w¡n9Nµ7 §£@¥€r

SMALL PLANE CRASHES INTO BUILDING ON NYC'SUPPER EAST SIDE...

55 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Drudge reporting:

'NO REASON TO BELIEVE EVENT IS TERRORISM'

I had to laugh at that. These days the news agencies automatically have to throw terrorism in there anyway - regardless of whether or not its a blatant accident.

Hard to imagine terrorists planning (from afar) to invest millions of dollars and several years planning simply to blow up Joe Schmoe in his apartment :lol:

Well... I think a lot of people in NYC who actually witnessed today's crash kind of automatically feared it might be a 9/11-repeat and they ran for the hills asap, even though, logically speaking, it doesn't make sense that terrorists would invest all that money and time into planning something not-all-that-destructive. Later on, when it was clearer that it was an accident, people started gathering around and gawking at watching the fire, police, etc. I was watching CBS and the anchorwoman was getting really upset at what she saw because it reminded her of 9/11. I think the news announced that, in part, to keep people in the area calm, or at least that's how I took it.

Even if it weren't a plane crash, say... a train derailment or a gas explosion, for example, newscasters always have to "rule out" terrorism.

Edited by erekose

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does this mean the NY Yankees are now part of the Axis of Evil?

Edited by Caladan

AOS

-

Filed: 8/1/07

NOA1:9/7/07

Biometrics: 9/28/07

EAD/AP: 10/17/07

EAD card ordered again (who knows, maybe we got the two-fer deal): 10/23/-7

Transferred to CSC: 10/26/07

Approved: 11/21/07

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Hard to imagine terrorists planning (from afar) to invest millions of dollars and several years planning simply to blow up Joe Schmoe in his apartment :lol:

Really, why would a terrorist want to blow up Joe Schmoe in his apartment when he can

blow up Joe Schmoe in a restaurant, café or commuter bus (which is something that

terrorists do every day in various parts of the world)? As for the idea that any such

"operation" requires millions of dollars in investment.... what a load of #######.

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Filed: Timeline

I found this on wnbc.com, thought it was interesting. If this article is accurate, then US Northern Command gave the order to get fighter jets in the air after he saw the crash on TV! On TV..... our military is now getting its cues from cable TV.

The crash of the small plane was an accident, not terrorism. But in the moments after it happened, no one knew for sure. And the military apparently wasn't taking chances.

The head of the U.S. Northern Command said dozens of fighter jets took to the skies not only over New York, but also the nation's capital and other cities. They include places thousands of miles from the crash scene, like Los Angeles.

According to Admiral Timothy Keating, planes were flying "less than 10 minutes" after he gave the order when he saw the crash on TV. Within half-an-hour, he said military brass knew it probably wasn't terrorism. Officials plan to continue the patrols for an unspecified period of time, after which the fighters will stay on high alert.

The U.S. Northern Command was created after Sept. 11, 2001. Keating said they were better prepared now than on that day.

http://www.wnbc.com/news/10058517/detail.html

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Really, why would a terrorist want to blow up Joe Schmoe in his apartment when he can

blow up Joe Schmoe in a restaurant, café or commuter bus (which is something that

terrorists do every day in various parts of the world)? As for the idea that any such

"operation" requires millions of dollars in investment.... what a load of #######.

Hence... joke. An single apartment building is a less than stellar target for terrorists who want to go out in a blaze of glory. Why bother with Trump Tower, The Empire State Building or the Citigroup Building when you can take out Flat 2-F, Nelson Mandela House :rolleyes:

Its irrelevant anyway as this has nothing to do with terrorism - as much as the kneejerk reaction that for anything (whatsoever) that goes wrong, whether by the hand of God or bog-standard human error, terrorism has to be ruled out. Its silly.

Edited by erekose

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

before th accident I've never heard of this Lidle guy... wow.. death makes u famous..

rip poor dude

El Presidente of VJ

regalame una sonrisita con sabor a viento

tu eres mi vitamina del pecho mi fibra

tu eres todo lo que me equilibra,

un balance, lo que me conplementa

un masajito con sabor a menta,

Deutsch: Du machst das richtig

Wohnen Heute

3678632315_87c29a1112_m.jpgdancing-bear.gif