6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

Hello, my fiance (lives in Algeria) had his interview on March 29th and when the interview ended he was asked what did he expect of the result...and he said the best of course..they said that his visa was accepted and they gave him an appointment to go back on April 9th and get his passport and to get some informations about his duties and right in the USA and he traveled 5 hrs cause Algiers is far to him..when he gets there he was not even allowed to go in cause and they said to him that the appointment was a mistake that his file was not ready yet...I emailed the consulair and they said that his file was sent to Administrative Review and they didnt know the time it will take. I have no idea what happened...how can they make this mistake and didnt even let him know before he got there. It has been a month since the interview and there is no information that they can give me..which is very frustrating and depressing...we even had given them so many of our printed conversations and they said they didnt need it...so I dont know what is going on and why they said it was accepted and then they did this..his criminal background check was clean..i make enough to support him, he has no issues with anyone....i just dont understand...can anyone give me any insight of this or if have had any issues similar to mine?

Thank you so much!

YEAH i understand what you are saying our case is same...heres our story...since filing thw i130 we never had an RFE and went on to NVC no rfe there either we did everything as they instructed..interview on 3.5.12 and we had about 800-1k chat records, telephone bills for 1 yr, pay stubs for 1 yr, all IRS trans scrips, 400 pics of our trips, i made 2 scrap books of our wedding trip and honeymoon trip huge binders, plane tickets, recipts, cards, emails, EVERYTHING!! and he took it there and had to carry all this inside the embassy in hands! the CO had seen all this books and files he had and he ask her 2 times will you like to see any evidences we have she said no everything is ok and handed him the blue 221g slip and said everything looks good ..check this website in 2weeks and follow instructions. When i call thE DOS they said they dont need anything from you and the paper didnt have anything we were missing..and i talked to a laywer and he told me it sounds like we did everything right and there are no red flags in our case..he said its got to be that he is a muslim male between 18-40 and he is in name /background checks and at this point a lawyer cant help you would be waste of money just have to wait ..our only other option would be is to call our congressman in our state or the senator and i have and the congressman told us the same..so now my next step is to have a senator inquire with the embassy about our case. the good news is this when i call the DOS they say they are actively working on the case and it is still pending AP ..im happy to hear they are working on the case and also when i email the embassy i get a response in 2 days and when i put a change of address with the embassy they responded and even the DOS has the update. so all i can see at this point for anyone in AP is WAIT. it sucks and depressing but i was told if everything is legit and there are no problems with anything everything will be ok and he will get visa InshaAllah..so please be patient it is hard to do i kbnow i am in the same situation as you and tried to find answers where there are none as to why we have AP. ..this website is alot of help and there are alot of people in here so kind to answer your questions and help you with anything. i wish you the best and hang in there.

oh we have been in AP now 7 weeks..

we plan on 3-6 month wait

also my husband criminal check from egypt and UAE all clean ..and med check..never neither of us married b4 or ever applied for visa b4 ever

http://www.visajourn...t-all-3-levels/

Alot of Muslim males go through AP and as others have said it can take weeks or months.

The FBI states they complete 80% of the name checks within 2 months and their goal is to complete them all by 4 months.

If you wait longer than 2 months then I suggest contacting your congressman

If a case is in MANDATORY Administrative Processing it usually means name and background checks with FBI

If case is in INTERNAL Administrative processing it usually means background checks, relationship checks or document verification at the embassy.

Both can take a long time.

CALL Department of State DOS-202-663-1225 and press 1 then press 0 and ask them every week the status of your case

• What is Administrative Processing? AP is also called Additional Administrative Processing and is when the applicant is being checked more closely. It can be for security checks which encompass fingerprints and/or name checks or for document verification.

• When does Administrative Processing Happen? AP can happen at any time during your processing. It can happen at a service center, at the NVC level, or at the embassy level. It mainly is discussed here in the forums at the embassy level.

• Who can get Administrative Processing and Why? AP usually affects men and women from certain countries but anyone can get AP. Persons coming from T countries (Terrorist Countries) seem to have more security checks and have to endure AP at the embassy level after their interview. Common names, your nationality, religion, education, relationship of applicant, travels and job can all be factors for AP. Having incomplete or missing documents will also cause a case to be put in AP. In some cases if the embassy does not believe in the validity of the relationship they can investigate it further with a field investigation.

• What are the T-Countries? Although it is classified, the list of countries reportedly affected by these restrictions includes, but is not limited to, Afghanistan,

Algeria, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Djibouti, Egypt,

Eritrea, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya,

Malaysia, Morocco, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Somalia,

Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, Turkey, the United Arab Emirates,

and Yemen. http://www.abil.com/....0Wolfsdorf.pdf This list is complied from an attorney and the list of T-countries can change at any time.

• Can I check the status of my case? The embassy will not in many cases respond to emails until a certain amount of time has elapsed. The best bet is to contact Department of State aka: DOS and ask them for an update bi-weekly. They will not be able to give you details but they can tell you if the case is still pending in AP or cleared.

• DOS information: DOS can be contacted Monday through Friday during business hours. You must have all information concerning your case with you so that they can assist you.

Department of State’s visa Information phone number: 202-663-1225

• Can I expedite this process? The simple answer is NO. No one can expedite the checks since they are considered a matter of National security. An elected official can only make a congressional inquiry on your behalf. They cannot get the checks finished any faster.

• Does AP have any time frame for completion? NO AP can last anywhere from days, weeks, months and in a FEW cases years.

Administrative Processing Frequently Asked Questions

• What is Administrative Processing? AP is also called Additional Administrative Processing and is when the applicant is being checked more closely. It can be for security checks which encompass fingerprints and/or name checks or for document verification.

