w¡n9Nµ7 §£@¥€r

Croatian soccer fans form human swastika

20 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

0,,2006470193,00.jpg

Croatia could be kicked out of Euro 2008 if fans abuse England’s black players tomorrow.

Soccer chiefs fear trouble after 200 of their supporters formed a human swastika at a friendly in Italy.

UEFA’s William Gaillard warned: “We won’t tolerate racism. We have had many problems with this in Eastern Europe before and Croatia have been among the worst offenders.

[...]

“Because of the problems we have encountered with Croatian teams in the past, they have been warned future sanctions will be much heavier than any which have been imposed for previous incidents.”

Croatian supporters have a long history of racism. The nation’s federation were fined after French players were racially abused and white supremacist banners were displayed at Euro 2004.

And UEFA were fuming following the human swastika incident in Livorno, Italy, two months ago.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2002390...6470092,00.html

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

0,,2006470193,00.jpg

Croatia could be kicked out of Euro 2008 if fans abuse England’s black players tomorrow.

Soccer chiefs fear trouble after 200 of their supporters formed a human swastika at a friendly in Italy.

UEFA’s William Gaillard warned: “We won’t tolerate racism. We have had many problems with this in Eastern Europe before and Croatia have been among the worst offenders.

How does forming a swastika abuse black players and how many blacks are on the Italian team? I would think wearing white hoods and/or burning a cross would be a sign of racism.

If I was Croatia I would just say that's how our fans do the wave. LOL

Edited by mdyoung

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
How does forming a swastika abuse black players and how many blacks are on the Italian team? I would think wearing white hoods and/or burning a cross would be a sign of racism.

what does being a european black have to do with american symbols of bigotry?

if you want to taunt or offend the ppl you aim to do, you use symbols they recognize as their own, not introduce foreign symbols and hope they get your meaning.

James & Sara - Aug 12, 05

Humanity... destined to pass the baton shortly.

*deleted*

Edited by keltic

"True love is falling in love with your best friend,

and only then, will you find the meaning of happiness."

tony_1.gif

keltic,

Mirorgate's post is a response to mdyoung. I believe he's referring to white hoods and burning crosses as American.

sorry, and mine is gone

Edited by keltic

"True love is falling in love with your best friend,

and only then, will you find the meaning of happiness."

tony_1.gif

hmmm..hooligans are chopf##ks world-wide...

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

if you want to taunt or offend the ppl you aim to do, you use symbols they recognize as their own, not introduce foreign symbols and hope they get your meaning.

OK we will go with the swastika being sign of European racism, what the hell would that do for Italy? There are no blacks on their soccer team and they fought on the same side during WWII

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

OK we will go with the swastika being sign of European racism, what the hell would that do for Italy? There are no blacks on their soccer team and they fought on the same side during WWII

you got me there too... bigots are stupid to begin with... why show intelligence later..? especially when there is none??

James & Sara - Aug 12, 05

Humanity... destined to pass the baton shortly.

Why are we talking about the Italians? Croatia play England tomorrow -- lots of black players on their team.

"Soccer chiefs fear trouble after 200 of their supporters formed a human swastika at a friendly in Italy."

So who were they trying to intimidate on the Italian team?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Why are we talking about the Italians? Croatia play England tomorrow -- lots of black players on their team.

"Soccer chiefs fear trouble after 200 of their supporters formed a human swastika at a friendly in Italy."

It wasn't the Italian team, it was AS Livorno who has a reputation for being a "communist team".

It was a game PLAYED in Italy, but between Croatia and England. :thumbs: