missy_antha

Sorry for Daft question but does a female need to fill in DS -157?

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I'm just about to send back packet 3 but I'm unsure as to whether I need to fill in and send back DS-157?

As I'm reading it, it appears that it only needs to be filled in by male visa applicants over 16 years of age not female applicants?

Is that right or have I misunderstood it and every applicant should fill it in who is over 16 years old. Whether male or female?

6/05/06 - Mailed off the I29f

06/20/06 - Cheque cashed

7/07/06 - Still not received NOA1. Call CSC. They have input our address incorrectly. Give them the correct details. Also find out what our case number is from them so can check for touches!

07/13/06 - Receive RFE

07/26/06 - Email confirmation they have RFE

07/27/06 - Touched

08/23/07 - Call CSC to find out where NOA1 is and what date was on it. As it was sent to the wrong address it came back as undeliverable. They will not send it out again unless we send them a written request. However date was;

06/09/06 - NOA1

09/07/06 - NOA2 email confirmation

09/28/06 - NVC say they have sent details to US Embassy in London

12/09/06 - Sent back packet 3 recorded delivery

10/30/06 - Medical

11/06/06 - Interview confirmed 1st December!

01/17/07 - Wedding booked in Vegas

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

What about the form makes you think that?

Even if you don't think it for applies to you, fill it out anyway, Let the embassy decide if it is not needed or not.

Edited by YuAndDan

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Timeline

YuandDan it say on the instructions sheet they sent me;

DS-157, Required of all male K visa applicants aged 16 or over

It says the same thing on the London Embassy Website so I wasn't sure if that meant that only men needed to fill this form out?

06/20/06 - Cheque cashed

7/07/06 - Still not received NOA1. Call CSC. They have input our address incorrectly. Give them the correct details. Also find out what our case number is from them so can check for touches!

07/13/06 - Receive RFE

07/27/06 - Touched

08/23/07 - Call CSC to find out where NOA1 is and what date was on it. As it was sent to the wrong address it came back as undeliverable. They will not send it out again unless we send them a written request. However date was;

06/09/06 - NOA1

10/30/06 - Medical

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Maybe someone going through London will help you with that one. In Brazil, female applicants do have to fill it out, despite it being a form for male applicants.

I only offer advice - not even legal. Just the plain and simple kind.

Timeline (incompleta)

Filed: Timeline

missy_antha,

This is another 'definite maybe', one of many in the world of immigration. Required for males between the ages of 16 and 45, use of DS-157 for females and for males under 16 or over 45 is at the discretion of the consulate.

Yodrak

I'm just about to send back packet 3 but I'm unsure as to whether I need to fill in and send back DS-157?

As I'm reading it, it appears that it only needs to be filled in by male visa applicants over 16 years of age not female applicants?

Is that right or have I misunderstood it and every applicant should fill it in who is over 16 years old. Whether male or female?

Edited by Yodrak

You do not need to send it! I didn't and I have my interview on monday, so pretty sure the 'male only' thing is correct. I think this is just a london thing, so ignore everyone else that says you have to fill it out.

Good luck!

AOS/EAD

11/15/2006 NOA1 for EAD and AOS

12/1/2006 Received RFE Grrrrrrrrr

12/2/2006 Biometrics

12/8/2006 Sent back RFE

1/26/2007 EAD Card Production Ordered

1/31/2007 EAD Card received

3/6/2007 INTERVIEW - FBI namecheck

3/26/2007 NOA1 for AP

4/30/2007 AOS APPROVED

5/7/2007 Green Card Arrived!

-

2/12/09 Mailed Removal of Conditions

3/10/09 Bio Appt

-

Timeline

Thankyou Marie and Mags that is such a relief to have a definitive answer.

I was dreading having to list all the countries I had visited in the last 10 years as I had to travel a lot for my job a few years back and I had visions of forgetting a couple and them bringing up the missing trips at the interview and me getting a big red denied stamped accross my application!!!

I'm skipping to the post office now to post my packet 3 back.

Good luck with the interview Marie.

06/20/06 - Cheque cashed

07/13/06 - Receive RFE

07/27/06 - Touched

06/09/06 - NOA1

10/30/06 - Medical

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.