sarah and hicham

Compaq Presario 3000

30 posts in this topic

People need to learn to tell the difference between problems with a computer and problems with the software on the computer. The Dell running slow after six months could be tied to no defag being done, no disk clean up being done or other issues. Or it could be tied to the computer. However, I persoanlly feel that Dell is the best computer around. I have two at home and used one at work for years.

The past three years I have had to use IBM laptops at work. They are not as bad as what I expected. A bit heavy, but overall quite good.

Also, isn't Compaq owned by HP? Shows how good that merger went if the HP computer is good and the Compaq one is bad.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline
People need to learn to tell the difference between problems with a computer and problems with the software on the computer. The Dell running slow after six months could be tied to no defag being done, no disk clean up being done or other issues. Or it could be tied to the computer. However, I persoanlly feel that Dell is the best computer around. I have two at home and used one at work for years.

The past three years I have had to use IBM laptops at work. They are not as bad as what I expected. A bit heavy, but overall quite good.

Also, isn't Compaq owned by HP? Shows how good that merger went if the HP computer is good and the Compaq one is bad.

:yes: I also have 2 Dells that work great, the Compaq ...I don't even want to turn it on, I've been close to throwing it out the window a couple of times tough

Octa and Nicu

I-129F Interview..........04-25-2005

US Entry......................05-19-2005

Marriage......................07-16-2005

Filed AOS/EAD..............08-16-2005

Received EAD................11-28-2005

AOS Interview...............05-15-2006

Received Green Card.....05-25-2006

The way to find out if you love someone or not, is by talking to them.

The more you talk to them the more you either hate them or love them.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
People need to learn to tell the difference between problems with a computer and problems with the software on the computer. The Dell running slow after six months could be tied to no defag being done, no disk clean up being done or other issues.

Defag? Nah, my PC doesn't smoke.... :P

I HAVE done a defragmentation and disk clean up....numerous times.

Dell USED to be exceptional...until they started using cheap labour and stuff. Went down hill after that. That's why they are so cheap...and the quality HAS dropped. And I ain't even going to start on HP...I shall leave that to my fiance... :lol:

Edited by mags

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

no Macs for me, thanks.

It looks like Dell and Hp are the way to go.

I get upset when I talk about the Compaq so I'd better not get started again but I would just reccomend that no one buy one because they suck.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

NOOOOOOOOOOO don't do it! :lol:;)

too late! hahaha.

*hums Another One Bites the Dust by Queen*

:lol::D

well I'm just saying I already got the Dell.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

NOOOOOOOOOOO don't do it! :lol:;)

too late! hahaha.

*hums Another One Bites the Dust by Queen*

:lol::D

well I'm just saying I already got the Dell.

I know! I'm messing with you. :)

Filed: Timeline

All of this discussion amuses me.

I'll let you in on a little secret.....they're all the same.

HP owns Compaq. Foxconn (where I work) builds HP and Compaq. And Dell. And Gateway. And Apple/Mac.

You know why a Dell costs $600 and a comparable HP costs $900?

1) labour - HP/Compaq are built here, Dells are built in China.

2) ####### parts - Dell gets the super cheap Foxconn motherboards. HP uses the plain cheap ones. They both suck, but the Dells tend to fry motherboards more often.

There are only very few differences between computer brands: The motherboards, the cases, the assembly of all of those pieces, and the testing before sending.

Dell, HP/Compaq, and Gateway use Foxconn motherboards.

Case doesn't affect performance at all, so it's a non-issue.

HP/Compaq, since they're the same company, have the same assembly standards.

I can't say anything about Dell's testing, but HP/Compaq computers get tested for about 3 hours before they're shipped off.

All that being said, HP/Compaq tend to be junk. So does Dell.

I could rant on for hours about the horrors of various computer brands, but I won't. That was enough for now. lol

Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. ####### coated bastards with ####### filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bobble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

I think you are the first person I have seen who really hates Dells.

When I said "ultimately losing" with regard to the bids, it means the bids got driven past my preset limit of 60% of retail (I could have won if I'd not had that limitation--well I thought that the object of bidding on ebay was to pay a lot less than retail, or was I mistaken? :lol: ).

What about just the computer how do you like it without thinking about cartridges?

As a laptop, I would say the Latitude is OK (I'm lousy with the touchpad--but I'm one of those who just NEEDS to have a mouse; I solved it by buying a small one from CC).

2005/07/10 I-129F filed for Pras

2005/11/07 I-129F approved, forwarded to NVC--to Chennai Consulate 2005/11/14

2005/12/02 Packet-3 received from Chennai

2005/12/21 Visa Interview Date

2006/04/04 Pras' entry into US at DTW

2006/04/15 Church Wedding at Novi (Detroit suburb), MI

2006/05/01 AOS Packet (I-485/I-131/I-765) filed at Chicago

2006/08/23 AP and EAD approved. Two down, 1.5 to go

2006/10/13 Pras' I-485 interview--APPROVED!

2006/10/27 Pras' conditional GC arrives -- .5 to go (2 yrs to Conditions Removal)

2008/07/21 I-751 (conditions removal) filed

2008/08/22 I-751 biometrics completed

2009/06/18 I-751 approved

2009/07/03 10-year GC received; last 0.5 done!

2009/07/23 Pras files N-400

2009/11/16 My 46TH birthday, Pras N-400 approved

2010/03/18 Pras' swear-in

---------------------------------------------------------------------

As long as the LORD's beside me, I don't care if this road ever ends.

Filed: Timeline
I think you are the first person I have seen who really hates Dells.

When I said "ultimately losing" with regard to the bids, it means the bids got driven past my preset limit of 60% of retail (I could have won if I'd not had that limitation--well I thought that the object of bidding on ebay was to pay a lot less than retail, or was I mistaken? :lol: ).

What about just the computer how do you like it without thinking about cartridges?

As a laptop, I would say the Latitude is OK (I'm lousy with the touchpad--but I'm one of those who just NEEDS to have a mouse; I solved it by buying a small one from CC).

Can't stand touchpads either. They seem to work better if your skin isn't dry, which mine tends to be on my hands - too many years of soaking them in brake cleaner and other shop solvents.

I bought a wireless travel mouse from Aldi (yes, the food place). It's a Medion (German computer brand) and works great. Think I paid about $20 for it.

When I'm at home, I just use the laptop as a CPU if I use it at all. I hook it up to a monitor, keyboard (can't stand laptop keyboards either....I have gigantic hands) and normal mouse.

Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. ####### coated bastards with ####### filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bobble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.