PalestineMyHeart

Dr. Suess's Hate Film

39 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

Written by Theodore Geisel (better known as Dr. Suess.) He actually won an Academy Award for this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfg-RSOMFmQ...ted&search=

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Could you explain how it is racist to say "keep careful watch on that country (and nationals thereof) we just defeated in war"?

2005/07/10 I-129F filed for Pras

2005/11/07 I-129F approved, forwarded to NVC--to Chennai Consulate 2005/11/14

2005/12/02 Packet-3 received from Chennai

2005/12/21 Visa Interview Date

2006/04/04 Pras' entry into US at DTW

2006/04/15 Church Wedding at Novi (Detroit suburb), MI

2006/05/01 AOS Packet (I-485/I-131/I-765) filed at Chicago

2006/08/23 AP and EAD approved. Two down, 1.5 to go

2006/10/13 Pras' I-485 interview--APPROVED!

2006/10/27 Pras' conditional GC arrives -- .5 to go (2 yrs to Conditions Removal)

2008/07/21 I-751 (conditions removal) filed

2008/08/22 I-751 biometrics completed

2009/06/18 I-751 approved

2009/07/03 10-year GC received; last 0.5 done!

2009/07/23 Pras files N-400

2009/11/16 My 46TH birthday, Pras N-400 approved

2010/03/18 Pras' swear-in

---------------------------------------------------------------------

As long as the LORD's beside me, I don't care if this road ever ends.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

It is sometimes not possible to apply modern values and perspective to an historic occurance - different times and places create different contexts. It is important to view things in their historical perspective. It doesn't necessarily 'excuse' them, but it goes a long way to explaining them.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline
Could you explain how it is racist to say "keep careful watch on that country (and nationals thereof) we just defeated in war"?

Now Sriniv that's not quite "all" it says.

Here's a small sampling of some of the more repugnant lines (of course you can't get the additional impact of the film's sneering tone without listening to the audio):

… the German states combined, serving notice to all that their religion was higher… that their God was blood.
The German lust for conquest is not dead. It’s merely gone undercover.
They believe they were born to be masters, that we are inferiors; designed to be their slaves. They may deny it now, but they believe it, and they will try to prove it again.
Someday the German people might be cured of their disease. The “Super Race” disease. The “World Conquest” disease. But they must prove that they have been cured, beyond the shadow of a doubt, before they ever again are allowed to take their place among respectable nations.

and my personal favorite -- about the KIDS:

Guard particularly against this group -- these are the most dangerous: German youth. Children when the Nazi party came into power, they know no other system than the one that poisoned their minds. They’re soaked in it. Trained to win by cheating. Trained to pick on the weak.

Ironically, the film goes on to make this statement:

They were brought up on propaganda -- the worst educational crime in the history of the world.

He wrote one about the Japanese, too -- haven't seen it yet, but I hear it's not as vicious and doesn't attempt to smear the entire Japanese people.

Edited by wife_of_mahmoud

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

al Nakba 1948-2015

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

It's bad because it's like saying a child of a murderer has to be punished for his parents actions. It's like the people nowadays who claim that all muslims were terrorists. It is simply wrong to judge a group by some individuals. I expected more from a Dartmouth graduate.

AOS

8-4-2006 Date of NOA's

1-4-2007 Green Card in mail

Removal of conditions

9-29-2008 I-751 delivered to CSC

12-29-2008 Green Card ordered :)

Citizenship

10-15-2011 Package sent to NSC

10-17-2011 NOA Priority Date

11-25-2011 Biometrics done

11-29-2011 In line for interview scheduling... woohoo!

12-20-2011 Interview scheduled ...received letter 3 days later

01-24-2012 Interview & Oath

Done!

It is sometimes not possible to apply modern values and perspective to an historic occurance - different times and places create different contexts. It is important to view things in their historical perspective. It doesn't necessarily 'excuse' them, but it goes a long way to explaining them.

I couldn't have said it better .... :thumbs:

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I couldn't have said it better .... :thumbs:

Just what I was thinking. This was made in 1945...over 50 years ago. WW2 had just (or was about to be) finished, emotions were high, the German's were hated by the Allies etc. It simply doesn't apply now. You can't really bring this up unless it is for some historical significance only. You can't play the hate/racism card for this...it's a bit late.

Alot has happened in 50 years y'know.

Edited by mags

If you think it's that offensive, why would you link it to a public site to draw further attention to it?

I-751 Submitted August 2008

RFE Nov. 5, 2008 for incorrect fee

Nov. 6, 2008 Package returned to VSC with correct fee

NO COMMUNICATION FROM USCIS WHATSOEVER!

August 29, 2009 Letter of Intent to start removal proceedings

August 31, 2009 Letter and Phone with Congressman's office

Sept. 3, 2009 Infopass

Sept. 4, 2009 New I-751 submitted with another fee

Sept. 25, 2009 I-797C NOA received with 1 year extention dated Sept. 14, 2009

Oct. 2, 2009 NOA2 Biometrics Letter Appointment received

Oct. 9, 2009 Biometrics

Oct. 12, 2009 Updated on USICS website

Jan. 12, 2010 RFE

Feb. 2, 2010 RFE Returned

Feb. 4, 2010[/b ]RFE Received by USCIS

Feb. 19, 2010 EMAIL, TEXT & WEB UPDATE! CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED! Hallelujah!

Feb. 22, 2010 Second Email and text stating card production ordered.

Feb. 24, 2010 Email and Text stating Approval notice mailed.

Feb. 25, 2010 Approval letter I-797C dated 2/19/2010 received.

Feb. 27, 2010 Green Card arrived!! Envelope postmarked 2/23

Vintage Gifts & Upcycled Art!

Timeline

Of course it's a film made just after World War II when "emotions" were high. That doesn't make it any less racist.

Terrible things were done to native Americans, black people, Japanese people and more in the past -- right here in the U.S. But that's no reason to say "Oh well we can't talk about it now. It was just the way things were then."

It's important to confront history, lest you be doomed to repeat it. (The original quote is much better but I disremember it right now -- someone here can provide it, I am sure.) And there are parallels from this film that could be drawn to "certain" current perceptions about "certain" groups of people.

Anyway, I think one of the main reasons that it's fascinating is because it was written by.... (of all people!!!) .... DR. SUESS :blink:

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

al Nakba 1948-2015

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
snip...

Anyway, I think one of the main reasons that it's fascinating is because it was written by.... (of all people!!!) .... DR. SUESS :blink:

yeah, who would have thought that the guy was actually... well.. you know.... human. Complete with human feelings and emotions. Why that ripe bastage! :angry: How dare he!

ppl all over make stupid mistakes. Some are doomed to repeat them because they dont learn. at all. ever.

Others will pick themselves up and move on, learn from the past, and correct the error.

Only history being learned will dictate which side of the fence you fell off on.

James & Sara - Aug 12, 05

Humanity... destined to pass the baton shortly.

Of course it's a film made just after World War II when "emotions" were high. That doesn't make it any less racist.

Terrible things were done to native Americans, black people, Japanese people and more in the past -- right here in the U.S. But that's no reason to say "Oh well we can't talk about it now. It was just the way things were then."

It's important to confront history, lest you be doomed to repeat it (The original quote is much better but I disremember it right now -- someone here can provide it, I am sure.) And there are parallels from this film that could be drawn to "certain" current perceptions about "certain" groups of people.

Then say what you want to say....instead of posting about what Theodore Geisel did 50+ years ago...I just found it confusing as to the reason of the thread....

It is simply wrong to judge a group by some individuals.

the nazi party was more than just 'some individuals'... it was organized and large enough to cause and perpetuate a world war that lasted 6 years

that does not mean that ALL germans, italians or japanese believed what the nazi party believed... but in the wake of the enormous amount of death, it would be foolish to not be watchful and careful

seems to me that in the 51 years since the end of the war, the allies have done much to rebuild germany... not only the damage done by the allies, but also the axis... how long should someone be judged for past actions? at what point do you say, it is history and we cant change what happened, but we can try to make it better?

"True love is falling in love with your best friend,

and only then, will you find the meaning of happiness."

tony_1.gif

Timeline
Then say what you want to say....instead of posting about what Theodore Geisel did 50+ years ago...I just found it confusing as to the reason of the thread....

I do say what I want to say. And I post whatever I like. Same as you :thumbs:

Damn german chopfukcs

LOL that's the ticket :thumbs:

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

al Nakba 1948-2015