lou_7979

Affadivit of Support income

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Hi everyone, I had a general question regarding filling out the AOS for my fiancee. In reading the guidelines, there is a statement that says, "Not having adequate income will not usually be a problem if you have a co-sponsor." While I understand there is no specific income requirments listed for the I-134, what is the minimum salary (generally speaking) the U.S. citizen should be making so that his/her fiancee WON'T be considered a public charge? Only because I work in Education and I don't make that much money (low to mid 30G), so I hope my salary won't be a problem in granting my fiancee a visa. Any advice would help, thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

125% poverty line level. Some Visa interviews consider 100% to be ok. To find out what poverty line is look here: http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/i-864p.htm

Low to mid 30G is over 125% poverty line for 2 to 5 people. You are fine!

Edited by YuAndDan

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

You shouldn't have any worries based on the information you gave. Like the previous poster said, you exceed the guidelines.

Best of luck on your journey :)

WEDDING DAY 05-07-05

RECVD CARD IN MAIL 09-17-05

GAVIN STARTS WORKING 09-19-05

RECVD AOS INTERVIEW LETTER 10-28-05

INTERVIEW IN BOSTON 12-12-05

INTERVIEW SUCCESS & STAMP IN PASSPORT 12-12-05

GREEN CARD RECVD IN MAIL 12-19-05

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS I-751 11-05-07

CHECK CASHED 11-13-07

NOA1 for I-751 11-15-07

APPROVAL FOR I-751 10-06-08

(FOR ANY ADDL INFO SEE MY TIMELINE)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
125% poverty line level. Some Visa interviews consider 100% to be ok. To find out what poverty line is look here: http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/i-864p.htm
Do the same income requirements apply to all immigrant visa applicants even if they use the I-134?

No. The 125 percent minimum income requirement, the need for the most recent year's tax return and other requirements only apply when an I-864 is needed. Applicants using the I-134 will need to show that their sponsor's income is 100 percent of federal poverty guidelines as required under Section 212(a)(4) of the INA.

- http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_1328.html

Some consulates/embassies will require 125% though. It's advisable to check that.

I only offer advice - not even legal. Just the plain and simple kind.

Timeline (incompleta)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

You should be fine, unless you have a bunch of dependants.

Met online April 2004

Went to Mumbai to meet Poonam Sept. 2004

Sept. 2004 thru April 2006 ongoing relationship

Went back to Mumbai April 2006

Engagement April 2006

Nov.-Dec. 2006 went to Mumbai

K-1 Journey*

08-02-06 mailed I-129F

08-15-06 NOA1

08-18-06 touched

10-05-06 NOA2 (51 Days)

10-06-06 touched

10-07-06 touched

10-16-06 Received hardcopy of NOA2 in the mail

10-19-06 NVC received my petition (Please hurry, so she can be here for Christmas)

10-26-06 Received NVC letter stating it was sent to Mumbai (Letter dated 10-23-06)

12-09-06 Never received Packet 3, So we downloaded and sent to embassy

02-02-07 INTERVIEW (Missed 1st interview, waiting on new interview date)

04-02-07 New INTERVIEW Date.

04-02-07 APPROVED !!!!!

04-27-07 ARRIVED IN U.S.

ticker.png

Filed: Timeline

lou,

Maybe you'll be OK, maybe not. You provide only 1 bit of information - your salary - and that's insufficient.

- people in 1st year of 1st job out of school have had problems (no history to support sustainability of current income)

- people in 3rd job in as many years may have a problem (history makes sustainability of current income dubious)

- is your work full-time or part-time?

- 'regular' employee, contract worker, or temp worker?

- how many people are dependent on you for support?

- see 9 FAM 40.41 (Public Charge) Notes and read about 'the totality of the circumstances'.

Yodrak

Hi everyone, I had a general question regarding filling out the AOS for my fiancee. In reading the guidelines, there is a statement that says, "Not having adequate income will not usually be a problem if you have a co-sponsor." While I understand there is no specific income requirments listed for the I-134, what is the minimum salary (generally speaking) the U.S. citizen should be making so that his/her fiancee WON'T be considered a public charge? Only because I work in Education and I don't make that much money (low to mid 30G), so I hope my salary won't be a problem in granting my fiancee a visa. Any advice would help, thanks
Edited by Yodrak

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Yodrak, to answer your questions- I'm a full-time, regular employee, have held the job for 5 straight years, and I only have 1 person (my son) dependent on me. I believe based on the links I received that I should be ok, but if you believe otherwise, let me know. Thanks

-Lou

lou,

Maybe you'll be OK, maybe not. You provide only 1 bit of information - your salary - and that's insufficient.

- people in 1st year of 1st job out of school have had problems (no history to support sustainability of current income)

- people in 3rd job in as many years may have a problem (history makes sustainability of current income dubious)

- is your work full-time or part-time?

- 'regular' employee, contract worker, or temp worker?

- how many people are dependent on you for support?

- see 9 FAM 40.41 (Public Charge) Notes and read about 'the totality of the circumstances'.

Yodrak

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.