lucy884

Photocopying passport stamps

14 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

With our petition, we're sending a photocopy (front and back) of my fiance's birth certificate as proof of his US citizenship. As part of the evidence of us having met, we're including photocopies of stamps in both of our passports - for these do we need to photocopy every page of our passports, or just the ones with stamps? Seems a bit ridiculous to send photocopies of blank passport pages...?

AOS Timeline

7th Oct 2013 - Mailed I-485 package

15th Oct 2013 - NOA1 hard copy

4th Nov 2013 - RFE

8th Nov 2013 - Biometrics

13th Jan 2014 - USCIS confirmed receipt of returned RFE evidence

27th Jan 2014 - Received EAD card

Feb 2014 - Received potential interview waiver letter

19th July 2014 - AOS approved, green card in production :D

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

With our petition, we're sending a photocopy (front and back) of my fiance's birth certificate as proof of his US citizenship. As part of the evidence of us having met, we're including photocopies of stamps in both of our passports - for these do we need to photocopy every page of our passports, or just the ones with stamps? Seems a bit ridiculous to send photocopies of blank passport pages...?

I know it seems ridiculous, but I would go for it; in fact, we did it that way. Passport pages are numbered, so having them all photocopied made sense.

If the USC is a USC by birth, you can JUST send the passport (even the blank pages). No need to send the birth certificate! good.gif

It's up to you!

Timeline

Lol thanks guys. I didn't think about how they might think we're hiding something, good point! *sigh* The stress of putting this petition together is just unbelievable! And it sounds like this process doesn't get any easier after filing!

The things we have to do for our love :/

AOS Timeline

4th Nov 2013 - RFE

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Argh!!! I only did the pages with the stamps on!! Luckily I didnt send mine yet! Good thing I looked on here first! LOL! :wacko:

MY PROPOSAL AT WRESTLEMANIA 28, FL

♥ Love Timeline ♥

11/11/2003 ~ We met online on a wrestling forum & MySpace promoting the same music band

14/07/2005 ~ Lost contact with each other :(

10/05/2010 ~ We got back in contact, re-establishing our friendship

25/06/2010 ~ Confessed our love for one another, officially a couple! ^_^

29/03/2011 ~ Flew to the USA to meet each other for the first time in Atlanta, GA

10/10/2011 ~ Flew to the USA for a surprise visit in her hometown of Chattanooga, TN

14/01/2012 ~ Flew to TN for a medical emergency; she was hospitalised

23/03/2012 ~ Flew to TN to take her for her first holiday to Miami, FL

29/03/2012 ~ Proposed to her in front of her favourite WWE wrestler CM Punk, she said YES!!!

♥ K-1 Timeline ♥

29/05/2012 ~ I-129f Sent

14/06/2012 ~ NOA1 Received (VSC)

??/??/???? ~ NOA2 Received

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

The only thing more ridiculous would be to risk a 3-8 week delay for an RFE in order to save 11 pieces of paper. Copy every page.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Lol thanks guys. I didn't think about how they might think we're hiding something, good point! *sigh* The stress of putting this petition together is just unbelievable! And it sounds like this process doesn't get any easier after filing!

The things we have to do for our love :/

Argh!!! I only did the pages with the stamps on!! Luckily I didnt send mine yet! Good thing I looked on here first! LOL! :wacko:

Just an experience from a K1 who is now done with applications and never had an RFE--

We did not include all pages of our passports for proving trips. (Yes, if you don't have a birth certificate the instructions clearly say the whole passport will substitute to prove citizenship. But Lucy has a birth certificate for proving US citizenship in their application.)

For the proof of meeting section, I submitted only pages that showed trips to the UK and his pages that showed Houston. And one from each showing entering Czech Republic same time.

I wrote below each photocopied page:

This is a true copy of my passport

[signature] [Date]

Uk fiance just signed and dated his stamp pages.

I don't get the "hiding something" thoughts. You are proving meeting within a specific timeframe. It doesn't matter if you went to Pittsburgh, Paris, or Portugal five years ago on holiday. That and blank pages do not prove meeting. I vote you don't need the blank pages when you are only showing meeting in person.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

For the proof of meeting section, I submitted only pages that showed trips to the UK and his pages that showed Houston. And one from each showing entering Czech Republic same time.

I wrote below each photocopied page:

This is a true copy of my passport

[signature] [Date]

Uk fiance just signed and dated his stamp pages.

I don't get the "hiding something" thoughts. You are proving meeting within a specific timeframe. It doesn't matter if you went to Pittsburgh, Paris, or Portugal five years ago on holiday. That and blank pages do not prove meeting. I vote you don't need the blank pages when you are only showing meeting in person.

I agree. I sent a copy of my husbands birth certificate and only the pages from our passports that had the stamps, we didn't write anything on the pages or sign them. I made it clear the number of visits we had done and included travel information which correlated with the stamps. We did not get an RFE.

Just to be on the safe side, I included a photocopy of by BC(front and back) and all pages of my passport to prove my citizenship. In my "evidence of meeting" section, I included duplicate copies of the passport stamp pages. This might be overkill, but it gave me peace of mind.

Our K-1 and AOS Journey

05/12-05/22/10-met my sweetheart and family(had lots of fun!)
12/13-12/26/11-met again for engagement/Christmas
04/10/12-I-129F petition sent
04/13/12-USPS delivery confirmation
04/18/12-NOA1 text/email
04/21/12-NOA1(receipt 04/17/12)
10/10/12-NOA2 text
10/15/12-NOA2 letter received
10/27/12-NVC letter received
11/28/12-Medical Exam-PASSED
12/07/12-K-1 Interview-APPROVED

02/12/13-POE-Atlanta
03/04/13-Wedding
03/27/13-AOS,EAD,AP delivered
04/03/13-NOAs text/email
04/08/13-NOAs received
04/26/13-Biometrics appointment(walk-in done 04/17)

06/03/13-EAD card production/AP post decision approval

06/10/13-EAD/AP combo card received

04/04/14-AOS card production/decision

04/11/14-NOA2 welcome to the USA

04/12/14-Received GC

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

When I filed the I-129F I included a copy of my birth certificate and only the passport stamps. No RFE.. Good Luck lucy884 :)

event.png

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

If he is including a copy of his birth certificate to prove citizenship, then he only needs to send in the pages with the stamps on them for proof you met in person within the last 2 years. He can include a copy of his bio page as well, to show they came from his passport. The requirement for copying all the pages of the passport is if you are using the passport in place of the birth certificate as proof of being a USC. The requirement is not for showing passport stamps.

Like others that posted in this thread, I only sent copies of the pages that showed the stamps in my passport because I included a copy of my birth certificate to prove I am a USC. Approved with no RFE.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

It's good to hear from those of you who only included the passport stamps for 'proof of meeting' and didn't get an RFE! That was the only part I was saying was ridiculous, the blank passport pages for proving we met. I can understand if it was for my fiance's proof of citizenship, but I did say we've copied his birth certificate for that!

Thanks guys, you're all so helpful :star: I can't wait til I'm at the stage where this is all past us and I can advise new people rather than being a newbie asking all the questions!

AOS Timeline

4th Nov 2013 - RFE

• 5 years later...
On 5/8/2012 at 9:56 AM, tru_loves_journey said:

When I filed the I-129F I included a copy of my birth certificate and only the passport stamps. No RFE.. Good Luck lucy884 :)

ufff almost panicked. i recently sent my I-129F and included my birth certificate for proof of citenzenship and proof of meeting only passport stamps. Thank you . relieved. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Thread from 2012 is now closed to further comment.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.