smurfette71

I need some help Please I am filing I751

4 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Ok here goes, Our 2 year GC expires, 08/22/2012, so I counted 90 days back and came up with 05/25/2012. ANYONE PLEASE VERIFY THIS? :help:

Ok next my USA Hubby is filing the I751(completed filled out) for me(spouse) and two step sons, we all came here on CR1 and CR2.

QUESTION Part 1 is the ALIEN NAME?? part 4 is the USA citizen MY HUSBAND? part 5 is my children from canada that usa hubby filed I130 and have condition GC as well?

QUESTION : who signs where on PART 7? is the alien (GC HOLDER) the top line and USA citizen(husband) signature of spouse?

Question? Can we all go one SAME i751 form? (saves A LOT of money). can anyone tell me what that fee would be for all of us on same form if we can?? i came up with $760.00 for myself and two more dependants (if we can be one same I751).

ANYONE please confirm same total?????

NEXT, My last name on the 2yr GC was my maiden name as my canadian Passport had my maiden name so USA immigration kept it this way and just added married name as AKA, I now have changed all my ID and got new Canadian passport with married name, and want my new 10 year card to show married name is there another form for this or HOW do I do that?

NEXT: MY evidence of a bonafide marriage is this:

-a copy of our WILLS

-Some Family photos from Vacations and holiday functions

-copy of Health insurance and bank cards

-copy of a couple rent receipts, (waiting for previouys landlord to write a letter stating we lived there)

-copy of 2009.2010,2011 Income tax 1040 sheet

-copy of previous and present vehicle insurance policy

-copy of Canadian RRSP showing spouse's name listed

-copy of home insurance addressed to both of us

-copy of a letter from IRS addressed to both of us

- currently waiting for 3 affidavits from 2 USA citizens (father in-law who lives with us and a friend to spouse and I) and 1 Canadian citzen (family friend) sworn that our relationship is in good faith and that we live as man and wife and children.

-copy of bank statement showing both names

IS THERE ANY THING ELSE I NEED

PLEASE let me know any ideas

greatly appreciated

DO I Need to send copies of our new Canadian passports as we all got new passports as our expired

or copies of them? (proving I have changed my last name)

NEXT:

what should my hubby cover letter read?

NEXT:

-copies of our Alien cards front and back for each of us

NEXT: The Fees?

NEXT: Criminal History (is this done on the aliens) or USA citizen and where do I get this done?

NEXT: what if the biometrics appt is while my children are away for the summer in Canada?

Next: how is this submitted? we send by courier to the address supplied do We submitted it in folder type with all evidence attached, and in order?

NEXT: is there ANYTHING we are missing or should GET for evidence, please let me know we greatly appreciate all suggestions and are very thankful for all help, I am sorry if I sound a bit clueles in this, can not help it This is over whelming, and gets the best of my BRAIN. :dance::bonk:

So if We are missing anything or should get more of something please let me know,

Thank you so very much (F)

SMURFIN AWESOME!!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Ok here goes, Our 2 year GC expires, 08/22/2012, so I counted 90 days back and came up with 05/25/2012. ANYONE PLEASE VERIFY THIS? :help:

Use this calculator: http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html - your earliest date to file is 5/24. your petition cannot be received by USCIS earlier than this date - if it does, they will send it back. I would send 5/25 or a couple of days later just to be on the safe side.

Ok next my USA Hubby is filing the I751(completed filled out) for me(spouse) and two step sons, we all came here on CR1 and CR2.

QUESTION Part 1 is the ALIEN NAME?? part 4 is the USA citizen MY HUSBAND? part 5 is my children from canada that usa hubby filed I130 and have condition GC as well? Correct.

QUESTION : who signs where on PART 7? is the alien (GC HOLDER) the top line and USA citizen(husband) signature of spouse?

You sign the first line on part 7, the your US Citizen husband signs the second one (for spouse)

Question? Can we all go one SAME i751 form? (saves A LOT of money). can anyone tell me what that fee would be for all of us on same form if we can?? i came up with $760.00 for myself and two more dependants (if we can be one same I751).

Yes, you can all be on one form IF your children got their green cards concurrently with you and they arrived in the US within 90 days of your arrival. if this is true, then yes, $760 is correct (read the i-751 instructions esp the part on who is eligible to file).

NEXT, My last name on the 2yr GC was my maiden name as my canadian Passport had my maiden name so USA immigration kept it this way and just added married name as AKA, I now have changed all my ID and got new Canadian passport with married name, and want my new 10 year card to show married name is there another form for this or HOW do I do that?

You can put the name you want to use (married name in this case) on part 1 of i-751. Then put your maiden name in part 3.

-a copy of our WILLS

-copy of a couple rent receipts, (waiting for previouys landlord to write a letter stating we lived there)

-copy of 2009.2010,2011 Income tax 1040 sheet - Dont forget to include W-2 with these OR order IRS transcripts

- currently waiting for 3 affidavits from 2 USA citizens (father in-law who lives with us and a friend to spouse and I) and 1 Canadian citzen (family friend) sworn that our relationship is in good faith and that we live as man and wife and children.

greatly appreciated

Your list looks good. Any other joint financial? loans together? shared vehicle ownership? Shared credit card?

DO I Need to send copies of our new Canadian passports as we all got new passports as our expired

Don't think this is necessary..

