TucsonBill

CSC Sending applicatoins direct to embassies?

31 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

I really find it hard to believe that the NVC would be skipped. That is where they do the FBI checks on the beneficiary and surely that is an important part of the process. I think a foreigner's background and intent is as important as the validity of their relationship.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
I really find it hard to believe that the NVC would be skipped. That is where they do the FBI checks on the beneficiary and surely that is an important part of the process. I think a foreigner's background and intent is as important as the validity of their relationship.

Background checks on K1 level - not always..that's mroe for AOS or CR-1 or K-3s.

NVC processes all approved immigrant visa petitions after they are received from Citizenship and Immigration Services in the Department of Homeland Security (CIS) and retains them until the cases are ready for adjudication by a consular officer abroad. Petitions may remain at NVC for several months or for many years depending on the visa category and country of birth of the visa applicant. When an applicant's case is about to become current (a visa number is likely to be available within the year), the petition is forwarded to the appropriate U.S. embassy or consulate overseas.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/ty...types_1309.html

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
Background checks on K1 level - not always..that's mroe for AOS or CR-1 or K-3s.

NVC processes all approved immigrant visa petitions after they are received from Citizenship and Immigration Services in the Department of Homeland Security (CIS) and retains them until the cases are ready for adjudication by a consular officer abroad. Petitions may remain at NVC for several months or for many years depending on the visa category and country of birth of the visa applicant. When an applicant's case is about to become current (a visa number is likely to be available within the year), the petition is forwarded to the appropriate U.S. embassy or consulate overseas.

I have read somewhere on the State Dept website before that due to the AOS intent of a K-1 visa holder these visas are treated as immigrant visas which is probably where I came up with the assumption that they would go to NVC.

I don't think we'll ever get anywhere close to understanding USCIS's processes and procedures - it all appears to be hit and miss!!

Edited by michellek1976

I just checked the USCIS web site to see if they had any new policies regarding visa applications or processing procedures. There is nothing new, so I would continue to assume that the process is unchanged. Your application once approved is forwarded to the National Visa Center (NVC) which does it's background check and when finished it sends it to the appropriate U.S. embassy. It is also at the NVC when the new case number is assigned. The case numbers reference the embassy that has juridiction over your case.

So, the rumors are just rumors, without any backing of truth.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Background:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=36573

Some people have been told that some I-129F applications are going out from CSC straight to the foreign embassy. I would like to know how many people have actually had this happen. Another person says they called the CSC (misinformation line) and this info was confirmed. Is this something new? Any ideas?

Again, I'd like to know who has actually had this happen.

Bill

are they being given their case number?

Yes, when I called NVC on 27 Sept., they gave me the case number BNK##########. They also told me it would be going out that same day and I was able to track a package from Portsmouth to the embassy leaving on the very day they told me it would. Sounds like pretty complelling evidence that my petition did indeed to through NVC. :yes:

Randy

6/14/06 - I-129f packet ready to send

6/15/06 - Decided to delay sending and use new form when available

6/28/06 - Finally mailed to Nebraska Service Center

7/20/06 - NOA1

9/20/06 - Touched for the very first time

9/21/06 - Email NOA2 wooohhooo faster than we had hoped for

9/25/06 - Snail Mail NOA2

9/25/06 - Received at NVC, verified with phone call

9/27/06 - Sent to embassy in Bangkok! Hoping my love will be here for the holidays!!!

9/30/06 - Arrived at embassy and waiting for packet 3

10/24/06 - Finally recieved packet 3

11/22/06 - Packet 3 sent to BKK embassy

11/24/06 - Embassy received packet 3

01/08/07 - Received packet 4 from BKK embassy

01/29/07 - Embassy Interview

01/30/07 - VISA in hand!!

02/05/07 - Returning to states with POE @ SFO

04/05/07 - Filed AOS

04/13/07 - NOA for I-485

06/15/07 - Biometrics

03/25/08 - Interview Date

04/04/08 - GC Received

I just checked the USCIS web site to see if they had any new policies regarding visa applications or processing procedures. There is nothing new, so I would continue to assume that the process is unchanged. Your application once approved is forwarded to the National Visa Center (NVC) which does it's background check and when finished it sends it to the appropriate U.S. embassy. It is also at the NVC when the new case number is assigned. The case numbers reference the embassy that has juridiction over your case.

So, the rumors are just rumors, without any backing of truth.

and it's been said on here that at the K1 level or any level, there are not necessarily background checks, only case numbers assigned. It even says so in my earlier post from the DOS!

devilette,

K1 and K3 are treated the same. I can't point to anything specific at the moment. For sure there is some kind of 'name check' that is done, and I believe that the check is initiated by the NVC to save time. Before 9/11 if the consulate did not have the result back within a certain period of time (it may have been 60 days?) they could assume no negative result and issue the visa. After 9/11 that changed and a result is now required before the visa can be issued.

The quote you give here is specific to immigrant visas and does not address the issue of background checks?

