doodlebug

honeymoon with the WHOLE family?

417 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
Here's a pic of me wearing one of my galabiyas...ok I'm also playing around with the ancient treadmill. :lol: Not sure why my inlaws had the treadmill..no one used it.

I still wear them ALL the time here. I have many of them and they're soooo comfy!

2ahip10.jpg

Oh that's a pretty one! Did you buy that here or there? I wonder if that's what he meant when he said he was buying me a dress and wanted to know what size I am....maybe he knew I wouldn't have one to hang out in.

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline

The material was bought by my SIL in the UAE then she took me to a dress maker and had it custom made for me. I have others that I just bought off the rack in Cairo. Those ones aren't as fancy though but they are cute. I have a REALLY cute red cotton one that my other SIL bought for me in Kafr Dawar. I also have some from Yemen.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

For those of you who visited your SO's before you were married, where did you sleep then? Did the family make you sleep in separate rooms? Just curious.

4/15/06- Visa in hand!!!

4/21/06 Arrival in U.S.

5/11/06 Legal Marriage

11/4/06 Wedding

AOS

6/12/06 AOS, EAD, and AP papers sent off

6/26/06 NOA1 Date

7/17/06 Biometrics done

8/04/06 Case transferred to CSC

8/8/06 Case received at CSC

9/21/06 Greencard received!!!!

8/31/09 Naturalization- Done with USCIS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
For those of you who visited your SO's before you were married, where did you sleep then? Did the family make you sleep in separate rooms? Just curious.

No, we shared a room.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

No we slept in the same room. Hicham's family is very open and not your average Moroccan family I guess. They are not traditional at all. It was just assumed that we would share a room I guess!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Said & I slept in the same room together... his family was ok w/ it - of course, Morocco is pretty progressive - I guess his family is too! We had a private room of our own, while the family members slept in 2 other rooms. Trying to attach the pic again.... this was the nite of my henna... me w/ socks on hands & feet to keep the henna on longer - it was beautiful!

Edited by noura

Met briefly in Baton Rouge, LA Nov. 2003 - not available :(

Met again in Baton Rouge, LA March 25, 2005 - 2 souls feel as 1

Sept 17-Oct 3, 2005 Noura goes to Morocco to meet family & friends of Said (informally engaged)

Daily phonecalls, discover internet chatting w/ video cam - OMG!!!

March 25-April 14, 2006 Noura's 2nd trip to Morocco - formal engagement w/ family

April 24, 2006- mailed in K1 Visa package - TSC

Oct 5, 2006 - Interview SUCCESS

Oct 12, 2006 - Called to pick up visa tomorrow!

Oct. 16, 2006 VISA IN HAND!

Dec. 24, 2006 - Said arrives in NOLA, just in time for the holidaze!

Dec. 31, 2006 - OUR WEDDING!!! Ringing in a New Year as husband & wife!

Jan 8, 2007 - applied for SSN

Jan 15, 2007 - recieved SSN

Feb 6, 2007 - checks cashed for AOS/EAD/AP - YAY!

Feb 8, 2007 - NOA1 on AOS/EAD/AP

Feb 14, 07 - touched EAD/AP

March 8, 07 - Biometrics appt in NOLA

April 17, 07 - AP approved

April 19, 07 - EAD approved

glitter_maker_12_25_2006_00_00_12_97213.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
I can't see the picture at all, and it doesn't enlarge. gosh noura!

still??? I'm a goober when it comes to this high tech stuff ;)

Met briefly in Baton Rouge, LA Nov. 2003 - not available :(

Met again in Baton Rouge, LA March 25, 2005 - 2 souls feel as 1

Sept 17-Oct 3, 2005 Noura goes to Morocco to meet family & friends of Said (informally engaged)

Daily phonecalls, discover internet chatting w/ video cam - OMG!!!

March 25-April 14, 2006 Noura's 2nd trip to Morocco - formal engagement w/ family

April 24, 2006- mailed in K1 Visa package - TSC

Oct 5, 2006 - Interview SUCCESS

Oct 12, 2006 - Called to pick up visa tomorrow!

Oct. 16, 2006 VISA IN HAND!

Dec. 24, 2006 - Said arrives in NOLA, just in time for the holidaze!

Dec. 31, 2006 - OUR WEDDING!!! Ringing in a New Year as husband & wife!

Jan 8, 2007 - applied for SSN

Jan 15, 2007 - recieved SSN

Feb 6, 2007 - checks cashed for AOS/EAD/AP - YAY!

Feb 8, 2007 - NOA1 on AOS/EAD/AP

Feb 14, 07 - touched EAD/AP

March 8, 07 - Biometrics appt in NOLA

April 17, 07 - AP approved

April 19, 07 - EAD approved

glitter_maker_12_25_2006_00_00_12_97213.gif

I slept in Mohamed's bedroom and he slept on the couch in the living room. His family is pretty traditional so us sleeping together before marriage was NOT gonna happen. Once we were sitting alone in the living room with the light off and his dad popped in and turned that light on. There was no funny business gonna happen on their watch!

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline
I slept in Mohamed's bedroom and he slept on the couch in the living room. His family is pretty traditional so us sleeping together before marriage was NOT gonna happen. Once we were sitting alone in the living room with the light off and his dad popped in and turned that light on. There was no funny business gonna happen on their watch!

I thought sleeping together before marriage was wrong in Islam anyway? Or do you mean just literally sleeping in the same room? Just curious/confused. :)

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

I haven't been to visit Amed's family in Algeria, but when we went to stay with his brother's family in France, I slept on a little portable mattress on the floor in a little salon area which was totally private. Amed slept on the couch in the living room. He came in to tell me goodnight, but left the door open, and was always really discreet about it. I guess his family is pretty traditional, and we wanted to respect that.

4/15/06- Visa in hand!!!

4/21/06 Arrival in U.S.

5/11/06 Legal Marriage

11/4/06 Wedding

AOS

6/12/06 AOS, EAD, and AP papers sent off

6/26/06 NOA1 Date

7/17/06 Biometrics done

8/04/06 Case transferred to CSC

8/8/06 Case received at CSC

9/21/06 Greencard received!!!!

8/31/09 Naturalization- Done with USCIS

It is haram in Islam to have sex before marriage. I don't think I could sleep in the same bedroom with my husband and not "do it". But that's me.

I thought sleeping together before marriage was wrong in Islam anyway? Or do you mean just literally sleeping in the same room? Just curious/confused. :)

Filed: Country: Jordan
Timeline

I used his room and he went upstairs to his brother's house the first time and the second time i visited he went next door to his sister's house. I stayed in his house with his mother :) I took my son with me when i went to get married and he rented a home for us so we can be comfortable and alone, but of course my son was there so really couldn't be alone. Anyways I went back for a real honeymoon and he rented a house so we can be alone, but everyday we went back to his house. :lol:

i'm not 100% sure about this, but aren't you technically not supposed to lose your virginity before marriage if you're christian? sleep in the same bedroom with your boyfrend? of course, we all know this doesn't happen.

it's the same thing in islam... families have differing degrees of religiousness, differing traditions...

younger generations tend to experiment more, go against the grain...

at least, this has been my experience.

Edited by hollyw

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.