Acherugo

financial forms

15 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

If the petitioner does not meet financial requirements of 125%, but the sponsor does...do both the petitioner and the sponsor need to fill out the forms i-864 & i-134?

If God be for us, no one can be against us!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

If the petitioner does not meet financial requirements of 125%, but the sponsor does...do both the petitioner and the sponsor need to fill out the forms i-864 & i-134?

yes, both for each. 134 for K and 864 for AOS.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

If the petitioner does meet the income requirement, then they can get a co-sponsor. The petitioner is still the primary sponsor though, and they must fill out an I-134. The co-sponsor fills out their own separate I-134, and they both provide their most recent tax transcript, letter from employer and a few months worth of their most recent pay stubs. The co-sponsor must also provide proof of being a USC or LPR. The co-sponsor will have to qualify on their own for their household size plus the beneficiary.

I-134 is used at most consulates for the K-1 visa, and the I-864 is used for AOS once in the US and married. There are a small amount of consulates that ask for the I-864, so you should check with your consulate instructions or the regional forum. Filling in your timeline information can help people get you better answers as well.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

Great so if only applying for K-1 right now, then only do the i-134? Also, Is there any other financial forms that need to be done by sponsor?

Timeline

Great so if only applying for K-1 right now, then only do the i-134? Also, Is there any other financial forms that need to be done by sponsor?

My post above just told you what both the petitioner and co-sponsor need to provide.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

If the petitioner does meet the income requirement, then they can get a co-sponsor. The petitioner is still the primary sponsor though, and they must fill out an I-134. The co-sponsor fills out their own separate I-134, and they both provide their most recent tax transcript, letter from employer and a few months worth of their most recent pay stubs. The co-sponsor must also provide proof of being a USC or LPR. The co-sponsor will have to qualify on their own for their household size plus the beneficiary.

I-134 is used at most consulates for the K-1 visa, and the I-864 is used for AOS once in the US and married. There are a small amount of consulates that ask for the I-864, so you should check with your consulate instructions or the regional forum. Filling in your timeline information can help people get you better answers as well.

Just noticed I left out the word 'not'. If the petitioner does NOT meet the income requirement... but you got the gist of it anyway :blush:

THANK YOU MUCH!

You are welcome!

Timeline

For the tax transcripts...what forms exactly?

W-2?

Form 1040a?

It is best to get a tax return transcript from the IRS. They are free, and you do not have to worry about what to include to make sure your tax returns are complete. All you need is the tax transcript from the IRS.

You can order them online, or call the number listed there on the page: http://www.irs.gov/individuals/article/0,,id=232168,00.html

If you DO send in copies of your own return, you need to include the 1040, all schedules, attachments, W-2s and/or 1099s. The return must be complete.

Edited by Jay-Kay

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Belarus
Timeline

I also suggest finding out if the embassy your are going to accepts co-sponsor for the I-134. If you list your country, I imagine VJ members will tell you if they do or do not. Good luck.

PS: Go with the return transcript.

Edited by Reyan

Timeline

I also suggest finding out if the embassy your are going to accepts co-sponsor for the I-134. If you list your country, I imagine VJ members will tell you if they do or do not. Good luck.

PS: Go with the return transcript.

:thumbs:

Timeline

WHen filling out my I-134...it doesn't ask other income like child support...but I noticed on the future form I-864, it does reference it. Considering my sponsor is the adequate support for my fiance requirements, should I list it the child support?

Timeline

WHen filling out my I-134...it doesn't ask other income like child support...but I noticed on the future form I-864, it does reference it. Considering my sponsor is the adequate support for my fiance requirements, should I list it the child support?

If you want to include income from child support, then add it together with the other income and put a total there for annual income. You must provide proof of child support with a court order, and it couldn't hurt to show bank statements that prove the child support is deposited each month according to the stipulations of the court order.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.