Sveta & Ron

details for interveiw

11 posts in this topic

I am wondering how detail should sveta's docs be for when she goes to kyiv? as it stands now the folder has 31 tabbed dividers and i have almost everything in a different divider ie each of past 3 years of taxes in a tabbed divider for each year and so on this an over kill? index is like this

i-129f petitions form

letters of intent

birth records

bank records with past 12 month deposits

receipts ( misc )

flight records

phone logs

sms logs

2009 taxes

2010 taxes

2011 taxes

letters of employment contracts ( as i am a contractor )

divorce 1

divorce 2

emails

support to sveta

support for sveta thru 3rd party

last is relationship photos

is this an over kill? as of now the whole folder is 2 inches think and will be adding more as interveiw draws closer for updating

Edited by Sveta & Ron

Filed: Timeline

I am wondering how detail should sveta's docs be for when she goes to kyiv? as it stands now the folder has 31 tabbed dividers and i have almost everything in a different divider ie each of past 3 years of taxes in a tabbed divider for each year and so on this an over kill? index is like this

i-129f petitions form

letters of intent

birth records

receipts ( misc )

flight records

phone logs

sms logs

2009 taxes

2010 taxes

2011 taxes

divorce 1

divorce 2

emails

support to sveta

is this an over kill? as of now the whole folder is 2 inches think and will be adding more as interveiw draws closer for updating

If you can get tax transcripts from the IRS instead of using the tax returns, it's preferable. You can get them online for free pretty quickly. If you do use the printed tax returns, you need to include all schedules and supporting documents (i.e., 1099s).

or maybe copy os all my 1099's for past 3 years rather then tax returns

Get the Tax Transcripts. They are not that many pages as the return. 1099's could help since you don't have pay stabs. 12 Month Bank Statements might be an overkill. Get 3 month prior to interview. Kyiv is pretty easy embassy, as long as you can show them your current income you will be just fine.

Remove the following two:

support to sveta

You already have sufficient evidence of ongoing relationship, and those types of evidence are usually not recommended.

Put the photos first. This is most likely what they will look for anyway. And don't try to arrange it all nicely, as they will ask her to take it all out anyway.

Edited by Oksana & Max
event.png

event.png

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will direct your paths." (Proverbs 3, 5-6)

Filed: Country: Poland
Timeline

No, you need either tax transcripts or complete tax returns. Complete means with all schedules and w-2's (most likely doesn't aply in your case) and 1099's attached.

On the package itself, it seems a liitle bit overloaded, but that will not hurt. If the CO wants to see something, it will be easy to find.

Also, I agree with the previos poster on current financial support. Remove these 2 items, won't help, might hurt.

Edited by Tygrys

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

i-129f petitions form

letters of intent

birth records

receipts ( misc )

flight records

phone logs

sms logs

2009 taxes

2010 taxes

2011 taxes

divorce 1

divorce 2

emails

support to sveta

You only need one year of income tax, why three?

3 months bank statements, front page ONLY showing summary

I enclosed THREE emails from each of us, from throughout the relationship, no particular topics and an email log/summary. Phone logs. We did not use skype. I had sent money but did not submit it as "evidence"

All of the "evidence of relationship can be put together. Understand that at the interview THEY are not going to handle this folder AT ALL. They are going to ask for documents, she will pull them out and hand them under the window. IF they want them. Attach your tax return (one year) to your I-134. When they ask her for the I-134 she can hand the whole thing under the glass. ALL EVIDENCE related to the I-134 should be handed to them together under the glass as ONE "packet". They will decide what they need. And, I think we mentioned this before, but as a self employed contractor they do not care about your business revenue, they want your PERSONAL income, line 22 from your personal 1040, nothing from the Schedule C is relevent. (but schedule C must be attached if you used one, except if you use a transcript)Maybe you are using a co-sponsor because of this, maybe thats what you mean by "3rd party" ??? If you have a co-sponsor that should also ALL be handed through at one time, ALL together.

When they asked for "evidence of relationship" I showed things through the glass. "here are phone logs, these are our email logs" etc. They never even looked at them except through the glass. I had a pile of photos. He said "give me four photos, any photos" That is ALL he took.

The important stuff is her documents (BC, etc), the affidavit and all attachments and evidence of realtionship.

The copy of the I-129f is for her reference so she knows everything that was filed. She should review it before the interview and have it with her if needed for reference. She will not give it to them

And you should understand that this process is very simple and straight forward. At first they collect these documents and review youe evidence and MAYBE take some of your evidence for further review. This is NOT an interview, this is just document collection. Sort of like signing in at the doctors office and turning over the medical records and insurance information. Then you sit and wait (get used to waiting) Maybe 1-3 hours (see Ukraine consulate reviews) Then you are called for an interview that lasts 30 seconds to 5 minutes (that would be exceptionally long) Ours lasted maybe 1 minute and involved NO questions. Just "you are approved, here are your originals and photos, take this and go to the Fedex window to arrange delivery of your passport and visa. Welcome to the USA. Any questions" HELL NO!

There, you just read our entire "interview" and it took longer to read it.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

No

First, forget the three year thing, unless you just want to, they won't care and it won't help.

You need either copies of complete tax returns WITH 1099's AND all schedules and attachments

OR

Tax transcripts from the IRS. These are free, google "IRS tax transcripts"

the only time you actually need three years of tax returns is for the citizenship application to show that the immigrant filed taxes each year. For all other processes one year is sufficient and a listing of past three years gross income for the I-864 (but only ONE tax return)

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Remove the following two:

support to sveta

I am taking this to mean the "support" to be the I-134 from him and from a co-sponsor.

If what you mean is money sent to Sveta then you do not need this and I do not recommend you attach it, ESPECIALLY NOT if any of it came from or through a THIRD PARTY

Gary And Alla

what i ment by 3rd party is the translator in cherkassy as i pay him for her english lessons he also provides other services as help her with docs, flowers, gifts and he to some point still helps translate only on skype

also not planning on use a co-supporter

Edited by Sveta & Ron

what i ment by 3rd party is the translator in cherkassy as i pay him for her english lessons he also provides other services as help her with docs, flowers, gifts and he to some point still helps translate only on skype

also not planning on use a co-supporter

DON'T include any evidence of financial support you provide to her. Only the documentation you will need for I-134.

event.png

event.png

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will direct your paths." (Proverbs 3, 5-6)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.