cheeky^Wolf

USC denied a US Passport

31 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
I'm as intrigued on this as everyone else seems to be.

The letter did not give a reason for the denial. It says in order for the decision to be reconsidered, he will have to supply as much evidence showing his picture or signature on as possible.

These items included high school yearbooks & school grades, 5 different forms of photo ID, birth certificates and current addresses for all siblings & children, 2 statements from unrelated people saying who he is, where he lives etc, any press cuttings which have his name in them, membership cards of any organisations or societies, the list went on and on!

Luckily, he keeps everything! He has his school reports from 6th grade onwards and yearbooks. He has newspaper photographs of him outside the family business where he has worked all of his life. He is sending them every scrap of evidence that proves he is who he is.

He knows there is another guy in Texas with the same name as him. His name isn't very common, so I guess this could be a factor.

Anyway, I'll keep you updated on the progress! Thanks for your ideas and suggestions.

Helen

I went through freaking hell to get my passport, and spent so much time on the phone arguing with the passport agency in Miami.

There are a lot of reasons why your friend could have been denied......but in my case, which lasted about 2 months more than it should have, they had told me what I needed to show as proof. It was nearly as complicated as what your friend seems to be going through, however......they at LEAST gave me the chance to run around, scrounge up whatever documents I could find, and to call my family in Miami and have them go all the way downtown to various federal buildings, and look through old files and to also argue themselves with those boneheads at the Miami passport agency.

But why they denied your friend , I don't know. I had at least recieved a phone call directly from the agency. I in fact , called her back a few times, angrily, because they were giving me such hell to get my passport, and I had a plane to catch and a wife to see overseas at the time (in just a few weeks......by that time.....even though I had started the process 2 months earlier). I was so frustrated, and my wife was so frustrated because we were both to the point where we were not sure I would even be given a passport. I had lived in the USA for over 35 years at the time, had a father who fought in Vietnam , and yet....because of other changes in my parents' life (difficult to explain here.....would be lengthy...not to mention private..so I won't)....I was nearly denied. I really thought it was 50/50 that I'd get it. Very stressful experience.......wife was even in tears on the phone, because she could not come here (yet)...and I thought I wouldn't be able to go there to visit (because of no passport)........it was an awful experience.

It is a shame they just denied him, and did not give him the chance to find more evidence and proof like they had given me, difficult as it was.

Edited by MPGGPM

April 16, 2004 Married in Saint Augustine, Florida.

March 7, 2005 Wife left for Istanbul to serve J-1 2 year HRR. Was a very bad day at Black Rock.

May 23, 2006 USCIS receives application for I-130

June 12, 2006 Noa1

Sept 7, 2006 Noa2 I-130 approved

Oct 10 ,2006 Received fee bill from NVC

Nov 13 ,2006 Received Packet 2 DS-230

Jan 4, 2007 Mailed Packet 2 to NVC

Jan 22, 2007 RFE from NVC aaarrrrgggghhh!!!!!!!!

Feb 28, 2007 NVC received "checklist" response and original documents for the RFE

March 13, 2007 Case completed at NVC! Whoooohoooo!! Ankara, here we come!!!!

March 15, 2007 Case fowarded to Ankara Embassy

April 4, 2007 Interview. Wife gets handed the little green paper. Not good. Need to submit a few more things.

April 9, 2007 Items mailed back to Embassy. Crossing fingers, rubbing the "rabbit's foot", etc,..that this may FINALLY be the end.

April 14, 2007 Visa delivered! Wife is finally going to be on her way back home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

April 20, 2007 Wife enters through JFK. The days of grabbing my dinners at the WalMart deli....are now officially over!!!

Stay tuned to this channel for further updates..........

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic