DavidWhite

I-129F Fiance's Visa and I-846

23 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Good Morning All,

I met my girlfriend over a year ago and now we wish too get married I am from the UK and she's American due to her having kids it makes more sense for me too go to the USA to live etc I have some questions i really could do with some guidance and help as im really stuck now

I am told that i need to complete I-129F Fiance's Visa? I have most the documents i require for the application too go through but i am stuck on the forms can anyone confirm i only need to send in I-129F to start with I was told i needed G-325A and G-1145 too but im not sure, and finally I-846 form for Affidavit of Support this has really got me stuck ive tried to call the immigration service too ask questions but they are too rude too help or give me any real help.

Any help would be greatly appreciated on the following questions

1) Can the sponsor be a friend of the family?

2) My fiancee is under the poverty level so she can't support me myself can i help support stay?

3) Can a member of the family help sponsor me if they have a criminal background?

4) If my fiance cant support me as a sponsor can a non family member sponsor me on there own?

5) my wife earns enough for us both too live on easily however not enough for the poverty level so even though i need a sponsor i would not be going to them for financial gain is there any place i can find a sponsor if my fiance cant get one at all inside the family or friends?

any help would be so welcome im worrying now that we can't get married and will never be together like we want too be and its a horrible thought

regards

David White

Timeline

Welcome David!

Have no fear, I am from the UK as well and just about to send off the I-129F petition form real soon!

First of all, you only need to send ONE I-129F form as it is about you and your fiancee, the G-1145 is a notification form to recieve updates from either email or text (personally I would allow all notifications to be sent to your US fiancee) so you only need to send one version.

The G-325A however you need to do one and your US fiancee needs to do one because it is a more in depth report about your lives.

As for the I-846 forms, you DO NOT need to send those when filing the I-129F, that will come when your fiancee will recieve the NOA2.

For more information I always use this as a guide tool:

http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide

I hope this helps!! :thumbs:

MY PROPOSAL AT WRESTLEMANIA 28, FL

♥ Love Timeline ♥

11/11/2003 ~ We met online on a wrestling forum & MySpace promoting the same music band

14/07/2005 ~ Lost contact with each other :(

10/05/2010 ~ We got back in contact, re-establishing our friendship

25/06/2010 ~ Confessed our love for one another, officially a couple! ^_^

29/03/2011 ~ Flew to the USA to meet each other for the first time in Atlanta, GA

10/10/2011 ~ Flew to the USA for a surprise visit in her hometown of Chattanooga, TN

14/01/2012 ~ Flew to TN for a medical emergency; she was hospitalised

23/03/2012 ~ Flew to TN to take her for her first holiday to Miami, FL

29/03/2012 ~ Proposed to her in front of her favourite WWE wrestler CM Punk, she said YES!!!

♥ K-1 Timeline ♥

29/05/2012 ~ I-129f Sent

14/06/2012 ~ NOA1 Received (VSC)

??/??/???? ~ NOA2 Received

Timeline

Thank you so much thats great too hear.....

I am just waiting on some final documents then will send the I-129F and G-1145 and G-325A at the same time then so thats a relief :) on some of the forms i noticed it says something about an A reference im guessing that is something they issue and not something we have too know or apply for am i right?

Best Regards

David

Welcome David!

Have no fear, I am from the UK as well and just about to send off the I-129F petition form real soon!

First of all, you only need to send ONE I-129F form as it is about you and your fiancee, the G-1145 is a notification form to recieve updates from either email or text (personally I would allow all notifications to be sent to your US fiancee) so you only need to send one version.

The G-325A however you need to do one and your US fiancee needs to do one because it is a more in depth report about your lives.

As for the I-846 forms, you DO NOT need to send those when filing the I-129F, that will come when your fiancee will recieve the NOA2.

For more information I always use this as a guide tool:

http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide

I hope this helps!! :thumbs:

To clarify, the I-134 comes at the embassy/interview stage. The I-864 comes after the K1 visa and marriage, for adjustment of status purposes. Similar forms, in that they're both affidavits of support, but important to notice the differences and when each form comes into play.

Edited by Coconuts

Timeline

Thank you so I-134 is after the petition goes in and i am guessing the sponsor in the USA will need to be in play for that or is that just to show mine and my fiance's income sorry if i seem completely thick about this it scares me silly all these forms and things thank you david

To clarify, the I-134 comes at the embassy/interview stage. The I-864 comes after the K1 visa and marriage, for adjustment of status purposes. Similar forms, in that they're both affidavits of support, but important to notice the differences and when each form comes into play.

Thank you so I-134 is after the petition goes in and i am guessing the sponsor in the USA will need to be in play for that or is that just to show mine and my fiance's income sorry if i seem completely thick about this it scares me silly all these forms and things thank you david

No worries. Please take the time to read the guides and the flowchart. They can be a lifesaver for someone attempting to understand the process. :)

Your fiancee needs to sponsor you. She will need to fill out the I-134 and provide proof of income such as tax returns, pay stubs, etc. Even if she does NOT make enough to sponsor you, she will have to fill this out. If she meets the requirements (they vary based on household size) then that's all she needs. If she doesn't meet the requirements, then a co-sponsor (who will also need to be a USC) who does meet them will then have to fill one out as well, providing the same kind of supporting evidence.

As the beneficiary, your income does not matter.

And yes, this will all be at the embassy/interview stage.

