled CR-1 interview/ on to Lagos (thank God after 7 months of waiting!)

10/14/06 Interview date (success!)

10/18/06 Hubby goes to pick up visa- not ready ( ugh what's going on!)

10/19/06 Visa in hand ( thank you God!)

10/29/06 Together at last :)

Whole process 1 year and 4 months

Timeline
I have just found out that my husband has gotten an interview date for November for the CR-1. Does anyone have any advice for CR-1 interview appointments? What should my husband bring to the appointment other than 2 passport photos, medical documents, passport??? I know proof of relationship, but I do not have his phone number on my phone bill as I use calling cards. I have many pictures plus a church wedding video tape. I also have printed out some written online conversations awhile back for proof and some emails as well. I have a joint sponsor, do they take joint sponsor??? I heard they do for the CR-1, but they are more strict with the K-3 visa's. Does anyone else have an interiew date here for November?

I have gotten passport stamps from Nigeria. I have not kept up with my proof of tickets. I hope passport stamp copies would be good. My whole entire case was completed in early of march. They even mentioned that the affidavit of support, and the police records were fine. I guess they need an updated police record. The affidavit was for the year of 2004 since I have sent it back in 2005 to complete. The dep. of state said that they have sent it to Nigeria already. My husband has an appointment at 7am in the morning. How should he dress? I know everyone has different personalities at the Lagos consulate as I am hearing that the Lagos consulate is one of the toughest in the world for US consulates. What are the common reasons for the US consulate of Lagos to deny a visa?

Timeline
What are the common reasons for the US consulate of Lagos to deny a visa?

Don't risk a denial on a 221g...missing information. Make sure you follow the packet checklist andyou will be fine. Dress is not an issue. An outdated 864 is. make sure your financial information is current with paystubs, verification of employment letters and/or deposit history.

all the best and chill out....you are almost done!

Filed: Timeline

I would also suggest that you get www.pingo.com or some other calling card that tracks your phone records as most CO's look at phone records very stringently. It only costs like $10 to open a acount and your Husband can print your ohone history before his interview, say like the day before since that will give him the most history, then have him explain that you guys just started using this card but before were using cards that couldnt be tracked. Also I wonder if you have any record of your incomming calls on your phone as that is also proof that you guys are communicating with each other. I also sent emails from friends that mentioned my husband or marriage and even emails that my friends sent to him as proof.

.png

Timeline

Also, dont bring too many personal items not relevant to your interview to the Embassy. The list on display of restricted items is not complete. If you have something that is not allowed you will have to leave it outside (unattended). While waiting in line the guard was asking me if i had, camera or cell phone (even lip gloss and mascara), umbrellas or large metal items as they were not allowed inside. However bottled water is OK. :blink:

Maybe someone can add to this.

Timeline
I would also suggest that you get www.pingo.com or some other calling card that tracks your phone records as most CO's look at phone records very stringently. It only costs like $10 to open a acount and your Husband can print your ohone history before his interview, say like the day before since that will give him the most history, then have him explain that you guys just started using this card but before were using cards that couldnt be tracked. Also I wonder if you have any record of your incomming calls on your phone as that is also proof that you guys are communicating with each other. I also sent emails from friends that mentioned my husband or marriage and even emails that my friends sent to him as proof.

Thanks everyone for your all the advice. I did call Nigeria a few times, but not a lot in the past. It would only be in about 2-3 phone bills of mine. Would that be okay? Could my husband bring a video of our marriage? I also did call his brother a few times directly. When my husband calls me his phone number shows on my caller ID, but there is no way I can take that picture as it is too small to take from my phone. I do have abput 3 email addresses that my husband had email me on and we used to chat online, but now we do mostly our communication over phone as I am not that fond of chatting online.

I am not sure on how the embassy would react to this, but we do not have any children from any previous marriages or relationships. This is our first marriage. I am just so worried as the appointment is 4 weeks time. I am scanning the medical from that the Dep. of State has sent me as some other important information. I had to go out of my way to get a scanner with a copier so I can send him documents as updated tax information, which I will send, and some other information. Does the US embassy discrimate about age? My husband and I do have an age difference, he is 33 and I am 25. We had tons of pictures we had taken in Nigeria. I think it will be a little too late using the pingo website

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

for phone cards I us www.bluephonecards.com continental card as they offer call detail, pinless dialing, and can be purchased in $5 increments with no surcharge. They also take paypal. For $5 I get 30 minutes to Nigeria cell phone. Best deal I have found. I hope that helps you out.

Timeline

CONGRATULATIONS ON THE UPCOMING INTERVIEW & BEST WISHES FOR SUCCESS! ;)

8.14.03 MY FEET TOUCH NIGERIAN SOIL!

8.28.03 Civil wedding (Lagos, Island)

8.30.03 Trad. wedding (Mbaise-Owerri, Imo State)

11.27.03 Returned to U.S.A

12.31.03 I-130 NOA1

6.15.04 2nd trip to Naija

7.04.04 I-129F NOA1

9.24.04 I-130 x-ferred from NSC to CSC

10.07.04 I-130 rec. @ CSC

10.14.04 I-130 Approv.

11.04 Rec. DS 3032 & AOS fee bill

12.04.04 Rec. I-864 packet

2.05.05 DS 3032 rec.

2.17.05 I-129F Approv.

2.23.05 Left NVC

3.09.05 Rec. IV bill

3.10.05 Ret. I-864 Packet

3.12.05 3rd trip

3.29.05 Ret. IV fee bill

5.02.05 DS-230 mailed out by NVC

5.05.05 Hubby rec K-3 packet

6.23.05 Rec. DS 230 & Checklist

7.08.05 RFE DS 230

7.18.05 NVC rec. Cklist response letter items

7.21.05 K-3 interview (Previously notified Lagos that we are abandoning the K-3)

8.04.05 *Case Complete*

11.08.05 Case forwarded to Lagos

12.23.05 INTERVIEW-VISA APPROVED

1.13.06 Hubby's flight scheduled for U.S. arrival @ 12:45pm

Timeline

It sounds like you have a lot of good advice here. It can't hurt to have as much relationship proof as possible. Phone call proof will really help, if you have access to that.