Yodrak

Edited by Yodrak

I talked to NVC and they say all go through their office prior to going to embassies.

I talked to CIS today and I get the real impression that they have no clue. Absolutely clueless.

At the same time they are well coached. I tried everything short of being mean to get some help.

I even asked: I am sure you want to be helpful because you say you do. Please tell me how you can be helpful? She was dumbfounded when she realized she couldn't. What is the point? Why does it take 30-60 days just to mail something?

Met Tita 2004-10-31

I-129F Sent 2006-03-22 - Tita Arrives 2007-03-14 (360 days total)

Civil Marriage 2007-03-23

Catholic Ceremony in Philippines January 2011

Applied for Citizenship May 02, 2012

Citizenship Oath Election Day November 6, 2012

Hoping to retire in Philippines 2022

Glory to God in all things for his Timeline is always perfect

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
I even asked: I am sure you want to be helpful because you say you do. Please tell me how you can be helpful? She was dumbfounded when she realized she couldn't. What is the point? Why does it take 30-60 days just to mail something?

LOL!!! :lol: Psychology!!!! "No, no....you really do want to help me! Trust me, you do!" I am totally going to try this approach!!! :D

2-14-2006- Engaged on a snowy night in Kiev

2-19-2006- Filed I129F

2-23-2006- NOA1 generated-REJECTED- (they said no fee attached, but I sent THE SAME CHECK back)

3-13-2006- NOA1 generated, reciept date of application

6-2-2006- (Sasha's bday) Transferred to CSC

6-14-2006- Recieved at CSC

6-23-2006- RFE generated IMBRA

6-30-2006-RFE recieved and returned by me.

7-8-2006-RFE recieved by CSC

7-11-2006-"touched" I just figured this out!!! ;)

8-3-2006 - Touched!

8-4-2006 - Touched again!

8-6-2006 - Touched again again!

8-25-2006 - Touched! Its been almost three weeks since the last one...forgot how that felt!

9-7-2006- Touched...but only because I called. :( So dissapointed right now....

9-8-2006- Touched...a real one...not because I called. Hope it actually means something like it did for Gary!

9-11-2006-APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9-12-2006-Touched again today...to NVC?

9-16-2006-NOA2 recieved in mail

10-4-2006-Petition sent to NVC

10-21-2006-Touched??? #######?!?

10-25-2006-Touched again??

10-27-2006-NVC case received!

10-30-2006-NVC sent case to Consulate in Kiev!!! Come come on hurry up!!!

11-30-2006-Interview...PASSED!

12-8-2006-arriving together at Portland International Airport!!!

1-25-2007-MARRIED!

3-6-2007-Filed EAD, AP, and I485

3-13-2007-NOA1's for all of the above. ONE year exactly from NOA1 of 129f. ;)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

LOL!!! :lol: Psychology!!!! "No, no....you really do want to help me! Trust me, you do!" I am totally going to try this approach!!! :D

.. and we all wonder how come the CSC cannot operate like the VSC in the shipping department!!

Last week when I called the USCIS the guy on the phone while nice told me that the NVC does get approved cases. So I said good bye and came to the quick conclusion that the USCIS has no clue about approved cases.

I wish the CSC had a direct number for service.

I-751 10yr Green Card

01-07-10 Approval Letter for the 10yr Green Card

01-15-10 Production Email Regarding the Green Card from USCIS

01-28-10 Green Card received from USCIS

US Citizenship

10-19-10 Mailed N-400 packet to Texas via Priority Mail

10-22-10 Packet was delivered after being forwarded to Dallas

10-27-10 Check was finally cashed by USCIS

10-30-10 I-797C Notice of Action (NOA) Received

11-02-10 RFE Text Message, and Email Received (Must be the Biometrics)

11-08-10 Biometrics Letter Received for 11/17/2010

11-17-10 Biometrics was done with in five minutes of reaching at 8:00am

12-06-10 Testing, and Interview email status received via email from USCIS with information to expect a letter shortly with appoinment time.

1-13-11 Interview Passed with form N-652 checked [box A] with congrats you have been recommended for finally approval.

1-13-11 USCIS JAX officer said the Oath letter will come in two or three months.

2-23-11 Oath Ceremony Letter was received for March 17th for 9am in the GNV Federal Court House

3-17-11 Oath Certificate was received at the oath ceremony, and appointment made for US passport for Monday 3-21-11.

devilette,

K1 and K3 are treated the same. I can't point to anything specific at the moment. For sure there is some kind of 'name check' that is done, and I believe that the check is initiated by the NVC to save time. Before 9/11 if the consulate did not have the result back within a certain period of time (it may have been 60 days?) they could assume no negative result and issue the visa. After 9/11 that changed and a result is now required before the visa can be issued.

The quote you give here is specific to immigrant visas and does not address the issue of background checks?

