doodlebug

honeymoon with the WHOLE family?

417 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
No side slits -- at least not above the lower calf. Ankle length and no slits is best.

No cleavage -- no hint of "the line" (hat tip to JP :P ) so go with higher necklines.

No transparent, semi-transparent (thin) or clingy fabric.

No bare upper arms or shoulders -- sleeves should at least cover the elbow.

Don't worry about "looking like a housewife" -- this is considered normal clothing for even young women over there.

Happy shopping !

(F)

-MK

i guess victoria's secret don't sell too well there :P

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline

Its also wrong in Christianity but that doesnt stop anyone from doing it. :whistle:

:blush::whistle:

I believe that is a reference to the traditional public display of the bloody sheets. It's still done in some of the villages.... considered "proof" of the bride's "honor."

or proof of the husband's bad aim :lol:

Charles, you had me laughing out loud. Welcome back. Hope you're enjoying having Nessa around.

Wow this thread covered a lot of topics.

Was I the only one who was showered with new clothes and presents every single day of my visit? Abdel's sister had new outfits for me that were normal for his area and brought me something new every day. His little sister and niece also brought me presents pretty often. I didn't have to buy any nightgowns or anything like that. His oldest sister also had some outfits custom made for me. The girls brought me costume jewelry and his sister even got me these yummy cotton undershirts. When I told him I loved them she got me a bunch more. Of course now I have a closet full of ghandoras, djellabas and caftans that I rarely ever find an opportunity to wear.

I only had time to go to the Hammam once, but I loved it. His sister got someone to scrub me head to toe with the brillo pad like mitt and I've never felt so clean in my life.

As for privacy, the older folks respected it while the kids didn't have a clue what it was - and you're a kid in his family well into your 20s. We had an 8 hour ride from the airport to his city and I had flown all night with no sleep, so when we got back to the house, his sisters and niece served us the milk and dates (so at that point they considered us married) and sent us on our way for a nap. We had his sisters bedroom for the entire 16 days I was there and it had a lock on the door, so we did have as much privacy as you can with kids knocking on the door asking for their uncle all the time. their apartment was so tiny I was nervous at first but he told me not to worry so I didn't.

This would probably be unusual to a traditional Muslim family, but Abdel's sister is the head of the family and she's quite a feminist, so she was happy to see her 38 year old brother finally getting to be a married man. I think she was also just a little relieved to be having one less person to be responsible for.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

:lol:

No side slits -- at least not above the lower calf. Ankle length and no slits is best.

No cleavage -- no hint of "the line" (hat tip to JP :P ) so go with higher necklines.

No transparent, semi-transparent (thin) or clingy fabric.

No bare upper arms or shoulders -- sleeves should at least cover the elbow.

Don't worry about "looking like a housewife" -- this is considered normal clothing for even young women over there.

Happy shopping !

(F)

-MK

You just described my entire wardrobe in reverse. :lol::lol::lol: I do have a housewife looking wardrobe, a "desprete housewife" one that is. :lol: Thats why I'm always getting in trouble. :blush:

Would you like your wife to wear anything from Victoria's Exposed in front of your mom and dad???? :huh:

They have cute clothes!!! :thumbs::lol:

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Timeline
Charles, you had me laughing out loud. Welcome back. Hope you're enjoying having Nessa around.

:devil:

yup i am. she's unpacking everything at home right now while i'm working. i'll probably have one cubic foot of closet space when i get home :lol:

Would you like your wife to wear anything from Victoria's Exposed in front of your mom and dad???? :huh:

victoria's exposed? send me a link :devil:

p.s. mom passed away almost 2 years ago so i doubt that part of it would apply

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Liz, Abel's family sounds like Said's :P except that his parents are still around... but we were considered "married" from the moment I arrived. I was even referred to (on my first trip) as "Said's wife" when a neighbor came to visit for tea & donuts. That was my first day there after I arrived and awoke from a nap. She (the neighbor) said "zweina"... I blushed b/c I knew it meant she thought I was pretty. :blush:

Met briefly in Baton Rouge, LA Nov. 2003 - not available :(

Met again in Baton Rouge, LA March 25, 2005 - 2 souls feel as 1

Sept 17-Oct 3, 2005 Noura goes to Morocco to meet family & friends of Said (informally engaged)

Daily phonecalls, discover internet chatting w/ video cam - OMG!!!

March 25-April 14, 2006 Noura's 2nd trip to Morocco - formal engagement w/ family

April 24, 2006- mailed in K1 Visa package - TSC

Oct 5, 2006 - Interview SUCCESS

Oct 12, 2006 - Called to pick up visa tomorrow!

Oct. 16, 2006 VISA IN HAND!

Dec. 24, 2006 - Said arrives in NOLA, just in time for the holidaze!

Dec. 31, 2006 - OUR WEDDING!!! Ringing in a New Year as husband & wife!

Jan 8, 2007 - applied for SSN

Jan 15, 2007 - recieved SSN

Feb 6, 2007 - checks cashed for AOS/EAD/AP - YAY!

Feb 8, 2007 - NOA1 on AOS/EAD/AP

Feb 14, 07 - touched EAD/AP

March 8, 07 - Biometrics appt in NOLA

April 17, 07 - AP approved

April 19, 07 - EAD approved

glitter_maker_12_25_2006_00_00_12_97213.gif

Timeline

:( I'm sorry Charles. That must have been very hard for you. :(

I call it that because there is nothing secretive about Victoria :no:

um, victoria's secret also makes clothes, not just heart stopping underwear ;)

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

Oh but it sells very well (of course they have their local knock-off versions :P ) They wear it in private with the hubby, just like most women here in the U.S.

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
I love Victoria Secret "Pink" sweatpants!

I love all their stuff. They have the most comfy PJ's ever!

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

So........where do you put the toilet paper if you can't flush it? :huh:

toilet paper?

hahahahaha

i found this out the very itneresting way.

i would say definitely bring a robe. i went very unprepared to Algeria. Luckily, my husband's family is amazing and they had already bought me a robe. i really only used it to go back and forth to the shower and when I had to go to the bathroom at night. sometimes if my husband and i were eating alone or with his mother or sister i would eat in it, if i had JUST taken a shower and was really hungry.

i went to algeria with my typical sweatpants and hanes tshirts and athletic shorts. the t shirts were fine and the sweatpants would have been if it hadnt been 100 degrees, but the shorts, i learned, were a big no no. so i was stuck a lot of the time in either the skirt i had worn all day or jeans (not so fun in the summer). and you know, when youre at home, you just wanna be comfortable, esp at night. you wanna hang out and watch tv, etc etc. so i really suggest buying some comfortable house dresses immediately once you get there or online... my husband's family gave me one and then i went to the market and bought a couple more.

also i got really sick and the dresses were really comfortable and i had to keep myself covered because my husband's mom was in and out all the time with medication and food and drinks and everything.

i would make sure they are conservative because you never know how his family will react and you dont want to be the fiancée that dressed inappropriately.

Edited by hollyw

I know what they sell... actually like quite a bit of the things they sell... but I don't wear them on TV for everyone to see ;) therefore, it's Veiled Princess' secret but not Victoria's when I wear it :lol:

I know what they sell... actually like quite a bit of the things they sell... but I don't wear them on TV for everyone to see ;) therefore, it's Veiled Princess' secret but not Victoria's when I wear it :lol:

Yeah, they sell clothes too. One of the admins I used to sit near wore them to work. You could see most of the implants she bought on her credit card when she was wearing them. Their clothes are just like their lingerie - designed to show off your better attributes.

Timeline

:blush::blush:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.