doodlebug

honeymoon with the WHOLE family?

417 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

I slept in Mohamed's bedroom and he slept on the couch in the living room. His family is pretty traditional so us sleeping together before marriage was NOT gonna happen. Once we were sitting alone in the living room with the light off and his dad popped in and turned that light on. There was no funny business gonna happen on their watch!

For those of you who visited your SO's before you were married, where did you sleep then? Did the family make you sleep in separate rooms? Just curious.

I thought sleeping together before marriage was wrong in Islam anyway? Or do you mean just literally sleeping in the same room? Just curious/confused. :)

Its also wrong in Christianity but that doesnt stop anyone from doing it. :whistle:

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline
It is haram in Islam to have sex before marriage. I don't think I could sleep in the same bedroom with my husband and not "do it". But that's me.

I slept in Mohamed's bedroom and he slept on the couch in the living room. His family is pretty traditional so us sleeping together before marriage was NOT gonna happen. Once we were sitting alone in the living room with the light off and his dad popped in and turned that light on. There was no funny business gonna happen on their watch!

For those of you who visited your SO's before you were married, where did you sleep then? Did the family make you sleep in separate rooms? Just curious.

I thought sleeping together before marriage was wrong in Islam anyway? Or do you mean just literally sleeping in the same room? Just curious/confused. :)

Well we were the same way, no sleeping in the same room before marriage. (I'm not Muslim but just saying I agree with what you wrote).

Its also wrong in Christianity but that doesnt stop anyone from doing it. :whistle:

I know but I expect people who are very vocal about their beliefs to try to follow them (yet I know we all make mistakes). Moody has written a lot about her beliefs and so she confirmed to me that she did follow that practice of not sleeping together before marriage, because of her beliefs not just because the family was around. I was just curious whether some ppl's reasons are because the family is too traditional or that they simply did not want to engage in that activity because they felt it was wrong according to their beliefs.

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

IMO..that's the best way to do it esp. in more conservative countries even if one doesn't personally have a problem with sex before marriage.

I agree... if I had gone to Algeria before my husband and I were married, I'm sure we would have slept in different beds. And even if we hadn't I think I would have been uncomfortable because I know it would have made them uncomfortable. As it was my husband was nervous about us sleeping in the same bed... and we were already married!!! Over and over we talked about the first night we were going to sleep together and if i was going to go into bed first, or he was, or if we would go together, but then he was nervous about how it would look if we went in together, like we were going to have sex, and on and on and on.... (turns out, it was just fine, his mother ushered us off to bed like we were children :)).

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I know we won't sleep together the night before but I sure hope my snoring doesn't permeate through the walls so that he gets time to have second thoughts!!!! :blush:

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
For those of you who stayed with your hubby's family when you went to be married in their country...how'd that work out for ya?

I think that is what we will end up doing since they'll be moving to a bigger place and now he won't be sharing his room with his dad........BUT..........I mean.............. :blush: ....do I still buy the lil naughty nighties or throw in my Lands End long john's instead? lol

did the family give you your privacy at all? Just curious how your experience was. :whistle:

Well I haven't been to Morocco yet, but when Adil's mother came to visit us for our "formal" wedding she brought me two nighties both with robes, black undies, :blush: an after shower outfit and a long nightgown dress thing that was baby blue and yellow with teddy bears and balloons. I swear everynight she was there I felt like she was shoving us into our bedroom. I know one night she made it clear as to what we were going to do in there! Right before she told us to go to bed she said, "I want a baby soon!" and then she shooed us to the room! :lol: Anyway, she gave us tons of privacy. But she slept in the bedroom next to us and we were nervous to do anything. I wonder what it's going to be like when we go to Morocco with my dad in a few months. Hopefully I wont be recieving anymore nighties from my relatives cause I think that's purty embarassing :blush: .

Edited by Mrs. Forgetful

Adil & Janine

06/17/06- Wedding

08/16/06- I-130 and EAD sent with AOS packet

08/24/06- I-130, EAD, I-485 recieved

08/28/06- NOA1 for I-130, EAD, and I-485

09/01/06- Recieved boimetrics appointment letter

09/07/06- Biometrics appointment

10/24/06- Recieved letter for initial interview

11/21/06- EAD approved

11/27/06- EAD Recieved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11/30/06- Touched- NOA for EAD sent

12/01/06- I-130 and I-485 Touched

12/20/06- Initial interview

12/20/06- APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (4 months!)

