siyonri

need ur help in helping a k-3 friend out

8 posts in this topic

hi everyone,

congratulations to those that have got their hubbies and wifeys by their sides. and also i want to congratulate those that have got interview dates too. i will not leave out those that are on the way to getting their dates as well. i know the road is kinda long. but do not forget that any road that leads to ur spouse is not long at all cos u would eventually meet :)

i have one question tho for my k-3 recepients.

i have a friend thats about to go for his k-3 interview soon. i was helping him out with his ds156 forms and we were stuck. he is married tho but he is going on a k-3. there is a part of the form that said something about if one is married he not fill the form. i think i got that correctly tho. but i know u know what i am trying to say here.

question: is he suppose maintain the single status or he needs to fill in that he is actually married since k-3 is actually meant for fiancee and fiance. pls i would want anybody to tell me about how to go about this form. if its also possible to upload a sample of the filled form for us to have an idea of what to fill ok. and any other info would be immensely appreciated.

thanks for ur contributions .

daniel

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Syria
Timeline

k-3 is for married couples and not fiance.

on the top of this page there is a place for example forms you can look and see there if u can find your information u r looking for.

are u filing out papers for cr1/ir1 or k-3? they are different.

we never filed out the ds-156 for the k-3 so i dont know what u r talking about. hopefully someone else can help u out more.

donna

Filed: Timeline

If he is filing for a K3 visa, he needs to be married. Otherwise he wouldn't be eligible for the K3. As such, mark the marital status (box 17, right?) as married and move on. We've done this and there was no problem with it whatsoever.

I'm not even sure where you read that one shouldn't file this form if married. The DS-156 is, after all, the generic non-immigrant visa aplication form used for a wide variety of visa applicants. The only applicants I can see using the DS-156 that should obviously not be married are applicants for a K1 visa.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Thanks ET, my husband is always helping someone. I told him the same thing to put married cos that is what he is. So thanks for your advise. Have a great day.

Rose (F)

Rose - Michigan - Dan - Nigeria

Met my husband on line Nov., 04

Married March 12, 05 in Nigeria

3-21-05 - Submitted I-130 petition

4-9-05 - Rec'd Notice of Action

7-23-05 - rec'd approval from Cali. Office

8-22-05 - rec'd notice from nvc

8-27-05 - rec'd I-864 bill and DS-230 form

8-30-05 - sent I-864 bill in overnight

9-16-05 - rec'd I-864 pack

9-19-05 - rec'd DS-230 fee bill

9-21-05 - sent I-864 pack overnight

9-30-05 - sent DS-230 bill overnight, rec'd 10-1-05

10-20-05 - rec'd DS-230 pack, sent to hubby 10-29-05, he rec'd pack 11-7 and Dan sent off to nvc 11-8, and they still have not rec'd pack, have to send off again, darn.

1-13-06 - hubby sent off DS-230 pack for a second time

1-23-06 - NVC rec'd DS-230 pack, the waiting begins.

2-7-06 - called NVC, case completed on 1-26-06, thank you lord, NVC stated waiting on confirmation from lagos regarding interview date.

9-13-06 - called NVC, they stated case was forwarded to Lagos on Sept. 11th and Dans interview is Oct. 19, 2006. Thank you dear lord.

10-19-06 - Dan had his interview and was approved. Will pick up visa on Wed. My king is finally coming home. Visa wasn't ready, had to go back on Mon. Oct. 30th to pick it up. Has it in hand.

11-17-06 - Dan arrives at Detroit Metro Airport at 11:00 a.m. This is one happy day for us.

11-25-06 - Dan receives his social security card.

12-06 - Dan receives 3 welcome letters and his green card shortly afterwards.

• 8 months later...
Timeline

Doesn't matter what he is trying to say now is it. This is an old post. If you need further clarification email me and I will try to explain as simple as i can. Have a nice day.

He is married.

Is he supposed to maintain single status?

U know what I'm trying to say here.

Hmmm, not really.

What are you trying to say?

10-20-05 - rec'd DS-230 pack, sent to hubby 10-29-05, he rec'd pack 11-7 and Dan sent off to nvc 11-8, and they still have not rec'd pack, have to send off again, darn.

2-7-06 - called NVC, case completed on 1-26-06, thank you lord, NVC stated waiting on confirmation from lagos regarding interview date.

9-13-06 - called NVC, they stated case was forwarded to Lagos on Sept. 11th and Dans interview is Oct. 19, 2006. Thank you dear lord.

10-19-06 - Dan had his interview and was approved. Will pick up visa on Wed. My king is finally coming home. Visa wasn't ready, had to go back on Mon. Oct. 30th to pick it up. Has it in hand.

11-17-06 - Dan arrives at Detroit Metro Airport at 11:00 a.m. This is one happy day for us.

Filed: Timeline
Doesn't matter what he is trying to say, now is it? This is an old post. If you need further clarification email me and I will try to explain as simple as i can. Have a nice day.

Yes it is! How else will anyone be able to help you? You made all of this public, so why not keep it that way?

Timeline
Doesn't matter what he is trying to say, now is it? This is an old post. If you need further clarification email me and I will try to explain as simple as i can. Have a nice day.

Yes it is! How else will anyone be able to help you? You made all of this public, so why not keep it that way?

Thanks but this person no longer needs help. Thanks anyway

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.