w¡n9Nµ7 §£@¥€r

Religious differences blamed for a man fatally stabbing his wife and trying to kill his 17 year old daughter

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

A religious feud between a Muslim father and his teenage daughter may have sparked a bloody domestic dispute on the Gold Coast which left the man's wife dead and him fighting for life in hospital.

Police are investigating suggestions the violence erupted after the 17-year-old girl told her father she wanted to opt out of the Islamic faith and convert to Christianity. The girl's mother is believed to have stepped in to protect her daughter, only to be fatally stabbed with a kitchen knife.

Neighbours reported hearing "blood-curdling" screams before the hysterical girl ran half-naked from their Southport home unit covered in scratches.

Police later found the body of the girl's mother, 41, inside the blood-smeared unit. Her husband was taken to the Gold Coast Hospital with a stab wound to the chest. He was last night in a critical condition under police guard.

Neighbour Caitlin Dalton was taking out the rubbish about 7pm on Monday when she heard "loud, huge, terrifying screams" coming from the unit complex.

"She (the teenager) was yelling, 'Help me, help me, they're trying to kill me'," Ms Dalton said. "Everybody heard the screams but we couldn't work out which unit they were coming from. Then this girl emerged in the stairwell hysterical and crying.

"Her clothes had been ripped off, she was just in her underwear and she had quite severe scratches down her arm and across her back."

Ms Dalton said that as residents tried to comfort the sobbing girl, she told how she had wanted to "convert from the Islam religion . . . and obviously her father didn't handle it very well".

"She said her parents were really strict," Ms Dalton said.

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0...51-3102,00.html

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

terrible....

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

So to this man, the value of human life, his own daughter, is what?

Unbelievable.

8-30-05 Met David at a restaurant in Germany

3-28-06 David 'officially' proposed

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

9-25-06 Interview: APPROVED!

10-16-06 Flt to US, POE Detroit

11-5-06 Married

7-2-07 Green card received

9-12-08 Filed for divorce

12-5-08 Court hearing - divorce final

A great marriage is not when the "perfect couple" comes together.

It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
When will parents learn they cant and should not inflict their belives onto their children.... everyone has the right to choose their own path....

Kezzie

"Obviously western thought and has no place in decent society."

I'm sure that would be an answer depending on who you ask.

James & Sara - Aug 12, 05

Humanity... destined to pass the baton shortly.

Filed: Timeline

When will parents learn they cant and should not inflict their belives onto their children.... everyone has the right to choose their own path....

Kezzie

"Obviously western thought and has no place in decent society."

I'm sure that would be an answer depending on who you ask.

And they lived in that Western world..... if they dont accept the ways of the country they chose to live in then they can leave.... and live in a closed world...

Kezzie

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

What part of "there is no compulsion in religion" do these people not understand? If you are born into a Muslim family did you have a choice to be muslim? The whole death sentence for apostates thing was in regards to spies from Mecca converting to infiltrate the muslims who fled to Medina, not a teenager trying to find the way that is best for her.

Islam needs a very prominent sheikh to stand up and issue a ruling about this kind of #######.

Me -.us Her -.ma

------------------------

I-129F NOA1: 8 Dec 2003

Interview Date: 13 July 2004 Approved!

US Arrival: 04 Oct 2004 We're here!

Wedding: 15 November 2004, Maui

AOS & EAD Sent: 23 Dec 2004

AOS approved!: 12 July 2005

Residency card received!: 4 Aug 2005

I-751 NOA1 dated 02 May 2007

I-751 biometrics appt. 29 May 2007

10 year green card received! 11 June 2007

Our son Michael is born!: 18 Aug 2007

Apply for US Citizenship: 14 July 2008

N-400 NOA1: 15 July 2008

Check cashed: 17 July 2008

Our son Michael is one year old!: 18 Aug 2008

N-400 biometrics: 19 Aug 2008

N-400 interview: 18 Nov 2008 Passed!

Our daughter Emmy is born!: 23 Dec 2008

Oath ceremony: 29 Jan 2009 Complete! Woo-hoo no more USCIS!