PalestineMyHeart

Dr. Suess's Hate Film

39 posts in this topic

I do say what I want to say. And I post whatever I like. Same as you :thumbs:

true.....just don't get your knickers in a twist when ppl go ####### was that all about??? :wacko:

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

I do say what I want to say. And I post whatever I like. Same as you :thumbs:

true.....just don't get your knickers in a twist when ppl go ####### was that all about??? :wacko:

I'll have you know that my knickers are just as properly aligned as they were when I put them on this morning.

*humph*

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I'll have you know that my knickers are just as properly aligned as they were when I put them on this morning.

*humph*

Too much information :lol:

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

I don't believe he did win an Academy Award for that -- that film was directed by another personal with a fluffy reputation - Frank Capra.

He won his oscar for a short called Hitler Lives and a documentary called Design for Death -- a documentary on the Japanese that's almost as bad

90day.jpg

As I see it, this is a propoganda film not intended to incite violence against the German people, but to keep the allied troups from becoming too involved on the ground in post war Germany.

Sure some of the language is inflametory, but no one at the time could know how dangerous it would be for the allies during the transition period from war to peace and using the language of the time, did their best to ensure that the troups remained safe.

It's an interesting film in many ways, as many propoganda films are. I don't think you can easily extrapolate from this that the writers/directors were racist. I guess some of you just haven't seen many of the government sponsored films from that time.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Racist? I thought the only people who thought the Germans were a race were....the Nazis...? Sure it's propaganda, typical of the era and ridiculous. But how is this a hate film?

To be completely honest, though, when I have met elderly Germans I have felt very uncomfortable. Obviously I have some prejudices of my own.

Filed: Timeline
Racist? I thought the only people who thought the Germans were a race were....the Nazis...? Sure it's propaganda, typical of the era and ridiculous. But how is this a hate film?

To be completely honest, though, when I have met elderly Germans I have felt very uncomfortable. Obviously I have some prejudices of my own.

Have you considered sensitivity training? :P

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

HA.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

HA.

i'll schedule it right after your "rights of cupcakes" seminar ;)

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

I agree. :thumbs:

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

And let us not forget that the Germans no doubt had their fair share of propaganda during WWII too. However, I don't feel the need to be offended by it 51 years later...nor bring it up.

I have nothing against the Germans, what's done is done, life goes on, you can't hold a whole nation of people responsible for something that happened 50 odd years ago.

Yes, no doubt there are similarities to things going on now...but that's all they are. You can look at your whole life and see similarities in everything. We are all human, therefore we all have the same potential failings...or positives.

Edited by mags

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
It is sometimes not possible to apply modern values and perspective to an historic occurance - different times and places create different contexts. It is important to view things in their historical perspective. It doesn't necessarily 'excuse' them, but it goes a long way to explaining them.

That would be a moral relativist argument - for those who care about such things.

50 years was not that long ago (i.e. still in living memory) - still it stands to reason that if you don't give Joseph Goebbels the benefit of the doubt, its hard to justify it in this case.

Racism was certainly more overt then than it is now.

It's not a hate film. What's wrong with teaching your troops to be alert?

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

It's not a hate film. What's wrong with teaching your troops to be alert?

You don't think it was a little bit much? I mean, do you see this sweet little old German woman at the ho-down? Well, don't be fooled, she's just another one of them Germans who will cause the eventual death of your son with their plans for world domination... Maybe they could have left it at "trust no one".