NEXT:

I would actually write the cover letter to be from BOTH of you - this is a petition that you are filing jointly.

Just say attached please find i-751 petition to remove conditions and list the documents you are enclosing.

Then you both sign at the bottom. That should be sufficient.

NEXT:

NEXT: The Fees? see above

NEXT: Criminal History (is this done on the aliens) or USA citizen and where do I get this done? On the alien.

NEXT: what if the biometrics appt is while my children are away for the summer in Canada? They need to come back for the bio. Either come back for the original appointment or try re-scheduling.

Next: how is this submitted? we send by courier to the address supplied do We submitted it in folder type with all evidence attached, and in order?

United states postal service should be fine - we sent ours express (just so we can have delivery confirmation)

Edited by engineer21
AOS 05/08/10 - sent05/14/10 - receipt date on NOAs - transferred to National Benefits Center06/14/10 - Biometrics Done - Lawrence, MA (original appt)07/26/10 - Interview - APPROVED!!07/30/10 - Welcome letter rec'd (notice date: 07/26)08/05/10 - Green Card (&EAD) Received! - 2 months and 28 days total!ROC 04/28/12 - ROC package sent05/03/12 - check cashed05/04/12 - NOA1 received - dated 05/01/1206/07/12 - Biometrics done02/07/13 - Approved (status update via text msg)02/14/13 - Ten year Green card receivedNaturalization07/26/13 - eligible (90 day window opened 4/27/13)02/24/14 - N-400 sent to Dallas03/04/14 - Check cashed & case accepted (update via txt & email)03/10/14 - Biometrics appt letter rec'd (scheduled for 03/28/13)03/28/14 - Biometrics done04/01/14 - In line for interview 04/03/14 - Case status change to scheduled for interview04/10/14 - interview letter rec'd 5/13/14 - interview 6/3/14 - in line for oath 6/30/14 - Scheduled for oath

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Use this calculator: http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html - your earliest date to file is 5/24. your petition cannot be received by USCIS earlier than this date - if it does, they will send it back. I would send 5/25 or a couple of days later just to be on the safe side.

QUESTION Part 1 is the ALIEN NAME?? part 4 is the USA citizen MY HUSBAND? part 5 is my children from canada that usa hubby filed I130 and have condition GC as well? Correct.

You sign the first line on part 7, the your US Citizen husband signs the second one (for spouse)

Yes, you can all be on one form IF you and your children got your green cards all at the same time, and you all arrived in the US together. if this is true, then yes, $760 is correct (read the i-751 instructions).

Yes, you put the name you want (married name in this case on part 1 of i-751. Then put your maiden name in part 3.

-a copy of our WILLS

-copy of 2009.2010,2011 Income tax 1040 sheet - Dont forget to include W-2 with these OR order IRS transcripts

greatly appreciated

Your list looks good. Any other joint financial? loans together? shared vehicle ownership? Shared credit card?

Don't think this is necessary..

NEXT:

I would actually write the cover letter to be from BOTH of you - this is a petition that you are filing jointly.

Just say attached please find i-751 petition to remove conditions and list the documents you are enclosing.

Then you both sign at the bottom. That should be sufficient.

NEXT:

NEXT: The Fees? see above

NEXT: Criminal History (is this done on the aliens) or USA citizen and where do I get this done? On the alien.

NEXT: what if the biometrics appt is while my children are away for the summer in Canada? They need to come back for the bio. Either come back for the original appointment or try re-scheduling.

United states postal service should be fine - we sent ours express (just so we can have delivery confirmation)

Oh thank you so very much I truly appreciate your help and now I think I am close to being ready,

Do you have any suggestions on what my 3 affivadits should read as my friends and family are asking me, I am not really sure?

thank you again

SMURFIN AWESOME!!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

No problem :)

Take a deep breath and try not to stress about it.

If you go back to "Removing Conditions on Residency General Discussion" topic listing, there is a pinned topic (2nd from the top) for this ROC process.

If you go to that topic the first thing in there is 2 links, one to the guides and the other to the FAQs.

In the FAQ section there is an example of affidavits.

Good luck!

:guides:

AOS 05/08/10 - sent05/14/10 - receipt date on NOAs - transferred to National Benefits Center06/14/10 - Biometrics Done - Lawrence, MA (original appt)07/26/10 - Interview - APPROVED!!07/30/10 - Welcome letter rec'd (notice date: 07/26)08/05/10 - Green Card (&EAD) Received! - 2 months and 28 days total!ROC 04/28/12 - ROC package sent05/03/12 - check cashed05/04/12 - NOA1 received - dated 05/01/1206/07/12 - Biometrics done02/07/13 - Approved (status update via text msg)02/14/13 - Ten year Green card receivedNaturalization07/26/13 - eligible (90 day window opened 4/27/13)02/24/14 - N-400 sent to Dallas03/04/14 - Check cashed & case accepted (update via txt & email)03/10/14 - Biometrics appt letter rec'd (scheduled for 03/28/13)03/28/14 - Biometrics done04/01/14 - In line for interview 04/03/14 - Case status change to scheduled for interview04/10/14 - interview letter rec'd 5/13/14 - interview 6/3/14 - in line for oath 6/30/14 - Scheduled for oath

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.