SPM

I'M HOME WITH MY LOVE!!

16 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

:dance: YEEES!! FINALLY I MADE IT!! :dance::dance::dance:

I AM WITH MY LOVE!!! WE ARE HAVING A GREAT TIME!

I ARRIVED ON OCT-07, MY POE WAS GOOD. SLOW BUT IT WAS OK.

At the time I arrived there were about 5 planes arriving at the same time at Dulles Airport, so the line for customs were way too looong, about 1:30 hours in the line. I was interviewed by the officer, who just saw and opened the misterious yellow envelope, he was a quiet man, not questions at all, he just instructed me to pick up my luggage and go to another room, where I waited about half an hour to be attended, and I was just given my passport with the I-94 stamped, not questions at all, just " go ahead, everything is ok" so I was like..... :blink: is that it? and the officer: yes :yes: that is it.

So that was it, I did not have any question about my luggage (6 heavy suitcases) :o

Then I went out and meet my love!! Yeess!! so sweet!! :luv::luv:

Today I got my vaccines, it was fast and easy. I am doing my SSN next week.

Good Look To Everyone!! :thumbs:

Susy :star:

The opinions offered above are merely opinions.

03/22/06- NOA1

04/06/06- NOA2

06/30/06- "USCIS received case back from the Department of State for further review" email notification

07/06/06- RFE email notification

07/19/06- RFE received by USCIS email notification

08/07/06- NOA2 (again)

08/11/06- NVC sent to consulate, received I-797C Notice of Action confirming case is approved (snailmail)

08/14/06- Consulate receives approved petition

08/29/06- Interview

08/31/06- Visa Approved !!!

10/07/06- Arrived US with my Love !

10/11/06- Vaccines done

115336319257169.gif

Congratulations on making it through your journey! Sounds like you're POE went smoothly. One question, how come you didn't have to have your vaccinations BEFORE you entered the USA? I just had mine this morning, and my understanding was that I had to have the vaccinations and/or record to the panel physician next week. This all had to be done prior to my Consulate interview. Do you know? Just curious, too late for me now!

Carla (F)

carlahmsb4.gif

Timeline
Congratulations on making it through your journey! Sounds like you're POE went smoothly. One question, how come you didn't have to have your vaccinations BEFORE you entered the USA? I just had mine this morning, and my understanding was that I had to have the vaccinations and/or record to the panel physician next week. This all had to be done prior to my Consulate interview. Do you know? Just curious, too late for me now!

Carla (F)

Felicidades Susy!

Carla, vaccinations are not necessary for the K1 interview - only for AOS in the US so some people wait and do them in the US.

congratulations, happy reunion :luv:

Najia

Married: August 2005

Enter USA: July 2007

Removing condition

5/13/09 : sent I-751 package to Vermont Center

check cashed : 5/22//09

NOA1 received : 5/26/09

Biometric Letter dated 5/29/09

Biometric Appointment: 6/25/09

touched: 6/26/09

9/30/09: got an email from USCIS. Production of the card has been ordered.

10/07/09: Got 10 years GC in mail

Apply for citizenship:....

Filed: Timeline
Carla, vaccinations are not necessary for the K1 interview - only for AOS in the US so some people wait and do them in the US.

The vaccinations are necessary for the K1 interview in Canada. Is there somewhere that it says they are not?

Congratulations Susy!!

Edited by Krikit
iagree.gif

Timeline

The vaccinations are necessary for the K1 interview in Canada. Is there somewhere that it says they are not?

Congratulations Susy!!

Krikit,

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/ty...tml#Vaccination

As a fiancé(e), you are not required to fulfill this requirement at the time of your medical examination for a fiancé(e) visa. However, you may want to do so. These vaccinations are required when you adjust status following your marriage.

Filed: Timeline
Krikit,

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/ty...tml#Vaccination

As a fiancé(e), you are not required to fulfill this requirement at the time of your medical examination for a fiancé(e) visa. However, you may want to do so. These vaccinations are required when you adjust status following your marriage.

:( That would have saved me a whole lot of worry about trying to get the vaccination form for the AOS. I wonder why they told us we needed it at the medical? Oh well. It'll all work out in the end. Thanks Kitkat.

iagree.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Congrats :D

PEGGY & ROGER

3dflagsdotcom_canad_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

K-1/K-2 VISA'S APPROVED IN MONTREAL MAY 2, 2005

K-1/K-2 AOS APPROVED IN ATLANTA MAY 17, 2006

10 year GC Approved - APRIL 16th ,2009 - Peggy and Jonathan's......

Still waiting for our cards...Had to file I-90 as they sent them to the wrong address.

March 9th, 2010, Received GC that has been lost in the mail for 10 months. Still waiting for my son's that is lost as well.

Filed Waiver for my son's 10 year GC and it was approved. He finally received his GC after its been missing for 2 years.

Thanking God this is over for 10 years.

Congratulations and love your new home!!!

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Trinidad & Tobago

4-18: I-129F Sent

4-25: I-129F NOA1

6-23: I-129F RFE

8-27: Sent RFE Reply

9-15: I-129F NOA2 FINALLY!!! Thanks be to you lord!

9-19: NOA2 by postmarked in snail mail (rcvd' around the 22nd)

10-12: Received e-mail from the NVC stating they recently forwarded our petition to the consulate! =)

10-17: Consulate received petition from NVC and mailed out packet 3 & 4

10-25: Johann collects Packet 3 & 4 from embassy!

10-27: Return information to the embassy!

11-7: Received Packet 4

11-28: INTERVIEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE DID IT~ APPROVED

12-1: Visa Picked up from Embassy

12-23: Johann is coming to the STATES! Yay!

3-17: It's a GREEN Wedding!!!

picture051ay0.th.jpg

"Though miles may lie between us, we're never far apart, for friendship doesn't count the miles, it's measured by the heart."

- Rozina Hasham

americanflagyj1.th.giftrinidadflagmf1.th.gif[/font][/color][/font]

Thanks kitkat for the vaccination information. The forms I did receive with my package 3 from the Vancouver Consulate didn't really give me an option though. Matter of fact, it said I have to have them completed and bring proof of vaccinations to the US Civil Surgeon performing my medical prior to my interview. This was as well bolded. I'm glad I had them done here however, because they were free. I also won't have to go running around getting them after I'm married! I only worry about that supplemental form for which it sounds like tons of people here have problems getting it filled out/transferred without having a full physical. The US doctors don't seem like they care what the directions say!

Carla (F)

carlahmsb4.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.