Emmamama

I-751 Form asks for address, not sure which to put in...

8 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Hello,

I am currently filling out Form I-751 and wanted to know about what to write in for the address portion.

On our original I-130, etc. forms, and currently on record, our address is that of my grandparents. When we first moved to the US we were staying with them, and figured since that was a "solid" address, it'd be best to give that. (We figured in case we moved around, at least all the important stuff would be sent there and then passed along to us, and would not get lost.)

Is it ok to just write in our ACTUAL, current, physical address (where we've been for a little over a year), or write in grandparents' address? OR do I have to file this along with an address change form (I can't remember the exact form name right now)?

ALSO, my grandfather was a co-sponsor, but now he and my grandmother will be moving at the end of the summer (we're not sure when). Does he need to submit an address change form?

THANKS GUYS!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Hello,

I am currently filling out Form I-751 and wanted to know about what to write in for the address portion.

On our original I-130, etc. forms, and currently on record, our address is that of my grandparents. When we first moved to the US we were staying with them, and figured since that was a "solid" address, it'd be best to give that. (We figured in case we moved around, at least all the important stuff would be sent there and then passed along to us, and would not get lost.)

Is it ok to just write in our ACTUAL, current, physical address (where we've been for a little over a year), or write in grandparents' address? OR do I have to file this along with an address change form (I can't remember the exact form name right now)?

ALSO, my grandfather was a co-sponsor, but now he and my grandmother will be moving at the end of the summer (we're not sure when). Does he need to submit an address change form?

THANKS GUYS!

I think you should use your current physical address where you both live now on the i-751 form.

Especially if all your joint bills, lease, and all other evidence you will be submitting have this address on them too.

Then I would put the address you used on your i-130 (your grandmother's) in the list of past addresses.

The address change form is called AR-11. You should do this if you haven't already

you can do it online. I did that, and I'm planning on submitting a copy with the ROC package.

(We lived at a different address when we filed for our i-130 too)

Good luck!

AOS 05/08/10 - sent05/14/10 - receipt date on NOAs - transferred to National Benefits Center06/14/10 - Biometrics Done - Lawrence, MA (original appt)07/26/10 - Interview - APPROVED!!07/30/10 - Welcome letter rec'd (notice date: 07/26)08/05/10 - Green Card (&EAD) Received! - 2 months and 28 days total!ROC 04/28/12 - ROC package sent05/03/12 - check cashed05/04/12 - NOA1 received - dated 05/01/1206/07/12 - Biometrics done02/07/13 - Approved (status update via text msg)02/14/13 - Ten year Green card receivedNaturalization07/26/13 - eligible (90 day window opened 4/27/13)02/24/14 - N-400 sent to Dallas03/04/14 - Check cashed & case accepted (update via txt & email)03/10/14 - Biometrics appt letter rec'd (scheduled for 03/28/13)03/28/14 - Biometrics done04/01/14 - In line for interview 04/03/14 - Case status change to scheduled for interview04/10/14 - interview letter rec'd 5/13/14 - interview 6/3/14 - in line for oath 6/30/14 - Scheduled for oath

Timeline

I think you should use your current physical address where you both live now on the i-751 form.

Especially if all your joint bills, lease, and all other evidence you will be submitting have this address on them too.

Then I would put the address you used on your i-130 (your grandmother's) in the list of past addresses.

The address change form is called AR-11. You should do this if you haven't already

you can do it online. I did that, and I'm planning on submitting a copy with the ROC package.

(We lived at a different address when we filed for our i-130 too)

Good luck!

Cool! Thanks for the response. You think it's ok to submit the AR-11 so close to the expiration of my husband's visa? (We're already within our 90 days before expiration--06/30/2012.)

And g-father should definitely file his AR-11 either way right?

I appreciate it!

Timeline

Cool! Thanks for the response. You think it's ok to submit the AR-11 so close to the expiration of my husband's visa? (We're already within our 90 days before expiration--06/30/2012.)

And g-father should definitely file his AR-11 either way right?

I appreciate it!

SORRY!! Also, do my husband and I need to file AR-11 separately too?...since he's the beneficiary and I'm one of the co-sponsors?

