TucsonBill

CSC Sending applicatoins direct to embassies?

31 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Background:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=36573

Some people have been told that some I-129F applications are going out from CSC straight to the foreign embassy. I would like to know how many people have actually had this happen. Another person says they called the CSC (misinformation line) and this info was confirmed. Is this something new? Any ideas?

Again, I'd like to know who has actually had this happen.

Bill

I-129f Journey:

2006-07-17 I-129F sent to CSC

2006-07-24 NOA1 (received)

2006-10-05 RFE (received)

2006-10-06 RFE (returned to CSC)

2006-10-23 NOA2

2007-01-29 Visa Approved!

2007-02-17 Ceremony in Thailand

2007-02-21 POE LAX - Fiance and her daughter enter the USA together, Easy-Peasy!

2007-03-05 Wedding in USA

AOS Journey:

2007-06-07 AOS for spouse and daughter sent

2007-06-16 NOA's arrive, (issued on the 13th)

2007-07-05 Biometrics

2007-07-13 Received RFE (Mailed on July 3rd)

2007-08-06 Returned RFE

2007-10-16 Interview date

2007-10-27 Green Cards Received!

ROC (I-751) Journey:

2009-07-24 Joint I-751 for spouse and daughter sent

2009-08-03 Received NOA1 dated 7/27/09

2009-08-03 Received Receipt and one year extension for wife

2009-08-03 Received "Verification Of Incusion Of A Dependent" for step-daughter

2009-08-27 Biometrics

2009-11-13 Green Cards Received

Citizenship Journey:

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Background:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=36573

Some people have been told that some I-129F applications are going out from CSC straight to the foreign embassy. I would like to know how many people have actually had this happen. Another person says they called the CSC (misinformation line) and this info was confirmed. Is this something new? Any ideas?

Again, I'd like to know who has actually had this happen.

Bill

are they being given their case number?

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I have called the USCIS toll free number three times on the same day and spoke with three different representatives and got three different answers to the same question. This is the question I asked: “Do K-1 visa petitions go to the National Visa Center before being sent to the foreign embassy”? The first representative told me all K-1 visa petitions are sent to the National Visa Center. The second representative told me none of the K-1 visas were sent to the National Visa Center but are sent directly to the foreign embassy. The third representative I spoke to said some of the petitions are sent to the National Visa Center and some are sent directly to the foreign embassy.

Junior (Alabama, USA) Mary Grace (Philippines)

AOS transferred to CSC April 11, 2007

I-485 approval notice October 5, 2007

:bonk: my head hurts! But i am glad this thread is posted. I have noticed the same thing and I wish we could get a definative answer.

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

When I called USCIS they said they have nothing to do with the interview process and that my petition has likely been forwarded to the embassy in Manila, Philippines but they really don’t know where my petition is right now. Their classic answer to any question you ask is to call back in 30 days. When I call the U.S. Embassy in Manila they say “we don’t have your file and we suggest you contact USCIS and ask them about your petition”. When I call USCIS back they tell me “give it 30 days and call the U.S. Embassy in Manila”. I have no idea where my petition is right now.

Junior (Alabama, USA) Mary Grace (Philippines)

AOS transferred to CSC April 11, 2007

I-485 approval notice October 5, 2007

All approved petitions go to NVC and sit there until a case number is assigned.

Read here: http://usembassy.state.gov/manila/wwwh3225.html

While K1 and K3 are non-immigrant visas, they are processed by the Immigrant Visa Unit of the US Embassy in Manila.

Edited by PatientlyWaiting

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Why can't the service centers update our file online once it's been mailed off - stating when and where it is heading? Wouldn't that alleviate a lot of back and forth of trying to figure out where the paperwork went? :unsure:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Well i have talked to a person directly from CSC and she said all k-1 petitions go to NVC before being forwarded to the embassy.

After calling 3 times today and talking to 2 differant people i got the same information and my petition has been sitting there in the mail room since 9/6 and was finally sent to the NVC on 10/2.

