GaryC

I have an announcement!

174 posts in this topic

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow...Gary and Luz!!! what a shocker :lol: Hey best of luck with everything guys! Happy for you but sad to hear you won't be posting any more :(

(F)(F)(F)

Filed: Timeline

I am kind of new here but I have seen everyone loves u both so much...so many times I checked the timeline you posted with a dream, someday our names will be there....

I am going to miss you both too...pls dont stop your posting here...

Thanks for everything and wish you all the best (F)

Susmita

The prevailing opinion on the Living in Cebu forum is that unless you bring sustainable income with you (retirement or investments) that you will have little chance of maintaining a reasonable lifestyle in the Philippines. Good paying jobs are few and far between and unemployment is high. We are considering moving there in the future, but with a retirement income and healthy savings.

What if he were to start his own business there?

Sheryl has relatives who own their own business'. They are living comfortably in the Phils. However I would really like to see Gary become a CO at the embassy. :lol:

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

DEAN AND SHERYL

Filed: Country: Senegal
Timeline

NOOOOOOOO........come back here...........you can't leave...............!!!!!!!!!!

OK I had my fit. Please don't leave V.J.

A BIG Thank YOU for everything you have done, it wont be the same. We never even

exchanged a personal word and I feel I am losing a friend. :crying::crying::crying:

Wishing you all the very best !

This was definitely suprising news but regardless of the path that led you to the decision, I wish you both all the love and happiness that this world has to offer. As the many posts before mine have said, your input to VJ has been invaluable and losing you on the site will be a blow. However, know that regardless of your valuable input, it is really YOU both that we will miss.

All the best .. be happy.

Mo

timeline.gif

Full timeline can be seen in my profile

PAST - From K-1 to Citizenship (a love story)
K-1: Aug 12, 2006 to Jan 17, 2007 - mailed I-129F
AOS: Feb 26, 2007 - Jul 26, 2007
REMOVING CONDITIONS: May 4, 2009 - Oct 3, 2009
CITIZENSHIP: Nov 27, 2012 - May 9, 2013

Note: I immigrated from Canada, not T&T - the timeline is reflective of this.

PRESENT - IR-5 Story (reuniting a family)
I-130 for Parents - 2013
Aug ?? - mailed I-130 packages for both mother and father
Sept 10 - NOA1 date
Sept 16 - NOA1s received

Feb 25 - got emails saying that the cases had been transferred to another office for processing

Feb 26 - got emails saying that the cases have been transferred to my local office for processing

Feb 28 - got emails saying that the cases have been transferred and are being processed

Mar 17 - got email, attached to one case number only, saying that my A number was changed relating to the I-130 filing

Mar 18 - got emails saying that the petitions are approved smile.png

Visit my website Dancing Light Stained Glass Studio to view my work.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Good Luck Gary. Thanks for all your help!

Met online April 2004

Went to Mumbai to meet Poonam Sept. 2004

Sept. 2004 thru April 2006 ongoing relationship

Went back to Mumbai April 2006

Engagement April 2006

Nov.-Dec. 2006 went to Mumbai

K-1 Journey*

08-02-06 mailed I-129F

08-15-06 NOA1

08-18-06 touched

10-05-06 NOA2 (51 Days)

10-06-06 touched

10-07-06 touched

10-16-06 Received hardcopy of NOA2 in the mail

10-19-06 NVC received my petition (Please hurry, so she can be here for Christmas)

10-26-06 Received NVC letter stating it was sent to Mumbai (Letter dated 10-23-06)

12-09-06 Never received Packet 3, So we downloaded and sent to embassy

02-02-07 INTERVIEW (Missed 1st interview, waiting on new interview date)

04-02-07 New INTERVIEW Date.

04-02-07 APPROVED !!!!!

04-27-07 ARRIVED IN U.S.

ticker.png

Filed: Other Timeline
:angry:

I just did, because I always wondered how it tastes...it was not yummy..I got jolted!!!!

Gary &Luz, best of luck, you've been an asset to this community!

Matako, please stick your tongue in a light socket, the electricity tastes yummy!

Well if the admins won't do the job, I will. Matako has been added to the IGNORE list. Censored. No more having to read his inane #######.

Gary, best of luck in Philipines.