Timeline

SORRY!! Also, do my husband and I need to file AR-11 separately too?...since he's the beneficiary and I'm one of the co-sponsors?

It's better to file the AR-11 now than never! :)

Also, actually, the change of address form for the USC sponsor is called i-865. (I don't think you can e-file this one..)

What I would do ise-file the AR-11 for your husband, mail the i-865 for your grandfather and yourself (but make copies of both first)

Then send all 3 change of address copies with your i-751.

AOS 05/08/10 - sent05/14/10 - receipt date on NOAs - transferred to National Benefits Center06/14/10 - Biometrics Done - Lawrence, MA (original appt)07/26/10 - Interview - APPROVED!!07/30/10 - Welcome letter rec'd (notice date: 07/26)08/05/10 - Green Card (&EAD) Received! - 2 months and 28 days total!ROC 04/28/12 - ROC package sent05/03/12 - check cashed05/04/12 - NOA1 received - dated 05/01/1206/07/12 - Biometrics done02/07/13 - Approved (status update via text msg)02/14/13 - Ten year Green card receivedNaturalization07/26/13 - eligible (90 day window opened 4/27/13)02/24/14 - N-400 sent to Dallas03/04/14 - Check cashed & case accepted (update via txt & email)03/10/14 - Biometrics appt letter rec'd (scheduled for 03/28/13)03/28/14 - Biometrics done04/01/14 - In line for interview 04/03/14 - Case status change to scheduled for interview04/10/14 - interview letter rec'd 5/13/14 - interview 6/3/14 - in line for oath 6/30/14 - Scheduled for oath

Timeline

It's better to file the AR-11 now than never! :)

Also, actually, the change of address form for the USC sponsor is called i-865. (I don't think you can e-file this one..)

What I would do ise-file the AR-11 for your husband, mail the i-865 for your grandfather and yourself (but make copies of both first)

Then send all 3 change of address copies with your i-751.

Super! Thanks so much for your help.

Just filed the AR-11 and now will do my part (I-865), and have my grandfather file that when the date gets closer to the move. Will we have trouble since the bills and lease I'll be submitting are from a year ago? I guess since I am required to submit an attached explanation I will state that we chose to use grandparents' address as our permanent address, but now that we are settled in permanently we're deciding to change it?

Sorry to be so nervous, but you know how USCIS is...

LAST QUESTION! After filing the AR-11, I was asked if I currently have a pending application, and if I do to continue filing another thing. I have not yet sent anything to USCIS, but will in the next few days. Does this count as pending? (I've attached a screen shot)

MUCHAS GRACIAS!!

Timeline

Super! Thanks so much for your help.

Just filed the AR-11 and now will do my part (I-865), and have my grandfather file that when the date gets closer to the move. Will we have trouble since the bills and lease I'll be submitting are from a year ago? I guess since I am required to submit an attached explanation I will state that we chose to use grandparents' address as our permanent address, but now that we are settled in permanently we're deciding to change it?

Sorry to be so nervous, but you know how USCIS is...

LAST QUESTION! After filing the AR-11, I was asked if I currently have a pending application, and if I do to continue filing another thing. I have not yet sent anything to USCIS, but will in the next few days. Does this count as pending? (I've attached a screen shot)

MUCHAS GRACIAS!!

I think the explanation should be acceptable. I am the non-USC and I have moved so many times in the past that sometimes I simply forgot to file the AR-11 within the 30 days it says you're supposed to. :bonk:

I've never had any trouble from USCIS about filing the AR-11 late.

And, no, planning to file does not count as having a pending application. It only counts when they have officially received your package.

Timeline

Yea, we've definitely moved a couple of times and this is only the FIRST time we'll have filed a change of address form. That's cool right? I mean, like I said in the explanation I'll just say that we lived there but didn't file an adjustment because we were literally 20 minutes away from g-parents' and blah, blah...

I appreciate your help!

I think the explanation should be acceptable. I am the non-USC and I have moved so many times in the past that sometimes I simply forgot to file the AR-11 within the 30 days it says you're supposed to. :bonk:

I've never had any trouble from USCIS about filing the AR-11 late.

And, no, planning to file does not count as having a pending application. It only counts when they have officially received your package.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.