I was told to wait about 2 weeks for the NVC to get it in the system and then call and get my embassy case number.

The only petitions that i know of that go to the embass's straight from the uscis are expedited and i-129 worker visa's.

Perhaps the person's that you are talking to at the USCIS misinformation line is giving you info about another type of visa.

And if you try to tell them you know someone that was sent faster than you they, tell you they cant comment on any other case because each case is differant from the next.

If you will look at all the other people that have been sent to the embassy al;ready you will see that noone has been sent straight to the embassy ,they all have been to the NVC and have gotten there embassy case number.

Edited by gobdogman

phili.gifflorida.gif

Cheap long distance---> http://www.talkloop.com/ref/ref.aspx?l=D145D6D060D5688 FREE $2.50 credit

If you will look at all the other people that have been sent to the embassy al;ready you will see that noone has been sent straight to the embassy ,they all have been to the NVC and have gotten there embassy case number.

This is the only fact we do know regarding this- no one that was told their case was being sent directly to the embassy/consulate has gotten confirmation that it occured. Until someone posts otherwise I assume gobdogman is right, but my head still hurts :bonk:

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

Timeline

Gary posted this before they had a change of plans:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=35489

Now I'm wondering if this is a good enough 'confirmation' (as it is stated in the USCIS issued NOA2 notification), or just another administrative error.

Gen

P.S. My head hurts too.

Timeline

Well as you can see gary decided to abandon his petition for reason unknown to all of us and therefor we will never know if his petition was sent to the embassy.

I really doubt that they can bypass the NVC process.

The NVC is the aprt of the process that gives out embassy case numbers and they also do further background checks on the petitioner.

I will wait and see if someone has proof there case went directly to a embassy, but i seriously doubt that happens.

Patiantly waiting has been around here for a long time and i am sure she has never seen any instances of a petition being sent directly to the embassy unless it was an expedited petition.

phili.gifflorida.gif

Cheap long distance---> http://www.talkloop.com/ref/ref.aspx?l=D145D6D060D5688 FREE $2.50 credit

Well i have talked to a person directly from CSC and she said all k-1 petitions go to NVC before being forwarded to the embassy.

After calling 3 times today and talking to 2 differant people i got the same information and my petition has been sitting there in the mail room since 9/6 and was finally sent to the NVC on 10/2.

I was told to wait about 2 weeks for the NVC to get it in the system and then call and get my embassy case number.

The only petitions that i know of that go to the embass's straight from the uscis are expedited and i-129 worker visa's.

Perhaps the person's that you are talking to at the USCIS misinformation line is giving you info about another type of visa.

And if you try to tell them you know someone that was sent faster than you they, tell you they cant comment on any other case because each case is differant from the next.

i agree with gobdogman. the NVC assigns the case number to a I-129f, not the Service Center. operators at NVC won't have any information about the petition until a case number has been assigned to it. people who were told otherwise must have been misinformed.

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

Patiantly waiting has been around here for a long time and i am sure she has never seen any instances of a petition being sent directly to the embassy unless it was an expedited petition.

Yup, never heard of anybody being sent directly from USCIS to embassy.

In any case, why is the CSC sitting on approvals for 4 weeks or longer? That seems ludicrous.

This might answer your question (taken from NVC FAQs)

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/ty...types_1309.html

Why don't you have my case at NVC yet?

When you complete a petition (I-130, I-140, etc.) for an immigrant visa you send it to Citizenship and Immigration Services in the Department of Homeland Security for approval. If the CIS approves the petition they will send you a Notice of Approval (I-797) and then they will send the petition to NVC. There is a delay between when you get the Notice of Receipt and the Notice of Approval from CIS and also between when you get the Notice of Approval and when NVC receives the petition. After NVC receives the petition, we will create a case record and assign a case number. We recommend that you wait at least three weeks after you get your Notice of Approval before calling NVC if you have not heard from the Center by that time.

Edited by PatientlyWaiting

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.