Bad_Daddy

Anti smoking zealots killing business in Anchorage

79 posts in this topic

Kip your story says the ban went into effect 5 years ago, perhaps the club sucks on its own since the complaint is loss of members from last year? Just taking a guess...

That club in the OP was the Eagles. And no it didn't "suck". Clubs in Anchorage are closing down every year for the fact they can't get enough business to warrant staying open. Non smoking clubs don't seem to be a hit in Alaska. If they were maybe the non smoking nazi's would have opened a few non smoking clubs up and stayed out of the smoking clubs, thus not having to whine and complain about smokers.

This is good for people that don't live in Anchorage and own bars. Anchorage people by the droves have been heading north to have a good time and be treated like an American and not some commie stooge. Anchorage loses out due to the libnuts and surrounding towns make out with Anchorage dollars.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Filed: Timeline

Please smoke more, light it up, it's very cool, just do it.

My employer has a bed waiting for you and my livelihood depedns on this insane self choice despite all the data out there :devil:

I shouldn't be deprived of going to my favorite drinking hole because some folks that lack self control wants to be unhealthy.

Maybe the bars closed down because they sucked, we have whole cities here in the LA basin that bans smoking and restauranting seems to be going on.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Please smoke more, light it up, it's very cool, just do it.

My employer has a bed waiting for you and my livelihood depedns on this insane self choice despite all the data out there :devil:

I shouldn't be deprived of going to my favorite drinking hole because some folks that lack self control wants to be unhealthy.

Maybe the bars closed down because they sucked, we have whole cities here in the LA basin that bans smoking and restauranting seems to be going on.

If your favorite drinking hole allows smoking, and you don't like smoking you have 1 of 2 choices. Suck it up and continue to patron there, or discontinue being a patron. No one is forcing you to be around anything.

nfrsig.jpg

The Great Canadian to Texas Transfer Timeline:

2/22/2010 - I-129F Packet Mailed

2/24/2010 - Packet Delivered to VSC

2/26/2010 - VSC Cashed Filing Fee

3/04/2010 - NOA1 Received!

8/14/2010 - Touched!

10/04/2010 - NOA2 Received!

10/25/2010 - Packet 3 Received!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

03/15/2011 - Interview in Montreal! - Approved!!!

If your favorite drinking hole allows smoking, and you don't like smoking you have 1 of 2 choices. Suck it up and continue to patron there, or discontinue being a patron. No one is forcing you to be around anything.

:thumbs:

Bolsheviks hate the idea of people having to make their own choices.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

You forgot the other option, force the establishment to not allow smoking :dance:

Ain't democracy just great? :thumbs:

:thumbs:

Bolsheviks hate the idea of people having to make their own choices.

Possibly but some choices are clearly not in the best interest of the majority so we get to take those out and take them out we shall :yes:

You forgot the other option, force the establishment to not allow smoking :dance:

Possibly but some choices are clearly not in the best interest of the majority so we get to take those out and take them out we shall :yes:

Driving is hazardous so you better see about making a law against that while your at it. Some people like to have choices, and some can't stand the fact that people would rather make their own choices.

sigbet.jpg

Driving is hazardous so you better see about making a law against that while your at it. Some people like to have choices, and some can't stand the fact that people would rather make their own choices.

Driving is dangerous and that is why we have engineering studies to establish speed limits, lane numbers, signage, etc We also prohibit or limits certain types of vehicles and weight limits on throughfares and bridges.

This is not an underdeveloped country, we have due process, nobody just woke up one morning and decided to abolish smoking in restaurants. Your neighbors voted for and the city/municipality signed the ordinance into law.

Stop being a sore looser. Public places is for all to enjoy, your smoking types are endangering the population at large with your uncooth and if you may pardon me, unsanitary activity.

Edited by Iyawo Ijebu

Driving is dangerous and that is why we have engineering studies to establish speed limits, lane numbers, signage, etc We also prohibit or limits certain types of vehicles and weight limits on throughfares and bridges.

This is not an underdeveloped country, we have due process, nobody just woke up one morning and decided to abolish smoking in restaurants. Your neighbors voted for and the city/municipality signed the ordinance into law.

Stop being a sore looser. Public places is for all to enjoy, your smoking types are endangering the population at large with your uncooth and if you may pardon me, unsanitary activity.

You don't want to be around smoking then don't go inside a smoking establishment. It's pretty simple.

sigbet.jpg

You also have a choice not to start smoking, thus avoiding the hardship of having to smoke outdoors in the cold

And you have a choice to beat yourself over the head with a big hammer. That post of yours is a stretch to stay on topic.

sigbet.jpg

You don't want to be around smoking then don't go inside a smoking establishment. It's pretty simple.

Obviously it's not.

Proof is the process, cost, man hours that it took to draft, place in vote and pass the ordinance.

Again, society at large has a duty to create an evironment that is enjoyable to the majority of the populace. You seem to have an issue with majority rule.

If you want to smoke, how about you and your buddies go outside the city limits to someplace where such as an ordinance is not on the books?

You know like high speed driving, there are speed limits so as a courtesy to my neighbors I don't speed and instead reserve my andrenalin fix to track days at my local autocross.

Like I said before I support your right to light up and I actually encourage it, my livelihod depends on your poor choice of health habit. But you're not going to get to do it while I'm trying to enjoy my Cognac and Steak.

Edited by Iyawo Ijebu

Obviously it's not.

Proof is the process, cost, man hours that it took to draft, place in vote and pass the ordinance.

Again, society at large has a duty to create an evironment that is enjoyable to the majority of the populace. You seem to have an issue with majority rule.

If you want to smoke, how about you and your buddies go outside the city limits to someplace where such as an ordinance is not on the books?

You know like high speed driving, there are speed limits so as a courtesy to my neighbors I don't speed and instead reserve my andrenalin fix to track days at my local autocross.

Like I said before I support your right to light up and I actually encourage it, my livelihod depends on your poor choice of health habit. But you're not going to get to do it while I'm trying to enjoy my Cognac and Steak.

Society at large has a brain and should not try to stop people from trying their brain in order to make choices for themselves. If someone is too stupid to go into a smoking establishment when they don't want to then maybe society at large should start thinking about trimming some of the fat as in selective Euthanasia.

It's like someone sticking their fat head under a truck tire and then later on wondering why they have tire tracks across their forehead along with a giant headache.

Edited by Why_Me

sigbet.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Actually. That's called Fascism.

nfrsig.jpg

The Great Canadian to Texas Transfer Timeline:

2/22/2010 - I-129F Packet Mailed

2/24/2010 - Packet Delivered to VSC

2/26/2010 - VSC Cashed Filing Fee

3/04/2010 - NOA1 Received!

8/14/2010 - Touched!

10/04/2010 - NOA2 Received!

10/25/2010 - Packet 3 Received!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

03/15/2011 - Interview in Montreal! - Approved!!!

And you have a choice to beat yourself over the head with a big hammer. That post of yours is a stretch to stay on topic.

How is it not on topic? No one is forcing anyone to go to bars, but no one is forcing you to smoke either. I must have missed that smoking in bars and restaurants was necessary in order to enjoy them.

90day.jpg

Society at large has a brain and should not try to stop people from trying their brain in order to make choices for themselves. If someone is too stupid to go into a smoking establishment when they don't want to then maybe society at large should start thinking about trimming some of the fat as in selective Euthanasia.

It's like someone sticking their fat head under a truck tire and then later on wondering why they have tire tracks across their forehead along with a giant headache.

Okay we'll agree to disagree, I salute your debating skills. It's refreshing actually.

Let's celebrate our differences. :D