jenni and sami

Where is packet 3, and what is packet 4?

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi All,

Looking at people's timlines, and at the guides has got me a little confused. We were approved by CSC on the 7th of Sept, and then sent on to NVC. We then got an email a couple of weeks later saying we were received at NVC, and would be sent on to the embassy in London. Since then we have heard nothing. We are both freaking out a little as we'd really hoped to be together for Thanksgiving (almost certainly not possible now), or at least for Christmas (looking less and less likely).

I'm just trying to ascertain how long the whole thing might take from here, and whether I should book a trip to see my lady whilst I'm waiting, so I was wandering if people could advise on the following:

a) How long should I wait before worrying that packet 3 hasn't arrived. Seems like most people get theirs in a month, to a month and a half or so from NOA2 date. Is this still accurate? The embassy tells me they can't give me any info until they have issued a reference number and got me in their system. Surely if I don't hear something soon they should be able to check that it was at least received?

B) What is packet 4? I can't find info on this in any of the guides, yet it appears on people's timelines. Is this the communication of when the interview date will be? Is it more forms that I will need to fill out? SHould I make sure I am in the country when it arrives?

c) When do you get to know your interview date? I can see from timelines roughly when you can expect to be interviewed (i.e. 8-12 weeks after the embassy receives your stuff), but do you get an interview date soon after returning packet 3, or do you only find out the actual date much nearer the interview time?

Many thanks for any advice you can give.

Sami

Filed: Timeline
Hi All,

Looking at people's timlines, and at the guides has got me a little confused. We were approved by CSC on the 7th of Sept, and then sent on to NVC. We then got an email a couple of weeks later saying we were received at NVC, and would be sent on to the embassy in London. Since then we have heard nothing. We are both freaking out a little as we'd really hoped to be together for Thanksgiving (almost certainly not possible now), or at least for Christmas (looking less and less likely).

I'm just trying to ascertain how long the whole thing might take from here, and whether I should book a trip to see my lady whilst I'm waiting, so I was wandering if people could advise on the following:

a) How long should I wait before worrying that packet 3 hasn't arrived. Seems like most people get theirs in a month, to a month and a half or so from NOA2 date. Is this still accurate? The embassy tells me they can't give me any info until they have issued a reference number and got me in their system. Surely if I don't hear something soon they should be able to check that it was at least received?

B) What is packet 4? I can't find info on this in any of the guides, yet it appears on people's timelines. Is this the communication of when the interview date will be? Is it more forms that I will need to fill out? SHould I make sure I am in the country when it arrives?

c) When do you get to know your interview date? I can see from timelines roughly when you can expect to be interviewed (i.e. 8-12 weeks after the embassy receives your stuff), but do you get an interview date soon after returning packet 3, or do you only find out the actual date much nearer the interview time?

Sami

Email the consulate with your case # & ask if they have receieved your case. Thay may or may not reply.

Look here: http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/inde...&cty=London

Check the UK timelines for estimates (around 9 weeks from NOA2->interview now):

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/k1list...om&dfile=No

packet 4 is your interview date.

Edited by devilette

Hi All,

Sami

Email the consulate with your case # & ask if they have receieved your case. Thay may or may not reply.

Look here: http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/inde...&cty=London

Check the UK timelines for estimates (around 9 weeks from NOA2->interview now):

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/k1list...om&dfile=No

packet 4 is your interview date.

How did you find out the e-mail address for inquiries at your embassy???

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Trinidad & Tobago

4-18: I-129F Sent

4-25: I-129F NOA1

6-23: I-129F RFE

8-27: Sent RFE Reply

9-15: I-129F NOA2 FINALLY!!! Thanks be to you lord!

9-19: NOA2 by postmarked in snail mail (rcvd' around the 22nd)

10-12: Received e-mail from the NVC stating they recently forwarded our petition to the consulate! =)

10-17: Consulate received petition from NVC and mailed out packet 3 & 4

10-25: Johann collects Packet 3 & 4 from embassy!

10-27: Return information to the embassy!

11-7: Received Packet 4

11-28: INTERVIEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE DID IT~ APPROVED

12-1: Visa Picked up from Embassy

12-23: Johann is coming to the STATES! Yay!

3-17: It's a GREEN Wedding!!!

picture051ay0.th.jpg

"Though miles may lie between us, we're never far apart, for friendship doesn't count the miles, it's measured by the heart."

- Rozina Hasham

americanflagyj1.th.giftrinidadflagmf1.th.gif[/font][/color][/font]

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

I think the contents and distribution of packets 3&4 vary from embassy to embassy. Here in Ghana packet 3 was the part I bio form and checklist to sign and return. Once we handed that in we got packet 4, which was the medicals instructions and info on what to gather to bring for the interview as well as the interview date.

--------------------------

Becoming a U.S. Citizen

2/15/10 Sent N-400 packet via Fedex to Lewisville TX

2/19/10 Received text message and email notification of application received, check cashed

2/27/10 Received biometrics appointment letter

3/19/10 Biometrics appointment

3/25/10 Received email notice that case will be sent for interview scheduling at local office

3/26/10 Received yellow letter asking to being more tax records/info to interview

3/27/10 Received interview letter (dated 3/24/10)

4/28/10 Interview appointment

6/5/10 Received oath letter (dated 6/1/10)

6/29/10 Oath ceremony date

Filed: Timeline
I think the contents and distribution of packets 3&4 vary from embassy to embassy. Here in Ghana packet 3 was the part I bio form and checklist to sign and return. Once we handed that in we got packet 4, which was the medicals instructions and info on what to gather to bring for the interview as well as the interview date.

They do, but I replied as both the OP & myself are at the UK consulate....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi Jeni and Sami. We also were approved at CSC on 7th September.

I received my package 3 from London Embassy on Monday 9th October so you should chase it up.

I hope it arrives it the next few days for you.

Missy

6/05/06 - Mailed off the I29f

06/20/06 - Cheque cashed

7/07/06 - Still not received NOA1. Call CSC. They have input our address incorrectly. Give them the correct details. Also find out what our case number is from them so can check for touches!

07/13/06 - Receive RFE

07/26/06 - Email confirmation they have RFE

07/27/06 - Touched

08/23/07 - Call CSC to find out where NOA1 is and what date was on it. As it was sent to the wrong address it came back as undeliverable. They will not send it out again unless we send them a written request. However date was;

06/09/06 - NOA1

09/07/06 - NOA2 email confirmation

09/28/06 - NVC say they have sent details to US Embassy in London

12/09/06 - Sent back packet 3 recorded delivery

10/30/06 - Medical

11/06/06 - Interview confirmed 1st December!

01/17/07 - Wedding booked in Vegas

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.