12/27/06- Recieved NOA2 for I-130

12/27/06- Recieved welcome letter

12/27/06- I-485 touched, New card ordered

01/03/06- PERMANENT RESIDENT CARD RECIEVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!YAY!!!

09/18/08- Sent I-751... hopefully I did it corectly!

09/something... recieved NOA1 for I-751

10/16/08- Recieved biometrics appointment letter

10/25/08- Biometrics appontment!

03/19/09- Recieved letter stating I-751 transfered to CSC

03/30/09- I-751 approved!

04/02/09- Recieved approval letter

04/30/09- Recieved new card

10/14/09- Sent N-400... the wait begins again.....

10/24/09- Recieved NOA receipt letter

02/05/10- Recieved Fingerprint notification

02/23/10- Fingerprinting appointment

04/07/10- N-400 Interview

10/07/10- Request for aditional evidencce

02/07/11- Oath Ceremony letter arrives!!!!!!!!!!

02/18/11- Oath Ceremony!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Filed: Timeline
For those of you who stayed with your hubby's family when you went to be married in their country...how'd that work out for ya?

I think that is what we will end up doing since they'll be moving to a bigger place and now he won't be sharing his room with his dad........BUT..........I mean.............. :blush: ....do I still buy the lil naughty nighties or throw in my Lands End long john's instead? lol

did the family give you your privacy at all? Just curious how your experience was. :whistle:

Lock the door.

I haven't had time to read this entire thread, but has anyone mentioned to doodle the "traditional" consumation practice of Arab people in much more "barbaric" times? ACCCCK ... gives me the willies. Ha ha ha.

Edited by just_waiting

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Lock the door.

I haven't had time to read this entire thread, but has anyone mentioned to doodle the "traditional" consumation practice of Arab people in much more "barbaric" times? ACCCCK ... gives me the willies. Ha ha ha.

Still happens today.... :whistle:

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Timeline

Lock the door.

:unsure: ...what????

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

I believe that is a reference to the traditional public display of the bloody sheets. It's still done in some of the villages.... considered "proof" of the bride's "honor."

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I believe that is a reference to the traditional public display of the bloody sheets. It's still done in some of the villages.... considered "proof" of the bride's "honor."

Well, I don't think this is a good idea no matter what because some women when they loose their virginity they don't bleed. I know I didn't bleed when I lost mine. So how do they really know if it wasn't your first time?

Adil & Janine

06/17/06- Wedding

08/16/06- I-130 and EAD sent with AOS packet

08/24/06- I-130, EAD, I-485 recieved

08/28/06- NOA1 for I-130, EAD, and I-485

09/01/06- Recieved boimetrics appointment letter

09/07/06- Biometrics appointment

10/24/06- Recieved letter for initial interview

11/21/06- EAD approved

11/27/06- EAD Recieved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11/30/06- Touched- NOA for EAD sent

12/01/06- I-130 and I-485 Touched

12/20/06- Initial interview

12/20/06- APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (4 months!)

12/27/06- Recieved NOA2 for I-130

12/27/06- Recieved welcome letter

12/27/06- I-485 touched, New card ordered

01/03/06- PERMANENT RESIDENT CARD RECIEVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!YAY!!!

09/18/08- Sent I-751... hopefully I did it corectly!

09/something... recieved NOA1 for I-751

10/16/08- Recieved biometrics appointment letter

10/25/08- Biometrics appontment!

03/19/09- Recieved letter stating I-751 transfered to CSC

03/30/09- I-751 approved!

04/02/09- Recieved approval letter

04/30/09- Recieved new card

10/14/09- Sent N-400... the wait begins again.....

10/24/09- Recieved NOA receipt letter

02/05/10- Recieved Fingerprint notification

02/23/10- Fingerprinting appointment

04/07/10- N-400 Interview

10/07/10- Request for aditional evidencce

02/07/11- Oath Ceremony letter arrives!!!!!!!!!!

02/18/11- Oath Ceremony!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
I don't think any of the gals on this forum would pass this test :lol:

No worries, doodle :)

haha I don't think so... unless you're on your period.

Filed: Timeline

Lock the door.

Still happens today.... :whistle:

*Just stares wide-eyed and puts a towel over her head muttering "not in a million years" over and over and over*

Timeline
I don't think any of the gals on this forum would pass this test :lol:

No worries, doodle :)

Yeah with a 9 and 10 yr old I think they won't waste their time. lol.

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.