Dyar

Can my US fiance fill File Form I-129F, Petition for Alien Fiancé(e)

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

Respected Sir/Madam.

My girl friend is from Ohio .We want to meet each other in June.We never meet each other .She asked me to fill File Form I-129F, Petition for Alien Fiancé(e)now .I said to her we should meet each other before we you do it.She made the call to uscis they said you can fill it now.I was shocked.

Please help me you know what i need.

Sorry for my English.

Regards,

You have to have met. And the United States citizen has to be the one to file, so she files, not you.

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Read this http://www.visajourn...content/k1guide

Requires that you have met within 2 years

This requirement can be waived only if meeting the non US Citizen's fiancé(e) in person would violate long-established customs, or if it would create extreme hardship on the US Citizen.

Edited by tru_loves_journey

event.png

event.png

I have only seen two exemptions made for having not met in person. One was a bed bound USC, who was unable to travel, and his fiancee made multiple attempts to get a visitors visa, and was denied. The other was a very small religious sect that did not permit meeting, even with a chaperone. Otherwise, I have not seen this waiver granted.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

You do realize that if you are granted a K1 fiance visa, wheneer that may be, you have to marry your USC fiance within 90 days of arrival into the US?

Just find this a bit shocking that you've never even met rhis girl and you're ready to marry her??

You do realize that if you are granted a K1 fiance visa, wheneer that may be, you have to marry your USC fiance within 90 days of arrival into the US?

Just find this a bit shocking that you've never even met rhis girl and you're ready to marry her??

From the OP, he did say he thought they ought to meet first.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Thank you for your answers.

One more question i'm Kurdish Iraqi.We want to meet each other in turkey .Should we go to US embassy in Istanbul?Or we not need to visit them?

No reason to go to the embassy in Turkey.

She will need to provide copies of your passport stamps and boarding passes to prove you were both there at the same time. You can back those up with secondary evidence of receipts, ticket stubs from places you visit, and photos of you together from your time spent there.

See the K-1 visa guide: http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.