Edited by SirLancelot

AOS I-485

07/10/07 - Sent I-485 via USPS Priority Mail to Chicago Lockbox

07/23/07 - Received NOA1 in my home mailbox

08/13/07 - Received ASC Biometrics Appointment Letter in my home mailbox

08/31/07 - USCIS mailed out Appointment letter with Postmark Date 8/31/07

09/04/07 - Received actual Appointment Letter (Interivew Date 10/30/07)

09/06/07 - Completed Biometrics Appointment at local ASC

10/30/07 - Scheduled AOS Interview Appointment - Approved

I-751

08/13/09 - Sent I-751 to CSC

08/17/09 - Receipt date of NOA

09/16/09 - Biometrics

09/17/09 - "Touched"

12/15/09 - Card production ordered

12/17/09 - Approval notice sent

12/21/09 - Received 10-Year GC and Welcome Letter

N-400

08/16/10 - Sent N-400 to AZ Lockbox via USPS First Class Mail with Delivery Confirmation

08/18/10 - USPS Confirms delivery: August 18, 2010, 9:57 am, PHOENIX, AZ 85036

08/24/10 - Check #501 for $675 cleared my account @ 11:20 pm EDT

08/27/10 - Received NOA dated 8/23/10 with a Priority date of 8/18/10

09/07/10 - Received Biometric RFE dated 9/3/10 -- Fingerprint apt. schedule 10/1/10

10/01/10 - Fingerprint Appointment-- Completed

10/09/10 - Received Interview Appointment Letter dated 10/6/10 for scheduled interview on 11/09/10

11/09/10 - Interview Passed

11/18/10 - Oath Ceremony

So, come on..... where are all of the people who normally chastize someone for posting that they're leaving? What about the ones who yell at people for "giving up"?

Gary leaving has put me in a rather bad mood, and I'd really like to rip the holy hell out of someone. So come out of the woodwork, you miserable cretins....

And VERY nice play on LisaD's topic about idiots who use the Ignore button, SirLancelot. Well written.

I just did, because I always wondered how it tastes...it was not yummy..I got jolted!!!!

Matako, please stick your tongue in a light socket, the electricity tastes yummy!

Well if the admins won't do the job, I will. Matako has been added to the IGNORE list. Censored. No more having to read his inane #######.

Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. ####### coated bastards with ####### filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bobble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

So, come on..... where are all of the people who normally chastize someone for posting that they're leaving? What about the ones who yell at people for "giving up"?

Gary leaving has put me in a rather bad mood, and I'd really like to rip the holy hell out of someone. So come out of the woodwork, you miserable cretins....

And VERY nice play on LisaD's topic about idiots who use the Ignore button, SirLancelot. Well written.

I think mostly everyone here recognizes that this was a sincere post and not summat done out of anger or drama.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Gary, Were you turned down at the NVC level? Your info could help some of us. Thanks and Good Luck!

Met online April 2004

Went to Mumbai to meet Poonam Sept. 2004

Sept. 2004 thru April 2006 ongoing relationship

Went back to Mumbai April 2006

Engagement April 2006

Nov.-Dec. 2006 went to Mumbai

K-1 Journey*

08-02-06 mailed I-129F

08-15-06 NOA1

08-18-06 touched

10-05-06 NOA2 (51 Days)

10-06-06 touched

10-07-06 touched

10-16-06 Received hardcopy of NOA2 in the mail

10-19-06 NVC received my petition (Please hurry, so she can be here for Christmas)

10-26-06 Received NVC letter stating it was sent to Mumbai (Letter dated 10-23-06)

12-09-06 Never received Packet 3, So we downloaded and sent to embassy

02-02-07 INTERVIEW (Missed 1st interview, waiting on new interview date)

04-02-07 New INTERVIEW Date.

04-02-07 APPROVED !!!!!

04-27-07 ARRIVED IN U.S.

ticker.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Gary and Luz best of luck to you both. I am glad you will be together which is what you were working for. I do hope you stay though or at least pop by occasionally to say hey.

K-1 journey, AOS/EAD and ROC in my timeline

2011 March 31 - Sent off Naturalization pkg overnight to Texas

2011 April 1 - Arrived in Texas at 10:21 am

2011 April 1 - NOA (rec'd via snail mail April 8)

2011 April 7 - Cheque cashed

2011 May 5 - Biometrics (letter rec'd via snail mail April 15)

2011 May 9 - Placed in line for interview scheduling

2011 June 13 - Rec'd yellow letter (no change in status online)

2011 June 23 - Rec'd text that my case has been scheduled for interview

2011 August 1 - Interview (rec'd via snail mail June 27) PASSED

2011 August 3 - Rec'd email that my case has been scheduled for Oath

2011 September 1 - Oath ceremony (rec'd snail mail Aug 5)

2011 September 1 - All done, yeah.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Oh no Gary I'm sorry you guys aren't going through with it. I wish you the best of luck over there and please do keep in touch!