Edited by Coconuts

Timeline

Thank you so much for your help the more i get feedback the better im feeling just hoping now i can find someone too sponsor me as me and my fiancee dont know anyone with the right income there too help us and sucks how i cant help her from my side even though i can support myself when im there

regards

Dave

No worries. Please take the time to read the guides and the flowchart. They can be a lifesaver for someone attempting to understand the process. :)

Your fiancee needs to sponsor you. She will need to fill out the I-134 and provide proof of income such as tax returns, pay stubs, etc. Even if she does NOT make enough to sponsor you, she will have to fill this out. If she meets the requirements (they vary based on household size) then that's all she needs. If she doesn't meet the requirements, then a co-sponsor (who will also need to be a USC) who does meet them will then have to fill one out as well, providing the same kind of supporting evidence.

As the beneficiary, your income does not matter.

And yes, this will all be at the embassy/interview stage.

Thank you so much for your help the more i get feedback the better im feeling just hoping now i can find someone too sponsor me as me and my fiancee dont know anyone with the right income there too help us and sucks how i cant help her from my side even though i can support myself when im there

regards

Dave

Does she have and close family members? A mother, father, siblings, aunts, uncles etc. are all candidates for cosponsoring.

Our K-1 and AOS Journey

05/12-05/22/10-met my sweetheart and family(had lots of fun!)
12/13-12/26/11-met again for engagement/Christmas
04/10/12-I-129F petition sent
04/13/12-USPS delivery confirmation
04/18/12-NOA1 text/email
04/21/12-NOA1(receipt 04/17/12)
10/10/12-NOA2 text
10/15/12-NOA2 letter received
10/27/12-NVC letter received
11/28/12-Medical Exam-PASSED
12/07/12-K-1 Interview-APPROVED

02/12/13-POE-Atlanta
03/04/13-Wedding
03/27/13-AOS,EAD,AP delivered
04/03/13-NOAs text/email
04/08/13-NOAs received
04/26/13-Biometrics appointment(walk-in done 04/17)

06/03/13-EAD card production/AP post decision approval

06/10/13-EAD/AP combo card received

04/04/14-AOS card production/decision

04/11/14-NOA2 welcome to the USA

04/12/14-Received GC

Timeline

absolutely no one sadly she doesnt have no contact with any of the listed and the only friends shes got are not eligable due to themselves being under the poverty margin

Does she have and close family members? A mother, father, siblings, aunts, uncles etc. are all candidates for cosponsoring.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Good Morning All,

I met my girlfriend over a year ago and now we wish too get married I am from the UK and she's American due to her having kids it makes more sense for me too go to the USA to live etc I have some questions i really could do with some guidance and help as im really stuck now

I am told that i need to complete I-129F Fiance's Visa?

She is the one who needs to complete I-129F, she needs to sign it not you.

Could she get a second job to make up the shortfall in her earnings?

Timeline

We did think of that but 2 kids shes got she wouldnt be able too so were looking around for someone fingers crossed i really hope this doesnt end our chances of being together damn immigration rules sometimes we have everything else needed but a sponsor so sad

She is the one who needs to complete I-129F, she needs to sign it not you.

Could she get a second job to make up the shortfall in her earnings?

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

We did think of that but 2 kids shes got she wouldnt be able too so were looking around for someone fingers crossed i really hope this doesnt end our chances of being together damn immigration rules sometimes we have everything else needed but a sponsor so sad

The rules sure are tough! I wish you luck with finding a sponsor.

Timeline

Good morning :-) well last night we received some great news we found a sponsor for me is a aunty who is over the poverty margin she has agreed too help us which is great news. She as asked us what exactly is the role of a sponsor and what do they need too do can anyone please advise or point me in the right direction I have tried explaining but don't think I made it sound right at all thanks david quote name='rocks' timestamp='1336493462' post='5361813']

T he rules sure are tough! I wish you luck with finding a sponsor.

Good morning :-) well last night we received some great news we found a sponsor for me is a aunty who is over the poverty margin she has agreed too help us which is great news. She as asked us what exactly is the role of a sponsor and what do they need too do can anyone please advise or point me in the right direction I have tried explaining but don't think I made it sound right at all thanks david

Assuming she will sponsor you for both the I-134 and the I-864 stages of this process, have her read the Sponsor's Contract portion of the I-864 Affidavit of Support (Part 8): http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-864.pdf

The I-864 is the legally binding document, so it's key she understands it.

Part One: The K-1 Visa Journey:

USCIS Receipt of I-129F: January 24, 2012 | Petition Approval: June 15, 2012 (No RFEs)
Interview: October 24, 2012 - Review | Visa Delivered: October 31, 2012

Part Two: Entry and Adjusting Status:

POE: November 18, 2012 (at SFO) - Review
Wedding: December 1, 2012 | Social Security: New cards received on December 7, 2012.
AOS Package (I-485/I-765/I-131) NOA1: February 19, 2013 | Biometrics Appt.: March 18, 2013
AP/EAD Approved: April 29, 2013 | Card Received: May 6, 2013 | AOS Interview Appt.: May 16, 2013 - Approved Review Card Received: May 24, 2013

Part Three: Removal of Conditions:

Coming Soon...

"When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat." – George Carlin

Timeline

I just read the Part 8 obligations does that mean my sponsor has too provide me with monies above the poverty line? or does that mean if i require support from them during my process they are too help me the reason i ask is because i will have some savings already to help me along the way thanks and regards david

Assuming she will sponsor you for both the I-134 and the I-864 stages of this process, have her read the Sponsor's Contract portion of the I-864 Affidavit of Support (Part 8): http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-864.pdf

The I-864 is the legally binding document, so it's key she understands it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.