Yodrak

No, it doesn't Yodrak. But when mine & several others went thru NVC, it was in & out in 3 days. How can that be time for a BG check when USCIS takes AGES to do anything? Surely NVC gets an even larger volume of petitions? Also, several CR-1 people get stuck here for months, that would be for BG checks (I would think anyhow)?

It does address that they process approved petitions & retains until they are ready for adjudication. See bolded.

devilette,

Immigrant visa petitions spend months at the NVC because the NVC initiates the visa application process for all consulates, collecting the fee, the DS-230-I, and the I-864, and screening them, before sending the cases on to the consulate for interview. For some consulates the NVC collects all of the documentation for the case before sending it to the consulate, and schedules the interview for the consulate.

In addition, the background checks for the K-visa applications are much less extensive than for the immigrant visas - the checks for immigrant visa folks include those that the K-visa folks don't go through until adjustment of status.

The "many years depending on the visa category" part of the section you bolded is because most categories of immigrant visas have a quota and the cases must wait until a visa number becomes available. That is years for many categories.

Yodrak

devilette,

Yodrak

No, it doesn't Yodrak. But when mine & several others went thru NVC, it was in & out in 3 days. How can that be time for a BG check when USCIS takes AGES to do anything? Surely NVC gets an even larger volume of petitions? Also, several CR-1 people get stuck here for months, that would be for BG checks (I would think anyhow)?

It does address that they process approved petitions & retains until they are ready for adjudication. See bolded.

Edited by Yodrak

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
:pop:

2-14-2006- Engaged on a snowy night in Kiev

2-19-2006- Filed I129F

2-23-2006- NOA1 generated-REJECTED- (they said no fee attached, but I sent THE SAME CHECK back)

3-13-2006- NOA1 generated, reciept date of application

6-2-2006- (Sasha's bday) Transferred to CSC

6-14-2006- Recieved at CSC

6-23-2006- RFE generated IMBRA

6-30-2006-RFE recieved and returned by me.

7-8-2006-RFE recieved by CSC

7-11-2006-"touched" I just figured this out!!! ;)

8-3-2006 - Touched!

8-4-2006 - Touched again!

8-6-2006 - Touched again again!

8-25-2006 - Touched! Its been almost three weeks since the last one...forgot how that felt!

9-7-2006- Touched...but only because I called. :( So dissapointed right now....

9-8-2006- Touched...a real one...not because I called. Hope it actually means something like it did for Gary!

9-11-2006-APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9-12-2006-Touched again today...to NVC?

9-16-2006-NOA2 recieved in mail

10-4-2006-Petition sent to NVC

10-21-2006-Touched??? #######?!?

10-25-2006-Touched again??

10-27-2006-NVC case received!

10-30-2006-NVC sent case to Consulate in Kiev!!! Come come on hurry up!!!

11-30-2006-Interview...PASSED!

12-8-2006-arriving together at Portland International Airport!!!

1-25-2007-MARRIED!

3-6-2007-Filed EAD, AP, and I485

3-13-2007-NOA1's for all of the above. ONE year exactly from NOA1 of 129f. ;)

Background:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=36573

Some people have been told that some I-129F applications are going out from CSC straight to the foreign embassy. I would like to know how many people have actually had this happen. Another person says they called the CSC (misinformation line) and this info was confirmed. Is this something new? Any ideas?

Again, I'd like to know who has actually had this happen.

Bill

are they being given their case number?

Yes, when I called NVC on 27 Sept., they gave me the case number BNK##########. They also told me it would be going out that same day and I was able to track a package from Portsmouth to the embassy leaving on the very day they told me it would. Sounds like pretty complelling evidence that my petition did indeed to through NVC. :yes:

Randy

Alright! I believe that the petitions are going to NVC as most do. BUT, if you look at RANDY's post which I have added on, We were NOA2 approved on the same date 9/20/06 and also went throught he same NSC to CSC! It is hit and miss like IMBRA RFE dates at CSC and approvals!!! Who the heck is running this show?

• 1 month later...

I thought this thread would clear up my questions but boy am I wrong! :whistle:

Got my NOA2 in the mail, cool! :yes: But here's where it gets foggy, "This petition has been approved, and forwarded to the listed consulate." What listed consulate, they didn't list a consulate??? Maybe they mean the consulate I requested? The service center lady said call the NVC. Called the NVC man, and he said that from the wording on my petition, they seemed to have bypassed NVC, cause normally they write, "This petition has been approved, and forwarded to NVC", and to call USCIS and they should be able to tell me which consulate it was forwarded to. I also asked him if petitions ever go directly to the Consulate and he said sometimes. By that time the service center was closed, so will have to wait till the next chance I get to call them.

Well anyway it sounds all well and great to me! :P

NOA1 - 12/21/15

NOA2 - 04/18/16

NVC Receive - 04/29/16

NVC Welcome - 05/13/16

DS-261 - 05/14/16

AOS, IV PAID - 05/27/16

DS260 done - 06/10/16

Case Transferred to US Embassy in Riga Latvia at the end of October.

If you really want it, you'll find a way!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.