• When does Administrative Processing Happen? AP can happen at any time during your processing. It can happen at a service center, at the NVC level, or at the embassy level. It mainly is discussed here in the forums at the embassy level.

• Who can get Administrative Processing and Why? AP usually affects men and women from certain countries but anyone can get AP. Persons coming from T countries (Terrorist Countries) seem to have more security checks and have to endure AP at the embassy level after their interview. Common names, your nationality, religion, education, relationship of applicant, travels and job can all be factors for AP. Having incomplete or missing documents will also cause a case to be put in AP. In some cases if the embassy does not believe in the validity of the relationship they can investigate it further with a field investigation.

• What are the T-Countries? Although it is classified, the list of countries reportedly affected by these restrictions includes, but is not limited to, Afghanistan,

Algeria, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Djibouti, Egypt,

Eritrea, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya,

Malaysia, Morocco, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Somalia,

Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, Turkey, the United Arab Emirates,

and Yemen. http://www.abil.com/....0Wolfsdorf.pdf This list is complied from an attorney and the list of T-countries can change at any time.

• Can I check the status of my case? The embassy will not in many cases respond to emails until a certain amount of time has elapsed. The best bet is to contact Department of State aka: DOS and ask them for an update bi-weekly. They will not be able to give you details but they can tell you if the case is still pending in AP or cleared.

• DOS information: DOS can be contacted Monday through Friday during business hours. You must have all information concerning your case with you so that they can assist you.

Department of State’s visa Information phone number: 202-663-1225

• Can I expedite this process? The simple answer is NO. No one can expedite the checks since they are considered a matter of National security. An elected official can only make a congressional inquiry on your behalf. They cannot get the checks finished any faster.

• Does AP have any time frame for completion? NO AP can last anywhere from days, weeks, months and in a few cases years.

Anyone that happens to be given a 221(g) or Administrative Processing letter must be patient and let them do their work. Do not call constantly and ask about your case. Remember each time your case is moved it can then end up at the bottom of the stack and your time can be extended. Each case is different so you cannot judge your case by any other and each consulate/embassy may have a different average time for completion of AP

Certain countries the applicants get their visa's immediately or shortly after their interview via a courier without much delays. Men especially coming from certain countries have to endure more security checks than someone coming from a country like Greenland. The nationality of the applicant causes AP in a good bit of the cases. AP can also be to verify documents that are submitted and to verify the information that is on the application.

All applicants have to endure security checks before the visa is issued.

At the time of the interview fingerprints are scanned and checked in some cases the results are immediate. Then the names are run in many data bases besides the FBI and in some cases (the name checks are done prior to the interview (BUT NOT WITH THE T COUNTRIES). This is why some countries the visa's are issued quicker.

At the counselor stage three security checks are run on all applicants

1. Condor

2. Mantis

3. NCIC

If the applicant has technology, job or schooling that could be a threat to the USA their information is sent off for more security checks triggering AP.

T-COUNTRIES:

Although there is no official list, the list of countries reportedly affected by these restrictions includes, but is not limited to, Afghanistan, Algeria, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Djibouti, Egypt, Eritrea, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Malaysia, Morocco, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, Turkey, the United Arab Emirates, and Yemen.

These countries are considered to have terrorist ties and must endure more stringent security checks.

http://***removed***...php?t-3779.html

I hope this help you and gives you an idea of what your dealing with..and that everyone almost is going through this process from every country, but most from MENA..look here at the MENA FORUM and read up a little.

http://www.visajourn...d-north-africa/

you can also call the DOS DEPARTMENT OF STATE WITH YOUR CASE NUMBER CALL 202-663-1225 WHEN THE RECORDING COMES ON PRESS 1 THEN 0 ASK FOR CASE STATUS UPDATE. THEY WILL ASK HIS NAME AND BDAY AND YOUR CASE NUMBER.

• 5 months later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Algeria
Timeline

Hello, my fiance (lives in Algeria) had his interview on March 29th and when the interview ended he was asked what did he expect of the result...and he said the best of course..they said that his visa was accepted and they gave him an appointment to go back on April 9th and get his passport and to get some informations about his duties and right in the USA and he traveled 5 hrs cause Algiers is far to him..when he gets there he was not even allowed to go in cause and they said to him that the appointment was a mistake that his file was not ready yet...I emailed the consulair and they said that his file was sent to Administrative Review and they didnt know the time it will take. I have no idea what happened...how can they make this mistake and didnt even let him know before he got there. It has been a month since the interview and there is no information that they can give me..which is very frustrating and depressing...we even had given them so many of our printed conversations and they said they didnt need it...so I dont know what is going on and why they said it was accepted and then they did this..his criminal background check was clean..i make enough to support him, he has no issues with anyone....i just dont understand...can anyone give me any insight of this or if have had any issues similar to mine?

Thank you so much!

Hello,

Is your fiance still undergoing AP? If he isn't how long did it take? Did he finally get his visa approve? Wish you two all the best!!

Diana

Assalamu Alakium,

My husband is here Alahamdulleah! He was here since June. And already has SS# Green Card and Drivers Liscence and a job. It took us 1 yr to get him here ..we were married Feb 2011 in Dubai. Insh'Allah you will hear something soon..just dont give up..be patient. AP is like a black hole..but theres light at the end! No one knows how long it will be. Just hang in there ours lasted 3 mo or so. I know some on here that have been waiting a yr or more. Depends from where he is and where hes been. His name and everything, but if everything is good with him and you ..you have nothing to worry about. he will come. Allah be with you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.