Best wishes

K3

10-xx-04 I129 sent

05-xx-05 NOA1 from USCIS - Aproved - Abandoned for Cr1

CR1

11-15-04 I-130 sent

12-10-04 NOA 1 fee changed had to resend info with new fee

12-11-04 Resend case with new fee

02-14-05 NOA 2 I-130 Case aproved and sent to NVC

02-25-05 NVC received case

03-21-05 Received I-864 fee bill

03-22-05 Sent $70 I-864 payment to

04-16-05 Received IV fee bill

04-17-05 Sent $ 380 IV payment to NVC

05-02-05 Received I-864 packet from NVC

05-02-05 Sent I-864 packet to NVC

05-11-05 NVC received IV payment

05-16-05 NVC sent third packet

05-25-05 Received DS-230 and third packet instructions

06-06-05 NVCReceived DS-230 per fed ex confirmation

06-07-05 NVC Enters DS-230 information in system

waiting waiting waiting

06-20-05 Case Completed!!!!!!!yipee.

waiting for interview date.............

7-26-05 Baby born!!!! yaya

8-15-05 Interview set for 9-29-05

9-29-05 Interview suck they want more proof

10-20-05 second interview

10-24-05 yaya haleloujhya finally got it.

10-28-05 going to meet husband in New York. yayayaya

10-30-05 Home!!!!

Lifting Conditions

7-28-07 Mailed form I751 and supporting documents. $275 (Old fee!!!!!Yipee!!!)

8-17-07 Check cleared my account.

8-20-07 Touched

8-30-07 Received Biometric apointment letter.

9-11-07 Biometrics Apointment

9-22-07 Received letter of approval

9-24-07 Received GC Whoo hoo done for 10 years!!!

09-20-09 Sent N-400 for Citizenship

11-01-09 Bio

01-11-10 Passed Interview

01-16-10 Received notice for swearing in ceremony

02-03-10 Swearing in ceremony

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
for phone cards I us www.bluephonecards.com continental card as they offer call detail, pinless dialing, and can be purchased in $5 increments with no surcharge. They also take paypal. For $5 I get 30 minutes to Nigeria cell phone. Best deal I have found. I hope that helps you out.

what do you mean by call detail ? does your company give you the info of what number you dialed and how long you talk with each purchase online or does it just give you a record of when you bought a calling card?

May 2001 Met online

May 2005 Finally Made first visit

May 2006 Second visit

]uly 17, 2006 mailed I-129F to TSC

July 18, 2006 received delivery notification from USPS

July 21, 2006 NOA1 mailed from CSC

July 26, 2006 NOA1 received from CSC

Oct 20, 2006 NOA2

Nov 15 2006 Left NVC

Mar 1 2007 Interview Date

Mar 6 2007 Visa Granted

Mar 17 2007 JfK POE (enjoyed NY for a week)

Mar 25 2007 Arrived in the my cityb]

Timeline

what do you mean by call detail ? does your company give you the info of what number you dialed and how long you talk with each purchase online or does it just give you a record of when you bought a calling card?

DETAIL means it gives u the # ur calling, the place and it shows ur # and how many minutes u talked. U go on there website to print it up.

Rose - Michigan - Dan - Nigeria

Met my husband on line Nov., 04

Married March 12, 05 in Nigeria

3-21-05 - Submitted I-130 petition

4-9-05 - Rec'd Notice of Action

7-23-05 - rec'd approval from Cali. Office

8-22-05 - rec'd notice from nvc

8-27-05 - rec'd I-864 bill and DS-230 form

8-30-05 - sent I-864 bill in overnight

9-16-05 - rec'd I-864 pack

9-19-05 - rec'd DS-230 fee bill

9-21-05 - sent I-864 pack overnight

9-30-05 - sent DS-230 bill overnight, rec'd 10-1-05

10-20-05 - rec'd DS-230 pack, sent to hubby 10-29-05, he rec'd pack 11-7 and Dan sent off to nvc 11-8, and they still have not rec'd pack, have to send off again, darn.

1-13-06 - hubby sent off DS-230 pack for a second time

1-23-06 - NVC rec'd DS-230 pack, the waiting begins.

2-7-06 - called NVC, case completed on 1-26-06, thank you lord, NVC stated waiting on confirmation from lagos regarding interview date.

9-13-06 - called NVC, they stated case was forwarded to Lagos on Sept. 11th and Dans interview is Oct. 19, 2006. Thank you dear lord.

10-19-06 - Dan had his interview and was approved. Will pick up visa on Wed. My king is finally coming home. Visa wasn't ready, had to go back on Mon. Oct. 30th to pick it up. Has it in hand.

11-17-06 - Dan arrives at Detroit Metro Airport at 11:00 a.m. This is one happy day for us.

11-25-06 - Dan receives his social security card.

12-06 - Dan receives 3 welcome letters and his green card shortly afterwards.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.