Sign in to follow this  
Chris&Angel

Police Certificate

3 posts in this topic

Hello,

I have a couple of question and I’m unable to find the answer to these questions, I hope you can help?

My girlfriend is a Singapore citizen now, but she was born in Malaysia and lived there from birth until she was 20 years old.

Question 1. Does she need a Malaysian Police Certificate to accompany the petition I plan to file on her behalf, later this year?

Question 2. Where can she obtain the Police Certificate to meet this requirement, she no longer has a Malaysian Identity Card?

The petition or support documents will be filed with the U.S. Embassy in Singapore.

Met onilne 17 Jan 2012, via skype & yahoo IM

Married 4 Dec 2013

I-130 Filed 1/24/2014

I-130 NOA1 2/7/2014

I-130 NOA2 7/11/2014 Approved

I-130 Package Sent to NVC 7/31/2014

I-130 Package Received at NVC 8/4/2014

Case Uploaded 8/13/2014

Received Case # and Invoice # 8/15/2014

DS-261 Completed 8/27/2014

AOS Fee Paid and Cleared Bank 8/29/2014

AOS Package sent to NVC 8/30/2014

AOS Package Received at NVC 9/2/2014

IV Fee Email Received 9/27/2014

IV Fee Bill Payment Made 9/27/2014

COC for Malayisa Applied Online 9/27/2014

COC for Singapore Applied for at Local Office 9/29/2014, pick-up date 13 Oct 20

DS-260 Completed 10/2/2014

IV Fee's Mark as Paid by NVC 9/30/2014

IV Packet Sent to NVC on 16 Oct 2014

IV Packet Received at NVC 17 Oct 2014

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello,

I have a couple of question and I'm unable to find the answer to these questions, I hope you can help?

My girlfriend is a Singapore citizen now, but she was born in Malaysia and lived there from birth until she was 20 years old.

Question 1. Does she need a Malaysian Police Certificate to accompany the petition I plan to file on her behalf, later this year?

Question 2. Where can she obtain the Police Certificate to meet this requirement, she no longer has a Malaysian Identity Card?

The petition or support documents will be filed with the U.S. Embassy in Singapore.

She will surely need a police certificate from Malaysia. For every country you have resided in within 6 months you are required to obtain a police certificate. However, all that requirement are during the interview stage so it's still a long way to go for you. Most police certificate last only 3 months and you will have to acquire a new one after the expiration, so it's advisable you obtain one close to your interview date. As for how to obtain it, i don't know exactly but some people on here on VJ in same situation either have the embassy of the foreign country they were in in their home country contacted and they obtain it through them while others travel down if they can or they can also have the police department contacted if they have their contacts. Look up on the top right of this VJ page, there is a search bar, type in whatever you want to know about and I'm sure you will get some thing out of it. Good luck

She will surely need a police certificate from Malaysia. For every country you have resided in within 6 months you are required to obtain a police certificate. However, all that requirement are during the interview stage so it's still a long way to go for you. Most police certificate last only 3 months and you will have to acquire a new one after the expiration, so it's advisable you obtain one close to your interview date. As for how to obtain it, i don't know exactly but some people on here on VJ in same situation either have the embassy of the foreign country they were in in their home country contacted and they obtain it through them while others travel down if they can or they can also have the police department contacted if they have their contacts. Look up on the top right of this VJ page, there is a search bar, type in whatever you want to know about and I'm sure you will get some thing out of it. Good luck

Thanks for your response, I did do some more digging and found the answer, so I will post what I have found.

To Contact the Malaysian Ministry of Foreign Affairs at the Embassy in Singapore using the following links:

http://malaysia.usembassy.gov/police_cert.html

Documemt reqirements and additional processing.

To use the e-Consular processing, requires that you have the following broswers install: google chrome or Firefox for (e-payment).

http://www.kln.gov.my/web/sgp_singapore/home

Click the Maylaysian Missions Overseas link, select the High Commission of Maylaysia, in Singapore. Address/location of the Mission is listed and telephone contact information.

According to my girlfriend who spoke with the Maylaysian Mission in Singapore, it takes anywhere from 2 to 3 months to obtain the Certificate of Good Conduct, where as it takes aprroximately 2 weeks to obtain the Police Certificate (COC) from the Singapore. The Certificate issued is valid for 6 months, she is hoping to get the Mayalysian Mission to expedite the request to cut the processing time down.

We spoke about this at length last night, once she received the P3 packet, which lists the documents requirement the U.S Embassy needs to move forward, to use this letter for the Police Certificate in Singapore. I intend to track the progress of the petition, so once I know the petition has been sent to the NVC, to start the processing with the Maylaysian Mission for the other Certificate of Good Conduct. So hopeful by the time its received to co-inside with the interview or request (COC) from Maylaysia when I file the petition here in the US, and given the alotted time to process, that it would be available about 4 weeks after she receives the P3 packet, so in a sense she may have to hold the P3 packet for a couple of weeks until it arrives.

Edited by C7ASingapore

Met onilne 17 Jan 2012, via skype & yahoo IM

Married 4 Dec 2013

I-130 Filed 1/24/2014

I-130 NOA1 2/7/2014

I-130 NOA2 7/11/2014 Approved

I-130 Package Sent to NVC 7/31/2014

I-130 Package Received at NVC 8/4/2014

Case Uploaded 8/13/2014

Received Case # and Invoice # 8/15/2014

DS-261 Completed 8/27/2014

AOS Fee Paid and Cleared Bank 8/29/2014

AOS Package sent to NVC 8/30/2014

AOS Package Received at NVC 9/2/2014

IV Fee Email Received 9/27/2014

IV Fee Bill Payment Made 9/27/2014

COC for Malayisa Applied Online 9/27/2014

COC for Singapore Applied for at Local Office 9/29/2014, pick-up date 13 Oct 20

DS-260 Completed 10/2/2014

IV Fee's Mark as Paid by NVC 9/30/2014

IV Packet Sent to NVC on 16 Oct 2014

IV Packet Received at NVC 17 Oct 2014

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.