TucsonBill

CSC Sending applicatoins direct to embassies?

31 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
I thought this thread would clear up my questions but boy am I wrong! :whistle:

Got my NOA2 in the mail, cool! :yes: But here's where it gets foggy, "This petition has been approved, and forwarded to the listed consulate." What listed consulate, they didn't list a consulate??? Maybe they mean the consulate I requested? The service center lady said call the NVC. Called the NVC man, and he said that from the wording on my petition, they seemed to have bypassed NVC, cause normally they write, "This petition has been approved, and forwarded to NVC", and to call USCIS and they should be able to tell me which consulate it was forwarded to. I also asked him if petitions ever go directly to the Consulate and he said sometimes. By that time the service center was closed, so will have to wait till the next chance I get to call them.

Well anyway it sounds all well and great to me! :P

So what is the answer to this??? My NOA2 mentions nothing about going to NVC (like many others have said). Mine says "forwarded to the listed consulate." I did ask to be expedited but mine sat for almost 2 1/2 months before approved but maybe when they got to it and read my expedite request they then sent directly to consulate. It would be really nice to know the answer to this.

9-21-06: express I-129F to CSC

9-22-06: signed for at CSC

9-25-06: check cashed

9-26-06 NOA1

9-26-06: Touched

9-30-06: NOA1 received

12-14-06: Touched

12-14-06: NOA2 (said approved and mailed on December 13, 2006)

12-16-06: Received hard copy of NOA2 via snail mail

12-25-06: NVC receives petition approval

12-27-06: Forwarded to Embassy

01-06-07 Called Embassy and received interview date of January 19, 2007.

01-19-07 Visa approved (I flew down for interview)

01-23-07 Flew back to Las Vegas

01-27-07 Married

04-12-07 Overnighted AOS

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.